Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will have surgery next week, I may have cancer!!

Kirsten is not under 30. And in Germany the general style is that people rather stay in the hospital a little bit longer than in the US- you wouldn't believe how far cultural differences can go sometimes.
    But on the other hand Kirsten: I am sure there is someone taking care of Luna and Lily during that week and as I know from Filou and Tigris (or from our neighbor kitties Nemo and Minka for whom we care when their purrents are away) a week goes for the kitties in no time. They don't measure time as we do.
    Just concentrate on yourself- you are in good medical care and you will know much more about therapy and everything in a week's time

Barbara is right, I'm 41 (soon 42), and this makes the risk much higher for me. And I was told I'd have to stay in hospital for a week (+ or - a couple of days). Right now, I really have to say I envy the American people for leaving the hospital much sooner after a surgery. 3 years ago, I was surprised when I heard that the mother of an American online friend left hospital only one day after her disk hernia surgery. I had to stay 10 days after mine!! And after that, I was lucky that I was allowed to go home instead of going 4 more weeks to a rehabilitation center!

Luna and Lily will be looked after my neighbor and my mother, but I will miss them terribly!

Kirsten

Oh, Kristen! I really, really hope it is NOT cancer! I send you all my love and prayers!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Lots of positive and healing thoughts for you Kirsten. I hope all goes well with the surgical procedure and the outcome is a good one. I think you have received some wonderful support from many people here and wise advice.

Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Will be keeping you in my thoughts Kirsten. I'm sorry I didn't see this till now! You should feel lucky that they keep you in the hospital for the length of time they do... too many people are discharged before they should be over here in the US just to have the insurance companies money. It's a shame.

Thanks everyone! Your support means a lot to me!

Well, here they keep you in hospital much longer to monitor you after surgeries. It is probably much safer, yes, but it is stress for me to share my room with strangers, I totally hate it to have no privacy! That's why I would love go home after one or two days! Besides, every day in hospital will cost 10 Euro!

BTW, I asked Tenna (Uniqueviking), my friend from Denmark, to keep you updated!

Kirsten

Hospitals here in USA are like really bad hotels

Kiersten, I would rather have a hospital stay in your country.

I am sorry to say, that most hospitals here are hoping for "drive-by" surgeries and proceedures. They are in the business to make money now and care is secondary. I have nothing against doctors and nurses but I do have a big problem with the management of the hospitals and the insurance companies that really run the business.

I hope that your privacy will be the biggest problem while you are there, since, in the scheme of things, will be over with as soon as you leave your hospital and go home. Hang in there. No one likes to share their private moments with complete strangers. Just remember that everyone is in the same boat, for the most part.

When are you to be admitted? Keep us posted, as we are all concerned about you and your health.

Here's to positive thoughts and lots of prayers coming your way.

Sas

I am sorry to say, that most hospitals here are hoping for "drive-by" surgeries and proceedures. They are in the business to make money now and care is secondary. I have nothing against doctors and nurses but I do have a big problem with the management of the hospitals and the insurance companies that really run the business.
    Well, it's not like that here, but our health system turns more and more into a two-class system. There have severe changes been made, and not for a turn to the better for those who have only the "normal" health insurance coverage. More and more things you have to pay on your own, and don't think the health insurance itself is for free! They're getting almost 15% of my income!!

I hope that your privacy will be the biggest problem while you are there, since, in the scheme of things, will be over with as soon as you leave your hospital and go home.
    Well, that's true. When it really turns out I have cancer, this will be a problem that lasts for the rest of my life.

When are you to be admitted?
    I wish I'd know!! I have an appointment with the doctors in hospital tomorrow at 2pm, and my gyno said the surgery was scheduled for Tuesday, but I do not know whether I'll be admitted tomorrow in the evening, or on early Tuesday. Would prefer to stay at home that night and spend it with my girls!

Kirsten

I just see your thread now Kirsten. I don't know what to say that other people have not said yet. You are in my thoughts too and I wish you all the best. And don't worry for Luna and Lily, time will fly for them and before they realize that several days have passed you will be back home.

The very best of luck to you with your appointment tomorrow, Kirsten. I will be watching out for news from Uniqueviking - it is kind of her to offer to keep us updated.

You concentrate on getting better, please!

11. Kirsten, I too will be thinking of you....

Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Yes, I too will be thinking of you and praying for you. You are going to come through this just fine and then looking forward to feeling so much better.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France