Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

She's beautiful, Jordan!! You must be proud parents! What beautiful shots, as well!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Since Lyra's almost 11 months old, I wanted to share some new pictures. I can't believe she is turning 1 next month!! She is little miss independent already, too, most of the the time anyway. Here's pictures from the last month or so.

These were taken at the neighborhood park the other day, when we actually had some nice weather!

You can see her top two teeth here, which I think are so cute!

More on the way...

Lyra likes to look out the back door and play with the curtain (which as you can see, the cats also enjoy playing with), and she gets really excited if one of the dogs are outside looking in. Kind of funny! You can also see her blankie she carries around these days.

And some pictures from Christmas- this was Christmas Eve, she really liked the bow!

I still have more to share coming up...

And a few from Christmas Day. Opening her presents, then we went to the Botanic Gardens light show. They had glasses that made the lights different 3D shapes! It was very pretty.

Eric, Lyra, my mom, and my brother Keegan

And finally, Lyra's Christmas photo. We took this at home, and out of 75 or so pictures this was the best one, and it was the first, too. We sent these out as gifts to Lyra's grandparents.

Well that's finally all of them! Thanks for looking!

Oh my goodness! What a treat to wake up to. Lyra is gorgous. I can't believe she almost a year old. I can't believe Laura is almost 6 months old. Laura got the Leapfrog scout too this Christmas! When did Lyra start sitting up on her own? And crawling? Or walking?
    She is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Oh my goodness! What a treat to wake up to. Lyra is gorgous. I can't believe she almost a year old. I can't believe Laura is almost 6 months old. Laura got the Leapfrog scout too this Christmas! When did Lyra start sitting up on her own? And crawling? Or walking?
    She is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you! Lyra starting sitting up well on her own at around 7 months, and she began rolling everywhere around 8 months. Then, she started crawling backwards, and finally crawling frontwards at 9 months. She pulls herself up on the furniture and cruises now, but doesn't walk yet. It doesn't stop her from getting into everything though!!

When do we get to see some new pictures of Laura?

(By the way, I was totally shocked that the Scout toy had Lyra's name for download! It's a cute toy.)

Oh my goodness is Lyra adorable! Thanks for sharing all of those pictures

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh I think Lyra is so pretty! What kind of background and lighting did you use to get her Christmas photo? It turned out so beautifully!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    What kind of background and lighting did you use to get her Christmas photo? It turned out so beautifully!
    We have some thick black curtains for the basement windows to keep out light (because my husband has a projector/home theater down there) that worked really well for the background. We taped up one on the dining room wall, where one whole wall on the other side is a big sliding glass door. That way, we were able to use all natural light. I know my brother edited the photo a little bit (he's in graphic design) but he didn't have to do a whole lot. The curtains worked surprisingly well.

Hey everyone, just a little update on me. I am 31 weeks now and time is flying by. Baby's room is pretty much done, waiting on my glider to arrive though. Baby shower's are coming up and I will add any finishing touches after those. The pregnancy has been overall uneventful, let's hope it stays that way. Baby is really high and prefers the right side and wedges some part of its little body right into my ribs....ouchie. March will be here before I know it and the little one will be joining the family. The dogs seem to finally sense something is up, they are quite clingy at times. They still think they can lay on my belly but it hurts too much so they have to lay at my side. I have been sleeping pretty well, minus the nightly trips to the bathroom though and on that note I am headed to bed. Hubby and I are headed out of town for the weekend, only going to Orlando but still out of town, so I need to get to sleep so I can gather our items in the morning. This is most likely going to be our last weekend away as just a married couple with no kids.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Ahhhh, enjoy the getaway! If you think you're not sleeping now... just wait, it gets worse..... but then it gets better, much better. Did the baby turn yet? Beenie and Frankie did the same thing.... I think Beenie knew from very early on but Frankie was the more clingy of the two. He seems to be more afectionate and curious toward the baby too. Oh, I am really excited for you. Have fun on your trip.

I took my first test yesterday after a few odd symptoms for a few weeks, and I'm 11 days past due for my cycle.. I plan on taking a few more home tests just to be sure and will be scheduling my first doctors appointment soon. I'm sooooo excited. I'm approximately 5-6 weeks along.

Oh look at all of the cuties! It's been too long since I've visited this thread. All the little ones are growing too fast.

Congratulations, molucass! I think it's time we get a 2010 pregnancy/baby thread for all of us expecting a baby this year.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Gemini, I hope you had fun on your weekend trip! When is your due date- is it in March?

Also, I wanted to let you all know Old Navy is having really good sales right now. They are offering an additional 50% off clearance items, and I got a ton of nice things (2 pairs of pjs, a coat, 2 sweaters, a dress, 4 shirts, and a pair of pants) for Lyra for only $35.