Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memory Thread for Phred.

As I said before I never really "interacted" with Phred. But I looked back on Taz's memorial thread and of course there was Phred's post #10. It brought tears to my eyes all over again. Just as the previous post for Angus did too.
    I'm sure I'll spend some more time searching Phred's posts. It helps me feel like he's not really gone.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Same here. Only chatted with Phred a few times by email, but he kept track of all the pets and remembered Freckles when she passed in 2007. I'll never forget him.

I only wish I had gotten the chance to meet this dear sweet man in person... Phred was an absolutely WONDERFUL man, indeed an angel....

He never hesitated to help out a PT'er, or anyone for that matter- in need. Always sending out prayers, helping with finances when any one of our beloved furkids were sick and needed expensive medical procedures, and always the one to make us laugh! He had the best stories. His posts were always so entertaining, I loved the way he typed, it was so cute!

RIP Phred, we all love you and miss you!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I've been slow to respond, in part because of grief, in part because every little interaction seems to hold significance, now. The last time I talked to him, we were on the phone for 3-4 hours (I kid thee not), recalling old times, old pets, and just everything in general. Specifically, I remember him telling me about how, when he was younger, he hauled one of "his" (actually, it was his then-spouse's) horses to a show. Poor ol' Phred and the horse didn't get along worth a flip to begin with and wracked up quite the adventure (to the tune of the horse-trailer door coming open on the interstate). Everything ended well and oh, how he laughed (something I'm sure he wasn't doing at the time)!

We had to have our oldest boxer, Sara, put to sleep the Friday before Phred passed. The only thing I could say then was, "What a GOOD dog." The only thing I can think of to say now -about our Phred- is, "What a GOOD man." For every good thing he did "public," there were a million-and-one done in private.

We will miss our Phred.

after not sleeping worth a hoot last night, going to church today, and having a family Christmas today I was utterly and completely exhausted as I was driving home I was very sad b/c I couldn't call you. That was a ritual for a long long time. I would call you on my way home from my parents house. I'm almost tempted to call you're cell phone to listen to your voicemail but I am not sure I could handle that.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh my God, I also was not aware that Phred had passed away! I knew he was sick and in the hospital, but did not know he was that sick.

He was such a dear man. He always sent me a Christmas card every year. I am so sorry to see him go. I don't think there was ever a kinder person than Phred. I will miss all his threds and him too. I have such a knot in my throat right now, that is something I don't do is cry, but I think I am going to cry this day.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I remember showing up to all the memorial and labor day parties and he was always the one out there cooking, helping set up. He was always one of the first there. And it amazed me how close he was to every single person there. It amazed me that such great friendships were made over animals. I loved, and do love, every minute of it.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Tomorrow night there will be a total eclipse of the moon.

I don't think the weather will allow most of us to see it.......But, I always could count on Phred to comment about Eclipses, astronomy or the shuttle flights.
    I was hoping to get a chance to see it, I know Phred would have said something like, "It's too durn cold to go out and see it....."

He'll have a front row seat for tomorrow night's spectacle.

I am jealous.

9. Saying just RIP doesnt feel like enough for all the times i read his stories. the way he wrote them would make me laugh or smile. whether he knew it or not his heart an personality of gold shown right through. i sure am going to miss him. he was someone i would liked to have known in real life.

I will admit I never really "interacted" with Phred either, in the few times I did though, he was so nice. I remember posting a thread about Mikey loving a dog that was up for adoption and he asked me why this wasn't an introduction thread then He is obviously very missed. I will also say the first post I ever read was his "Bowser Adoption" post, that is a true testament to his love for animals and the people of this forum.

I never had the honor to meet him either but always loved his posts and LOVE how he jumped in and got the ball rolling to help Jonny Walker. I was sitting here reading this thread and have my ipod on shuffle. "Crying" by Roy Orbison started playing. How appropriate. I know that the prayer pups sent my Bean home to me. Thank you Phred!

>riiiiiing<

Herrow, God's Howze, Bowser speakin ...

BOWZ? We wz dialin Boots, da KAT, over inna KAT Dept.

I'm pickin up their calls - they's all over onna Bridge *lookin*.

Ooooh ... We wanted to leave a note fur God about a missin Kitty.

WHO dat?

Bean - belongs to MoonAndBean ... missin fur a while now.

BEANER?? - THAT's who they're all onna Bridge *lookin* fur!
    God went over to da 'Lektrik Shop to turn on s'more Stars to help wiffa search.

OK ... Ask 'em to keep a sharp eye out fur him.
    Is God gettin allua Purrrayers fur Bean?

There's so many Kandils burnin fur Bean that the Fiur Guys parked a
    pumper in frunta da Chapel ...

OK - tell God we 'preciate allua Help.
    Thanks, Bowz - an say HI to Boots fur us.

DONE, Gang!!

I am keeping up with everyone's posts here and each and every time I end up with my eyes filled with tears. Especially Staci's last post. And then Deb's post about Bean. He was so special to everyone is a different way.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I haven't been on PT much lately so I missed everything. But I am sitting here with LES remembering Bootz, clam juize, Pup Prayers, Bowzer, and all the things Phred did for people.

As Linus says "You are a good man Charlie Brown", well Phred (John) was a good man and provided support for many of us during difficult times. You will be missed

Last night I woke up around 3 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Tossing and turning, so I started thinking about all the special people of PT. This occurred to me... I don't know if St. Peter is really the "gatekeeper" of heaven, but I'm pretty sure a scene similar to this took place when all the Rainbow Bridge dogs realized Phred had arrived. I bet St. Peter handed Phred a huge package of dog treats and welcomed Phred to heaven... and Phred was surrounded! A comforting thought in the small hours of a cold morning.

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I know you are up there right now watching over Keegan while she's in surgery. And you will sit with her tonight while she is at the vet.
    Thank you!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..