Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your dog sleep in your bed?

Daisy and Delilah almost always sleep with me. Since they're so small, I don't really know they're there except for summer, they can feel like two tiny heaters Daisy is the quintessential clinger. She must have human contact and will even nap with visitors if the occasion arises(pretty rare but hilarious anyway). Delilah sometimes prefers sleeping somewhere else(also rare) on a fluffy blanket or in one of her beddy-boos I got her.

I can't imagine sleeping with large dogs, especially in multiples. I can certainly understand everyone's ways of thinking on this subject.
    However, my daughter sometimes sleeps with two full grown Aussies, a Golden Retriever, and occasionally, a fifteen pound cat. She tells me that someone has to leave the bed in the middle of the night due to lack of space. It's a good thing she can sleep anywhere at any time.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Well, on any given night there are up to 18 dogs in my house so no they can't all sleep on the bed! They all have their own beds, some are crated. Pingo thinks the futon, which hasn't been in an upright position for months, is her bed. She occasionally shares it with a couple other dogs.

There are two who sleep on the bed all night every night. We actually bought a king sized bed last spring so there would be more room for Chum and Pacer. The salesman thought we were nuts! Chum sleeps by my feet and Pacer sleeps beside me(on the opposite side from my hubby).

There are never less than 3 cats on the bed too. I have 8 but they rarely all sleep on the bed at the same time.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I don't sleep good without the dogs near me....so yes I actually have to bug casey to come on the bed with me.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Maggie sleeps with us in the bed now. Sadie and Maggie both used to be in there and then it was just Sadie but now it's just Maggie. Maggie doesn't take up much space at all. I love having one of them in there with me to snuggle with. Hubby would probably rather not have them in there but he hasn't put up too much of a fight so dogs in bed it is.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

not durring the night but he likes to nap there. He actually won't comeon my bed at night, he has his own chair.

Niņo & Eliza

My dog was crated at night till she was house trained then given permission to sleep on the bed. More often then not she goes to her crate to sleep.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I don't because I figure if we let her she would be tempted to go on the furniture aswell. Which my mom wont let.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Well, it was my intention to introduce her to the crate gradually too- so she wouldn't think it was a punishment being put in there. Now I am really confused I want to make her transition to my house as positive as possible.
    Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet

I'm not quite as brave as K9soul to let puppies be on my bed until they're housebroken, but I totally agree with her that going to a new environment is a big adjustment for a puppy, even those who don't come from rescue. So what I do to sort of simulate what K9soul is trying to accomplish, but still protect my bed, is put the crate right next to my side of the bed and set it on a box or something, so that it's level with the bed. That way the puppy can see me and feel like they're sleeping with me, because essentially my head is only inches from theirs.

Also, before I put them in the crate for the night, I make sure they've played and pottied, so that they're nice and pooped and ready to sleep. Then with a happy voice I tell'em we're going to bed, put a treat in the crate, shut them in and go to sleep (no eye contact or talking to'em). I've never had an issue with any of mine viewing the crate as a punishment and I've never had the big whining issue at night that some do with puppies.

After they're housebroken, they're allowed to sleep on the bed, but they gotta follow the rules, which are no playing on the bed and they gotta move or get down when I tell them to. Sleep is important and I'm not gonna sleep like a pretzel to accomodate'em. There's plenty of room on my King size bed for everybody to have their own spot and be comfortable. I've never had a dominance issue towards me from either my Cairns or Collies, so I'm thinkin' having rules helps override creating dominance issues by letting them be on the bed.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards