Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    Congratulations! Wow, your post made me realize how long I have been on PT ... I remember when you were in high school, living with your parents!
    Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? I still find it hard to believe I've been married for over 3 years now, and I joined pt many years before that, when I was still a teen. Years fly by, and with them, life brings many changes. Wonderful changes that bring along with them much responsibility.

For those of you who are pregnant, or have been before, do you remember how long it took before you could eat normal again? I haven't had any morning sickness or vomitting, but I don't seem to like many foods now, and can't seem to eat them. My mom is worried because she thinks my eyes look a little weak since I'm not eating well enough. I'm starting my 2nd trimester tomorrow, so I know I need to start eating well, but my stomach just doesn't want to eat anymore. Breakfast foods and fruit, I can handle well, but meat and chicken...no way. The problem is my iron level has dropped a little because I haven't been eating meat or iron-rich greens in awhile.

Any advice on this?

Yes, I had a hard time with a lot of foods including meat, chicken and especially fish. You could try eating more eggs (for protein) and maybe ask your dr. about iron supplements. Breakfast cereal usually contains a lot of iron and so does cooked beans and lentils. Baked potatos with skin on also have iron.
    Your prenatal vitamin should be enough, but I'd ask about it anyway.
    I am still having a hard time with chicken and fish so I don't know when you will want to eat it. It's funny but the body has a strange way of letting us know what we should eat more and less of. You may start craving ice cream (for the calcium) or banana (potassium) etc... so I wouldn't worry too much. Your body will let you know what it wants.

Best rule of thumb I've found for eating in the early stages is eat what does sound good to you, even if you are eating the same things over and over for awhile. My regular appetite usually has returned around the 3rd or 4th week of the 2nd trimester. That said, there were some things I just couldn't stand all the way through--hot dogs and most things with ground beef were the ones that bothered me.

My doctor actually had me start taking iron tablets after the last bloodtest. I've been taking prenatals since at least 8 months prior to getting pregnant, and I know it does contain iron, but I guess maybe not enough? As for ice cream cravings...I'm probably one of those people who has been craving for ice cream since I was a baby (lol), so even if I AM craving for ice cream, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything different. I did notice that I'm going back to the fridge for milk quite frequently. Its funny how your appetite completely changes during pregnancy.

We have our 2nd appointment next week. Although I know we probably won't get to 'see' the baby this time, I'm looking forward to it.

Awww Poppy, that is fantastic news!!! i've missed you on PT!!! Please post more again
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm happy for you, congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

When you go to the first ultrasound, you and hubby will both have tears of joy. It's when it's finally real. That's how we reacted. I'm so happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    When you go to the first ultrasound, you and hubby will both have tears of joy. It's when it's finally real. That's how we reacted. I'm so happy for you.
    We already had our first ultrasound 3 weeks ago. You're right, it was an amazing experience. We just couldn't stop smiling. Seeing the baby for the first time is what makes it feel 'REAL', and its just so amazing to think there is a tiny little person growing inside of us. Those little ultrasound 'glimpses' are incredible.

Do you remember what they do at the second appointment? I heard they won't do an ultrasound again until they check for the gender.

At most appointments after the first one, they just do basic stuff--check your weight, urine sample, and check the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. It gets to be very routine, as long as all is going as it should. Hearing the hearbeat is pretty amazing every time, though.

Congratulations to you and your husband!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Congratulations, dear. Many happy wishes for all your family.

I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

PCB I'm so happy for you! I wish you the very best in your pregnancy and in your upcoming addition. How fun

I had my 2nd prenatal appointment yesterday. It went well, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Last time, we just 'saw' the heart beating in the ultrasound. I have never enjoyed going to the doctor, but it is truly enjoyable during pregnancy. Something very special.

Ultrasound is scheduled to be done in five weeks. I hope we'll be able to find out the gender then.

Congratulations, that must have been exciting! You and Sprout will be in our prayers. Don't get your hopes up too high about finding out the gender in 5 weeks - some babies are just shy and refuse to reveal such details!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!