Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good thoughts for my dad, please HE'S HOME #76

I continue to pray for your Father and I hope he keeps all of his foot. Hopefully they are making him more comfortable with pain medication.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Bad news update.

The surgeon wants to take off all the toes on the right foot. Something about thrombosis and the skin degrading. He's not doing anything until he gets an OK from my dad, so more surgery tomorrow.

Thanks to all who are thinking and praying for my dad. He needs all he can get.

I know it must be so hard to decide.. but if it´s for the best... still hard to do..

hope he does well.. (()hugs)

have you looked for a second opinion?.. perhaps blood thinners.. or why are they mentioning thrombosis?.. has he already shown potential to develop this?
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

It may effect his balance some but if it will save his foot its worth it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    I know it must be so hard to decide.. but if it´s for the best... still hard to do..

hope he does well.. (()hugs)

have you looked for a second opinion?.. perhaps blood thinners.. or why are they mentioning thrombosis?.. has he already shown potential to develop this?
    He's already on blood thinners, he's had major heart surgery before this, so they want to alleviate any possibility for other clots to go up to his heart.

I'm guessing there are clots at the arteries by his toes?? My mom wasn't really certain about everything the doctor was saying, but they have some of the best doctors in the state there, so I guess that's where he'll be staying.

He will still be in our prayers. I agree with the statement that it's better to lose toes than a whole foot, hopefully they will save as much as they can without risking his life.
    I've Been Frosted

More prayers for your father.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm sorry to hear the latest news. I'll continue to keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to see your latest update. Please know that your Dad remains in my prayers.

For you and your Mom, I'm sending many [[[[[HUGS]]]]] and all the support I can offer!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oh no. Still have your dad and your family in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Blog Entries
    Jenn, Stay strong & good thoughts & prayers to you, your dad, mom, & family. If you have great doctors that is a plus plus there. If they take his toes he will still have his foot to walk on & they can do so much with special shoes. God Bless

Jenn-

My prays are coming for your dad and for the rest of your family as well.

Melissa

Saying prayers for the family.

Well, the news is mixed.

They removed my dad's toes down to one level, meaning they cut from the little toe across to the big toe joint and it's now all one straight line. They took skin from the bottom of his foot and wrapped it up around the top of the foot because that skin wasn't healing. They are not sure that the skin from the bottom of his foot will be good however, because it is so callused and mushed up from the accident. They had a vascular surgeon come in, but he wasn't sure what he would be able to do.

So... right now it's wait and see time. If the skin starts to heal they do the skin grafting on his foot. If it doesn't, they remove more of the foot. Not good.

I'm hoping and praying that his circulation will be good and that he will heal up quickly and easily.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. He sure needs them right now.

Prayers still on the way!
    I've Been Frosted