Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: We have babies!!! New baby pics #466

Quote Originally Posted by karyn674 View Post
    Just keep in mind you did whatever possible. Don't batter yourself, nature sometimes acts in ways we don't always understand.

You did your very best and that is what counts. So be happy you managed to keep one alive. He surely wouldn't have made it without you.

How's the little one now?
    The little one seems fat and healthy so far. This morning she rolled over when her mommy got up and I saw her cute little tummy. So CUTE!!! She is nine days old now.

The one you see in the picture is the one who is still here. I want to pick her up so badly but will wait until she is further along. Her eyes should start opening any time now.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers for all of us.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

For her 10 day bd, I took some new baby pics. The little one is growing fat and sassy. Sorry about the quality of these but I was trying to take the pictures and hold the heavy plastic flap on the dog house open while avoiding the claws of momma kat who was perched on top of the Dog house trying to hook her claws in my head or behind, whichever she could grab.

The first pic, the baby is showing off her little white left pawsie.

The dog house has wood shavings in it. I can't take the blanket out to shake it off unless I can get someone to keep momma kat busy for a while.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Would it help to greet momma cat with some treats or something, so she knows you are there to see her too?

Last year, rcgirlca had a foster who was pregnant...poor mama cat was only 7 months old. She had 5 or 6 kittens...and they discovered too late that she wasn't producing milk. All but one died. It was heartwrenching.

The one that survived got ALL the milk and was bigger than his mom at 9 months of age. They both went to a wonderful home.

This little girl is going to be a big one too, I think! Glad to hear she is fat and healthy at 10 days.

Not to mention incredibly cute!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh it has been so sad reading through this thread, but then we see this dear little girl, who looks adorable, and is thriving well, i sure hope she is protected and can continue to thrive and you can socialize her soon and she will become one of your family,any chance of getting momma spayed? i know this is a stressful time for you watching this all going on, and i hope with all my heart baby girl and momma continue to do well, and that they are safe and well, they are lucky they have you to keep an eye on them.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It's sad that only one kitten is left but she sure looks fat and healthy. Hopefully she'll continue to thrive and you'll be able to adopt her. Will you be able to get the mother cat spayed so she won't have any more litters?

I hope the last baby makes it. She's so cute. I'm sorry to hear about the third one, hopefully things work out. My prays are coming for this little one.

Melissa

Big prayers for momma kitty and baby.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Baby has her eyes open!

Yep, our Baby has her eyes open now. Well, at least one. I only saw one open this morning but it was sort of dark in the dog house and her head was turned slightly away from me. She also has a black mask around her eyes like a raccoon making it harder to see her eyes. Won't be long and she will be venturing around. Then I'll really worry. She has a whole neighborhood to get lost in plus a busy street out front. Hopefully momma kat will keep her away from that.

Momma Kat is making progress too. I have been sitting outside in the evenings and early mornings with her. Last night we played with a long weed. It's so fun to watch her play. Poor kat probably never had a toy to play with.

She is getting better about not getting her claws in me too. When she starts too, I just pull my hand back and say "no claws". Then pet her. She likes being petted. I'm thinking her family must have hit her. The first time I pulled my hand back and said NO! she dropped like she had been shot.

Her hair is looking lots better and the vitamins she has been getting must be working. She has been playing in the mowed grass and seems to be really settling down. I'm hoping to get her spayed after the baby is weened.

Prayers and crossed fingers still greatly appreciated.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I hope their is a chance that the mom cat can get a loving home. Sounds like she is making progress and just needs sometime and someone to understand her.

Poor girl. I feel bad for her when you said how she just dropped like she was shot or something poor thing.

I hope she continues to make progress so she can find a forever home as well.

Melissa

Prayers and love and good wishes continuing for Momma Kat and Baby both.

I also lit them a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9040826
    Last edited by phesina; 08-25-2009 at 04:33 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Baby steps

Baby for sure has both eyes wide open now. She peeked at me when I went to peek at her last night to see how she was. She even stood up and took a few steps. Not walking real good yet but she is working on it.
    I was finally able to get the blanket out of that dog house and give it a good shake. Now she has a clean place to nap.

Momma kat seems to be making an impression with the neighborhood too. The lady who lives on the other side of the house where momma kat and baby are in the dog house, came out to chat while I was checking on them last night. She said she was surprised that momma kat lets her pet her now. She has been feeding her a bit too.

I was even able to pet momma kat without my gloves today.

Momma kat will make someone a really great cat someday.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Even little steps are the best
    GILL & Crew;

As they say Baby steps grow into Bigg steps.. Patience for sure.. Well so glad all is going good & the baby & momma is healthy..
    Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    Even little steps are the best

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

And we know that Our Animal Angel Army is keeping an eye on that Momma and Baby, and bringing them goodies from all over the World.

Bless you for doing your best for these poor lost souls!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prepare to go AW!!! momma kat and baby pics

Things moved fast yesterday. The people who own the house where momma kat's dog house is, brought an old stinky trailer in to haul junk off. It is filled with rotting garbage. For some reason, momma kat tried to move baby into it.

Luckily, I intercepted her. She did not like that at all but I fixed a big box for baby and took her and momma kat to my shed. The shed is metal and leaks somewhat when it rains but at least it doesn't smell or have roaches. Tons better than the dog house for sure. Plus, I got to cuddle baby for a while.

I locked them in last night. Momma kat had food, water, a blankie all her own and a litter box. I was afraid that the sound of rain on the tin roof would freak her out. Luckily we didn't have any rain. She seems to love the new digs. During the day I will keep the door open just enough so she can come and go or peek out.

She allowed me to take these pics this morning:

One of my favorites:

Momma kat got up too fast and rolled baby over!
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 08-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie