Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating Game

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Should you stay married "for the sake of the kids", and forgo your own happiness?
    No, I don't believe that one should. Perhaps timing is a factor here to some extent. But what happens when the kids have gone on to lives of their own and you are left with 16, 18, 20 years behind you of unhappiness? Children know when their home is not a happy one and your unhappiness affects them as much as a divorce does.

There are times in our lives when we are offered an opportunity and we must grab it regardless of our situation at the time. What happens is that ultimately, everyone's life becomes better for it.

From the website zen-moments.com

Have you ever had a deep and secret urge to be totally you — to let the persona drop?

That call to be genuine regardless of consequences feels somehow dangerous. It threatens to overthrow the order. Still, it tugs at you from some poorly lit place in your psyche.

Some of us are not living genuinely. Our lives are not an authentic expression of our true nature.

Why do we do it? We compromise and live false lives, appeasing someone, or some concept, that would not even be part of our life if we were to live genuinely. What sense does that make?

Are you willing to compromise your "dreams" in order to be in a relationship?

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post

Are you willing to compromise your "dreams" in order to be in a relationship?
    No, definitely not. Although I guess it would depend on a very strict circumstances. But if a guy couldn't accept my dreams then I wouldn't accept him

Do you feel it's okay to cheat if you're both very unhappy in a relationship?

Of course not. If you're unhappy in a relationship, then get out.

What is one song that describes your significant other? For mine, "Guys like Me" by Eric Church
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Hmm i don't have one for my present husband, but my ex it used to be He's so shy by the pointer sisters.

Now my question is, if you were divorced and good friends with your ex husbands brother, say you really got on extremely well,and you found yourself having feelings for each other would you consider dating him? or would that be a big NO NO?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That's a real tough one. I think it depends on circumstances. For myself I think it would be a NO NO but I know one girl who ended up marrying her ex's brother.

Could you ever forgive and forget if you found out your spouse had slept with his/her ex and kept it a secret ?
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Absolutely not. Cheating is cheating. There would've never been any honesty in the relationship then.

When did you realize you loved her significant other while dating? How long did it take you to tell him/her that you loved him/her.
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    When did you realize you loved her significant other while dating? How long did it take you to tell him/her that you loved him/her.
    I knew early on. But I was always afraid to say it. But we met March 22nd and he said it to me on April 18th. And here we are 7 years later. Oh, and in reference to an earlier question: we met online.

Is there a "grace period" of how long it should be before you find someone else after a spouse dies?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Nope. Everyone heals at different paces, the only thing that matters is if you're truly ready.

Indian or Italian for date night?
    Fabulously Fierce Pets
    Fabulous Finds for Your Favorite Furbabies

Tricky because of my food allergies, but Italian!

It's funny, because a lot of these question I can only approach hypothetically, as I don't have any "exes" - I know I am fortunate in that regard.

Would you move to be closer to someone you are dating, or wait and see if things got "serious"?
    I've Been Frosted

wait and see if things got more serious, if we did not live in the same town, would be a good test to see if the relationship would work.

What would be your idea of a very romantic date?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Idea of a romantic date.... is just being with someone you love, period. It would not matter what we'd do, as long we're with each other. I'm simple.

Now YOUR idea of a romantic date? And what was the most romantic date you've had?

Ah i am still waiting lol, never really had a really romantic date, but i think a candlelight dinner overlooking the ocean would be my ideal romantic date.

What is the best present your SO has ever given you?
    Furangels only lent.

Besides himself?

That would be a handwritten "certificate" which I was able to exchange for "one baby hatchling bunny, as soon as we bought a house." So I kept it for years, until we owned a house, and redeemed it for Miss Hoppy!

Would you marry someone before discussing issues like money and children with that person?
    I've Been Frosted

you know what Karen i think i did, we never really discussed Money as neither of us really had any,nothing much changed there lol, and children, well nope never discussed that either.,which gives me my next question to ask.

If your partner did not want children, and you really did, would you leave them, or not marry them or stay with them, or would you just give up on the idea, or hope you could change their mind? or.....
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post

If your partner did not want children, and you really did, would you leave them, or not marry them or stay with them, or would you just give up on the idea, or hope you could change their mind? or.....
    I'm lucky because my husband and I were on the same page from the very beginning. Too many couples get tied up in this dilemma.... have this conversation early or you're in trouble!

Do you belive long distance relationships work?