Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will have surgery next week, I may have cancer!!

I can understand your fears. In February 2000, I had the same problem. I had a dr. appointment on Tuesday, they thought something seemed "wrong" and sent me for some tests and ultrasounds on Wednesday. Thursday my dr. called and said, "you are scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 2 pm!" She was afraid it would end up being cancer. The cyst on my left ovary was 20cm and on the right, the cyst was 13cm. I lost both of the ovaries... I wasn't even 28.

I will definately say prayers for you and send you some positive thoughts for healing. You have all the love and support of everyone here at PT.

cyber-hugs from Arizona,

Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Praying for you, Kirsten!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I hope it's not serious. I hate that you have to wait so long to have the surgery. I know it must be really hard for you. We'll all be here for you.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Try to stay positive! I know it's hard. I've had female cancer scares 2x so I know your mind races and you're in a fog. Sending you hugs and prayers that everything will be OK.

I've been Boooo'd!

Kirsten:
    When I just now opened up PT, my eyes immediately spotted the word cancer and I just had to open this thread.

I've been there. I know what the waiting is like. I know your fears and anxiety. You are scared....not wanting anything to happen to you....and what would happen to dear Lily and Luna??

Please Kirsten, don't let your mind wander like that. The doctor has not confirmed it's cancer. Have the sir jury and deal with the issue when it's time. Worrying yourself silly and being stressed out is not helping any and it won't change the outcome. Besides, those precious furbabies will pick up your mood. You need them as much as they need you right now.

Through my cancer "ordeal" (and even before it was confirmed cancer), I tried to stay upbeat and positive. Attitude is everything and if, God forbid, I should have more treatment this Fall, I will carry a winning smile knowing that I'm going to kick this cancer to the curb.

We are all here for you so don't be afraid to lean on us. Give us your troubles and worries. Hmm, that reminds me...isn't someone here from the "Worries R Us" club???

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way Kirsten. If I can be of any help at all, please PM me, OK??

slick
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Dear Kirsten

My prayers are with you. The best thing is to stay positive! I've been through the cancer scare myself...at a young age at that. I believe the mind can do wonderful things, so keep your chin up.

*HUGS* on the way!

Kirsten, I know you are very frightened, as any of us would be. What I can promise is that you will be in our prayers, every day. Is there someone who can update us on how you are doing?

I'm so glad that there are cancer survivors here who can give you their first hand experience. Praise God that they are survivors!!!!!

Much love to you and your girls,
    Logan

Kirsten, I have had you on my mind ever since you reported a while back about not feeling well. This may well be the cause of that and the surgery may also be the cure for your being so worn down. This may be the very thing that will help you return to your previous feelings of health and well being. I'm sorry that you have to face an operation, but if that is what is what it takes, then we will pray for everything to go perfectly.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Many hugs and prayers sent.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I thank you all for your support and your kind words. I really helps a lot!

I'm very tired today and mentally exhausted, that's why I won't write much (just want to go to bed).

My gynecologist made another ultrasound today and explained to me that the actual cyst is not the major problem, but a growth attached to it. She said it could be a part of the ovary, but in connection with the tumor marker she has to insist on doing the surgery. From what I've read between the lines, I feel she's pretty sure it's cancer. Also, she wrote "adnex tumor" in the papers for the hospital.

Oh, and I was told that I should be prepared to stay in hospital for about a week! That is a horrible thought, especially as I have to share the room with other patients, and I hate that. And it's hard being seperated from Luna and Lily for such a long time!

Also, my gynecologist isn't sure about a laporoscopy, it's more likely that they will do an abdominal incision. All this really scary!!

Kirsten

Kirsten - can your hospital provide some home care? That might allow you to go home earlier.

I had abdominal and was out in three days - but I had my mom's place to stay.

Do you have a friend or relative that can look in on the girls? Contact some pet contacts if you have any.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Kristen!!
    *hugs*

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Oh my goodness, I leave pt for awhile and this terrible thing happens

Kirsten I hope with all my heart that it is not cancer, and that if they do surgery you will get through it very well and heal fast!

Please keep us updated.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, Kirsten! What a scary thing to have to go through. I hope everything goes well for you. ((hugs))

I wondered what an adnex tumour was, so away I went on Google...

I found a really interesting German forum, so sent the link to Kirsten.

Also - in women under 30, only 10% of them are malignant. Now I don't need Kirsten's age, but she is a younger woman (younger than me I think!), and her chances are good.

I also read that ALL women get these cysts at some point, but most resolve during that time of the month. Some don't...

{{{hugs}}} again, Kirsten!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda