View Poll Results: What was/is the number limit of dogs in your household?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll

12 26.67%

15 33.33%

8 17.78%

2 4.44%

2 4.44%

2 4.44%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 10 or 10+

4 8.89%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What WAS your limit?

Originally posted by cali
    none, as in we dont have a limit never have, our dogs are athletes only shadow is a pet , of coarse the others are treated as pets, but they are athletes kept on exersize planes, and diet plans, and kept on a racing weight(if they were pets they would not be fat just a more normal weight) however the athletes are thin, light, agile, and bought, received, or adopted for sports not pets, so we really dont have a limit.

Wow... That's really sad.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

none, as in we dont have a limit never have, our dogs are athletes only shadow is a pet , of coarse the others are treated as pets, but they are athletes kept on exersize planes, and diet plans, and kept on a racing weight(if they were pets they would not be fat just a more normal weight) however the athletes are thin, light, agile, and bought, received, or adopted for sports not pets, so we really dont have a limit.
    OMG. I am speechless. And best that I stay that way, methinks.

*bites tongue, bites tongue, bites tongue*

Oh, Lord, give me strength, please.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by Twisterdog

Sometimes things need to be said....

I'm speechless as well..

-rx bandits

Sometimes things need to be said....
    I'd get banned for sure.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I could say alot of things, that may or may not lead to me getting banned... but i'm just too sick to my stomach to eaven come out with words.

Besides, they'd probably just go in one ear and out the other.

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I completely agree.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    You're right. It is sad. Unfortunately competition people are obsessed with having skinny dogs. Shaving your time down by a hundreth of a second is so dang important you know (and just to make sure that statement is not misread imagine my voice dripping with sarcasm).
    Sometimes breeders who actively show their dogs in conformation are also obsessed with having skinny dogs.

Don't get me wrong. Dogs shouldn't be fat or pudgy. I hate seeing all the really over weight dogs come into work. I always think of it as killing with kindness.
    But to keep a dog underweight to improve it's performance....well I don't know what I would call that.

I'd have to say I'm a bit obsessed with my dogs weights. They are not fat (although once upon a time Emily was) and they are not too skinny. I can easily feel their ribs, but not their spines, hip bones etc.

[i[Originally posted by Twisterdog[/i]
    I'm stuck in the same boat as you, Twisterdog. There's so much I would love to say.......but I've already been scolded for stating my opinions.

I'm speechless.

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    You're right. It is sad. Unfortunately competition people are obsessed with having skinny dogs. Shaving your time down by a hundreth of a second is so dang important you know (and just to make sure that statement is not misread imagine my voice dripping with sarcasm).
    Sometimes breeders who actively show their dogs in conformation are also obsessed with having skinny dogs.

Don't get me wrong. Dogs shouldn't be fat or pudgy. I hate seeing all the really over weight dogs come into work. I always think of it as killing with kindness.
    But to keep a dog underweight to improve it's performance....well I don't know what I would call that.

I'd have to say I'm a bit obsessed with my dogs weights. They are not fat (although once upon a time Emily was) and they are not too skinny. I can easily feel their ribs, but not their spines, hip bones etc.
    Not just the fact that she keeps them thin...
    The fact that she says their "athletes".
    Their animals. Dogs. Pets.
    Not Shaq or Mike Alstott.
    And this is PET talk.
    Not "Athlete" talk.

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Twisterdog

You took the words right outta my mouth Twisterdog. I am totally totally speechless and that is RARE.
    And she is so proud of it, that is infuriating.

be nice
    be nice
    be nice
    be nice
    that is what the MAYOR says
    be nice
    be nice
    this disgusts me. If she wants to talk about athletes go find another bulletin board.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Let's see ... how about "cruelty"? "Obsession"? "Lack of empathy for an innocent animal?" "Heartlessness?"

Am I getting warm? I can keep guessing.

There's so much I would love to say.......but I've already been scolded for stating my opinions.
    Oh, I hear you. Me too. I'm just a big ole' meanie, doncha know? Hmmmmmmm ..... perhaps 'tis not you and I that are they ones with issues afterall, eh?

I'm with you guys---
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I started off with only being allowed to have one, it eventually went up to two and was supposed to stay there until well I said the magic p word and now it's stuck at three and staying there at least until I have a place of my own and can afford another dog.

Okay sorry folks have to say something about this. Normally as some of you know I hold my tounge and don't comment prefering to stay under the radar but this comment is just begging for me to say something about.

Like Cali's dogs my dogs are athletes however my dogs are PETS first and athletes second. They will always be pets first and athletes second. If at any point in time one of my dogs shows any sign of not enjoying agility then I will stop competing with them and just let them be a dog because that is what they were to start with. If at any time my dog has an injury that prevents them from playing then fine I'll deal with it, I will let them rest and relax and heal, even if it means that they can't play for a month or two months or the rest of their lives. It doesn't matter to me, as long as I still have my dogs. That is the reason why Winter will most likely never compete in flyball just because I don't want to risk her hurting her leg again...hence the reason she doesn't get to compete in agility trails all that often and when she does she gets entered in lower jump heights.

I didn't get my dogs just for a sport it actually happened the other way around. I got my dogs and then the sport found us. I started agility to help my dogs gain confidence something all three have needed and still need. and Yes I keep my dogs at a nice weight but that's because I want them to be healthy and live a longer life, the fact that it helps them perform better is just a plus.

To say that your dogs are atheletes first and then pets is complete crap. I'm sorry to say that but it is, I know people who have been competing in flyball and agility for more years then you can imagine and they're dogs are always pets first and athletes second. It's like your parents saying "Oh yeah my daughter? She's a maid first and my daughter second." or something like that...not a really nice thing to hear now is it?

I now return you to your regular nice quite unassuming Tracy.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

WELL SAID TRACY!! YOU ROCK!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..