Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Temporary guest at the ploss cat house!!! UPDATE 2/24

Uh oh, I thought Puff kitty had "that" sir jury already. I was wrong! Fingers and paws crossed for Puff! It's 1:20 PM now so you may know something in a few hours. I'll check back for an update later.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It takes a very special person to do what you are doing Donna, but i know you are that person, they are two very lucky kitties, if only they could realise that, you are doing an awesome job, and i imagine there is much frustration,tears,but in the end joy and happiness at what you have achieved, i take my hat off to you girlfriend, you are AMAZING, wishing you all the best with both kitties, and bless you for what you do.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

P-Diddy is home!!! He's staggering a little, but ate like a pig and is doing great. I refused to allow him to be adopted before he was neutered. I don't trust people anymore when it comes to that.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

This is such a wonderful thing you are doing. I'm sure the kitties are thanking you just as much. Good thinking about not letting Puff getting adopted before he is neutered. Some people cannot be trusted with that responsibility. It'll just add more stray and shelter cats unfortunately.

RIP Sally

Moosmom, are the guest kitties still at your house? How are they doing? Could you please give all the kitties under your roof a pet or two from me

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

They're both doing great. Puff is neutered and no worse for wear. He's such a great cat!!! Little Miss Crabby @$$ on the other hand is still in a crate.

I consulted with a fellow rescuer who also works with ferals. Hercy told me she's probably been in the crate far too long, is depressed and her self esteem is low. Cats have the same kind of emotions that people do. I totally agree with her. She said that there are some ferals that just don't come around (like Freedom said). She told me that cats LIVE for food and I should use it as a motivator. Everytime I go into her crate, for whatever reason, be it scooping the box, changing water, etc., to give her a treat, deli meat, boiled chicken (which I used last night). Last night I went through a half a bag of kitten treats which she devoured. There was no hissing or swatting. So I think she may have something here!!!

She told me to give her another week or two and then let her out with my other cats and let her come out on her own terms. While I also agree, I know that once she's free in my place, I'll never be able to work with her one-on-one. My friend Nancy offered to let her run with her cats. I just can't be strapped with two more cats in my small place nor can I afford it.

If she was like Puff, I'd have no problem letting her out, because he will climb on my shoulder to be picked up if I crouch down next to him to pet him. I'm just so torn as to what to do.

Welcome to Ploss's Halfway House for Homeless Cats!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Maybe your friend could take her in. I bet she would be happier in a place with less cats. If your friend has as many as you, it still might be a good idea. I think that given the size of your place, Puffy is about all you can handle.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Puff will climb on my shoulder to be picked up if I crouch down next to him to pet him.
    Okay, I'll say it: I hope he goes from temporary guest to permanent resident But I agree with katladyd about Lucy, maybe a different setting for her.

Possible home for P-Diddy!!!!

I got an email last night from a couple who are looking for a companion for their 9 month old kitten!! A rescue organization down in Norwalk did the background check and according to them, it's a perfect home!!!

I am SOOOOO happy!!! Norwalk is a little far for me to travel. But if it means a furrever home for this little guy, then I'll make the trek to do a home visit. You didn't think I was just going to just let him go, did you???

What that means is, Lucy will now be able to come out of her crate and learn how to be a housecat like her brother did!!!

I am ECSTATIC!!!! I'll keep you posted!

What wonderful news! I hope this works out as well as it sounds it will.. P-Diddy gets his Purrfect Furrever Home, and Lucy becomes a lovely housecat!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh Donna i am so very happy to read this news, awesome, you are such a great person,bless you for all you do for those precious furbabies.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Sounds great, Donna! And he'll have a brother to keep him busy and everything!
    I've Been Frosted

Pictures!!!

Lucy has been out of her crate since Saturday and is doing GREAT!!!! She's learning to be a wonderful house cat and is not as skittish and cranky as she was when the crate was up.

It's evident by the change in her personality that she was depressed in that cage. She and her brother were sleeping on the foot of my bed last night AND...I approached her while she was laying on my bed and she let me pet her!!! It's going to take a while, but I now know that she's out and taking lessons from her "bro" that she'll come around, slowly but surely!!!

The home for P-Diddy fell through, as I figured it would. But that's okay, things happen for a reason.

THEY'RE NOT STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment 52849

Oh, Moosmom! They look wonderful! You're a miracle worker *kisses* for Puff and Lucy and *kisses* for All of Moosmom's Kitties!

Moos Mom, they are beautiful. Yes, things happen for a reason. That's how Bella found her forever home!

Keep the Faith. Now that Lucy is warming up to things, perhaps they'll both be adoptable together.

I kept Bob because he didn't do well with enclosures. I had to let him out of the pen.

I am hoping that your temporaries find excellent permanent quarters.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)