Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sassy

I am saddened to hear about Sassy. She was such a fun spirited pup who was loved by many, but especially by you.

It's been three weeks today.

I'm so sorry to read about Sassy. I was just looking through the memorials and it's so heart wrenching to see all of these sweet animals that I loved seeing pictures of, now in Memorial.

I hope you are feeling some relief that Sassy is no longer in pain. She is playing and enjoying herself at the Bridge. It is so hard to say goodbye to our beloved pets... my thoughts and prayers go out to you during your grief. Know she is looking down on you and loves you for loving her. Big hugs to you during this time.

Thank you all.

I have one question. WHEN does the pain go away? WHEN will I happily think about her? I can't stand the sense of loss anymore. I hate coming home to no Sassy. No silly quack barking, doggy odor, or a wagging tail. No giving her goodies anymore. She was such a huge part of my life. I just can't imagine completely moving on. Will I ever think about her happily again? Please make this sense of loss go away.

There are some days I'm completely fine, but others I want to loose it, knowing she's gone. I'm doing okay overall. But I miss her so much.

I still miss you babe. I wish you would just come home.

The pain will ease up Alyssa, in time. You will always miss her but you will be able to think of Sassy and talk about her and smile. It's really painful, I know. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's been a month since she died today. A whole month. Where did time go?

Alyssa, the pain does ease but it takes time & everyone is different {{Hug}}.

Sassy will always be a part of your life, and will be in your heart forever.

It's been over six weeks since she left.

Should I feel guilty for not crying anymore?

No, you shouldn`t feel guilty. As time goes on, Sassy wouldn`t have wanted you to cry whenever you thought about her. The happy memories you had with her will take the place of the sadness you feel, and soon not only will you not be crying, but you`ll be smiling. Thinking of all the times that Sassy would make you smile, and laugh. Sassy still can make you smile, Alyssa, except now you have to smile so much wider, so that she can see it from heaven.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

It is ok that you aren't crying. You may have come to terms that Sassy is at the Rainbow Bridge. Believe me, there will be times, you will shed a tear or break out bawling about her and that's ok too. She's in a wonderful place and happy and healthy again. She wants you to go on, you'll see her down the road one day. Do you talk to her Alyssa? I always talk to Mandy, still over two years later. I will always believe she hears me. And do you talk about her? I'm sure you do.
    The other day, making up Lacey's birthday thread and seeing Mandy's picture in my siggy, I broke down. Mandy and Lacey were buddies.
    Hang in there hon. {hugs}
    Forever in my heart...

Aw Alyssa, I don't think you should feel guilty at all. Tears are not the only form of grief, they are just the most immediate. Sassy wouldn't want you to cry over her forever. You will always miss her, but you are moving on from the sadness and you've accepted that she's not gonna be around any more. It's not a bad thing at all. You're being strong and I'm really proud of you for it.

((hugs))

Zimbabwe 07/13

I found Mr. Bear..he still smells like you. Thanks for making me cry all over again. I miss you so much.

Wow, it's been over 2 months since you left me.

The words "it was for the best.." and whatever else people say to comfort you are getting old. Maybe that's true, but why does it still feel like I could have done more to save you? I am just sick of feeling sorry for myself when I know I should feel sorry for you. Today was a horrible day for me, I could hardly focus on anything at work, maybe that's why I was in such a horrible mood. People keep saying you're in heaven, that's great and all but YOU'RE NOT here with ME. You shouldn't have died so young, it wasn't fair. Baby, I'm so sorry. I STILL miss you! The worst part is no one really understands this feeling. I don't like talking about it with anyone. It just doesn't feel right.

I know, I sound so selfish, but I can't help it. Living without a dog is like living in hell, honestly. I can't wait till I move out so I can get one.

love you sas,

mommy

I think this guy knows how I feel-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-86nvBVjaY
    Last edited by Alysser; 09-18-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Sometimes people don't know what to say and what they do end up saying isn't what you want to hear. You want Sassy back, I know. Please remember Alyssa, Sassy is with you, she is a part of you and always will be. If you need someone to talk to pm me anytime, ok? {{{hugs}}}
    Forever in my heart...

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    The worst part is no one really understands
    You may think this, but anyone who has ever lost a beloved pet, feels the same way. She'll always be with you and as time goes by the pain does get easier to bear. There will always be times when you are reduced to tears when you think of Sassy, but you'll find that the times you smile and laugh when you think of her will outnumber the times of sadness. You have so many wonderful pictures and memories of the happy times you spent together, and no one can ever take that away from you. Someday when the time is right and you least expect it, another little furball will wiggle it's way in to your life and your heart. And altho it will never be a replacement of the one you have lost, you'll find that you will again have a very special little friend to share your life - and Sassy will smile down upon you and be so happy for both of you. Please believe me - I've been there!