Thread: Corkscrew is sick again. Long Overdue Update 8/27

Threaded View

Corkscrew is sick again. Long Overdue Update 8/27

I'm not sure if any of you remember when Corkscrew was really sick two years ago and I spent over a month having to force feed him, but it looks like I'm going to be doing that again. He stopped eating and started vomiting bile on Sunday so we went to the vet yesterday.

I just got off the phone with the vet about his results and his liver enzymes are high which leads the vet to think that he has fatty liver disease again. However when he compared the results to Corkscrew's results last time he noticed that his thyroid levels are high and last time they were normal. Now we are going to have to run addition tests to check for hyper thyroid.

I started the force feeding last night which he doesn't seem to enjoy, and he has kept most of it down I noticed when I got home from work that he did throw up part of his breakfast but he did manage to hold down all of his dinner last night and I'm getting ready to feed him again right now.

Keep us in your thoughts that he gets better and with this next text we can figure out what is really wrong with him. Money is a little tight since I got laid off back in February, thankfully I have a new job but I just don't have the extra money that I used to anymore.
    Last edited by Uabassoon; 08-27-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!