Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Pet Talk GIFT SWAP 2004*

The last one was so much fun.. I'm in!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I would love to be in, but I will let you know in a little bit. They are so much fun! So, it can only be $20?

I think late February or sometime in March would be a good plan.

We missed the first two, but we're in for this one!!

Originally posted by Cataholic
    May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).
    I agree. I think its awful that they didn't recieve any gifts while they sent their's. That is just awful, and I agree this can be hurtful to them.

And yes, we originally thought it was 2...........but from the last thread, I realized there was a 3rd person who got nothing as well. I hope there aren't any more! Personally, I wouldn't feel safe giving my address after knowing there are such people who would do such a thing. I wouldn't give my own address to anyone on the web anyway, but after what these few people did.......wow........that's enough to break trust in them for life. I think they should feel ashamed to continue to post here after this, without giving a valid explanation. Really really sad. Just how I feel.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 12-02-2003 at 05:37 PM.

May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).
    I know about that, and there was a few threads that addressed that. I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I think somebody should talk to those who arranged the last swap and find out.

I didn't realize (or mean it to be) a slap in the face? If there was something I could do about what happened in the previous ones, I would, but it's not under my control...it's only under the control of those who didn't send. I'm going to try my best for this one to make sure EVERYONE sends and receives gifts.

I'm aware of two of the people who didn't send but I'm not sure of the third. Maybe if you'd like to talk about this futher you can send me a pm.

I would love to be in, but I will let you know in a little bit. They are so much fun! So, it can only be $20?
    It can be over if you'd like...I think the minimum should be $15 though, if that's ok with everyone.

I'm sure we can arrange for people to swap to those with similar kind and numbers of pets.

I would be interested if it was the end of February or the beginning of March. The last one was great fun!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I want to join, I had so much fun shopping for Kimmy and her furkids last time .
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm interested!
    I just feel sorry for whoever gets me since my Nipo rarely plays with any toys....
    She's impossible to shop for!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    I know about that, and there was a few threads that addressed that. I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I think somebody should talk to those who arranged the last swap and find out.

I didn't realize (or mean it to be) a slap in the face? If there was something I could do about what happened in the previous ones, I would, but it's not under my control...it's only under the control of those who didn't send. I'm going to try my best for this one to make sure EVERYONE sends and receives gifts.

I'm aware of two of the people who didn't send but I'm not sure of the third. Maybe if you'd like to talk about this futher you can send me a pm.

Wolf_Q...I sent you a pm....but, for everyone's edification, I didn't mean that I thought Wolf_Q was 'slapping' anyone in the face....just that the IDEA of us moving forward without addressing the problems with the things in the past was somewhat rude.

I would love to be included in the gift swap! And no worries about shipping. I have an APO address so it costs the same as if you are shipping in American and not like you are shipping to Germany!

I would like to sign up. I missed the last one. Are you going to match the partners? I am interested.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    Wolf_Q...I sent you a pm....but, for everyone's edification, I didn't mean that I thought Wolf_Q was 'slapping' anyone in the face....just that the IDEA of us moving forward without addressing the problems with the things in the past was somewhat rude.
    It is being addressed so we aren't just "moving on".

And, I was told that previous Gift Swaps before the last one, people hadn't got their gifts either.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

If you participate, you do not have to send your gift until the end of February/beginning of March...

But I was wondering if anyone would like to get a head start and find out who they will be swapping with now? This gives everyone plenty of shopping time! Let me know!

I would like to get a head start. I might need to make the gift, or have someone make it, or shop early. The shopping at this time of year is really great. So, I would be one of those that don't like to do things at the last minute.

I think I am interested in this. I was wondering if I could get a little more detail. Do I buy for each pet and the person to? I've never done anything like this before so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I really enjoyed the christmas card exchange so I thought this might really be fun too.

Thanks...Robin