Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meet Merlin **HE'S HOME MAY 7, 2010**

He's a cutie pie.

I remember when I adopted Smokey who was at least 16 years old and had never had a Furrever Home.
    He was only expected to live a few years , but he lived with us for nearly 6 years, and was such a Wonderful Cat.
    You pray that MMerlin will have as good a life with you
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Slick, sorry for coming back to your thread so late.
    I am so glad that it will be only 2 months before you have a new cuddle buddy. Merlin looks gorgeous and I think it is a great name for a cat.
    Of course you are fully experienced with the elegant long fur and so it will be always shiny and clean.
    Merlin does not know yet HOW happy he will be but he will enjoy it very very much

He looks a sweetie!
    What about Oren for a name (pronounced Or-ren) which is Welsh for Orange.
    Or possibly MGM, as he's kind of like the MGM lion!

HOW could I have missed this thread?

Oh, Slick, he is just gorgeous. Actually I like the name Merlin too - it kind of rolls off your tongue. And he may be used to hearing that name as his own as well. But time with him will give you your answer.

I am so happy for the both of you.

I vote for keeping "Merlin." He has that wonderfully wise and knowing look that suits a great wizard and advisor to kings.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Bless you for adopting this sweet handsome boy. I also like the name
    Merlin.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Merlin, what a lucky boy you are! You are going to have such a wonderful home!
    Have you got a painter yet, Slick? Huh? Huh? We want to see this boy home as soon as possible!

Update:
    My condo is now completely painted but everything is not quite put back together. I also went out of town for 10 days. Before I left town I spoke to the vet who gave him his dental and blood tests. The vet said that he's never seen such good blood test results in a 15 yr old.

I came back on May 7th and promptly went to the shelter to pick him up. He's been with me for just over 24 hours now and as I write this he is on my lap, purring and drooling like I've never seen a cat do before. I have to get used to this thing called a lap cat and need to take lessons on how to type with kitty on lap and head on arm.

I took the attached picture today. He seems quite happy to be here although I need to work out the eating and litterbox issues. It seems that he might not like dry food but I'm going to try and see if I can't transition him. Last night he didn't sleep with me and he used both litterboxes but he had the runs, probably from stress, and this morning I found a big pee spot in front of the fireplace. I'm guessing that he did that because of the poop in both boxes. As of right now, he hasn't peed since this morning. He is confined to my bedroom while I'm out and during the night when I sleep. When I'm home, he has the run of the place.

Oh yes and head bumpies, he practically knocks me over and he's rubbing everything in sight to mark it has his. His nails really need trimming but I don't want to attempt it yet. I'm going to call the shelter lady and ask her to come over and assist.

His big furry white feet never stop. All you need to do is talk to him and his motor starts and his front feet start making dozens of biscuits. He's so different from Max. Merlin plays with toys and so loves his "nip." Man does this guy ever drool puddles when you give him lovies. He's a big kitty with a long body - about 10-12 lbs I'd say.

So for now I introduce Merlin. That's his name and I'm sticking to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by slick; 05-09-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Congrats Slick!!! I've been wondering when in May you'd be finally getting him. I'm so glad to hear that he's very healthy. He sounds like a real love bug and he sure is handsome. Please keep the pictures coming and I'm glad that you decided to keep his name.

Merlin >>>

Welcome to Heaven-on-Earth, Merlin!!

Merlin, WELCOME HOME!!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

What a handsome boy!! WOW! He is stunning! WELCOME HOME MERLIN!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Just look at the face on that boy! Now that's a magical cat if ever I saw one! It's easy to see that he realizes he's HOME. You're both so lucky and you're gonna be so happy. Congrats to you, Slick, and welcome home, Merlin!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Welcome HOME Merlin!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!