Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I?????

Just thinking out loud, and offering my thoughts....professional cleaning of carpets, IMO, will not remove the urine smell. Urine will have soaked through to the pad, and the cleaning just won't touch it. To OUR noses, maybe. To a cat's? Doubtful, at best.

I would imagine bringing in a kitty of any kind, and maybe a senior, especially, would be stressful to the kitty. Having carpet that might contain pee scents might be a lot for a kitty to overlook, initially. Puddy might pee on those spots just because she can't help it.

Just tossing it out there, for what it might be worth.

I think Max is sending you a reminder that you have a good heart and it is full of love!!! And that is why you are giving this sweet old girl a home!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Aw!!! Couldn't you just paint AROUND her?

happy dance happy dance!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went back again to look at her sweet face - she looks so adorable.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    The picture is a bit dark on my screen so I can't really tell her coloring; do I spot some tortiness? Good for you, Slick, in getting another one. One RB kids sure do know when the time is right, don't they?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I enlarged the pic and fell in love with that sweet face!

She is going to be one lucky girl!!!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Just thinking out loud, and offering my thoughts....professional cleaning of carpets, IMO, will not remove the urine smell. Urine will have soaked through to the pad, and the cleaning just won't touch it. To OUR noses, maybe. To a cat's? Doubtful, at best.

I would imagine bringing in a kitty of any kind, and maybe a senior, especially, would be stressful to the kitty. Having carpet that might contain pee scents might be a lot for a kitty to overlook, initially. Puddy might pee on those spots just because she can't help it.

Just tossing it out there, for what it might be worth.
    Thank Johanna, these were my thoughts as well. It's not signed, sealed and delivered yet. I still need to make a few trips over to the foster mom's place to see of Puddy likes me. I will be taking along a very good friend of mine, Barb, to meet Puddy as well. She has a very good instinct. I'm not making any decisions just yet. In the meantime, I continue to take steps to spruce up my condo as much as possible while I'm "petless".
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thanks for seeing I meant my advice from a loving point, with NO other thought behind it. It will all work out.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I still need to make a few trips over to the foster mom's place to see of Puddy likes me.
    Ok, foster homes are sometimes extremely nice places to live, but there is NOTHING like your very own furever home. Slick: "Hi, Puddy." Puddy: "Hi, Meowmy, when can you take me home?" Slick: "But Puddy, I need to know if you like me before I take you home." Puddy: "But meowmy, I want to go home with you NOW!"

Can't wait to hear the renos are done and Puddy is home!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Me and Mr Puddy want to watch a scary movie.

When Your New Arrival comes, the Found Cats want to send her a Cat Nip Mouse and Ball.
    Please PM us your address, we sadly have lost yours.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It will be at least a few weeks until I make a decision on this. If I decide to get the carpet replaced, then that will be in the summertime so sadly Puddy will have to stay content where she is right now. She gets lots of loving so that's a good thing.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I'm so happy that you have found Puddy and hopefully will be able to bring her home with you soon.
    If I were you, I wouldn't be able to wait so long to take her home. After my Samantha went to the Rainbow Bridge I scrubbed the bathroom and replaced the throw rug she spent most of her last weeks on but I never replaced the hall carpet that she had also had accidents on. We had cleaned plenty of spots on the hall carpet but Milly and Izzy never had any issues with it. So maybe you will just forget about replacing the carpet and get Puddy sooner.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I will not be taking dear Puddy, well, for now that is. Please see my other thread in Cat General.
    --unknown

--Polar Express