Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In the wrong place at the wrong time

Dear Adore... How is little Cassie doing? Hope the breathing is better and that her activity level is increasing, eating well, drinking etc. Please give the pug-pie a big kiss and hug. Always thinking of her.

Still thinking of Cassie too! Hope she is feeling more like her old self! Give her a kiss and a hug from me.

How is Cassie doing? Kisses from me and Daisy! I am going to be more careful with her around big dogs. Her best friend is a huge yellow lab named Sammy and she was also friends with Joey, a Bernese Mountain dog, now at the Rainbow Bridge. She thinks all big dogs are her friends like the others!

Thinking of you little Cassie. Hope you are up and about. Please let us know you are OK. We all do worry! Hugs precious pug muffin.

Hi everyone. Cassie is still breathing different and more loudly and congested then normal but she's maybe 80-85% healed I hope. I hear a choke out of her every now and then when she just gets too excited, but other then that she's doing OK. I took her to the dog park today...I was nervous and very over protective and watchful, but I wanted her to be able to get back out there where she can have fun. She normally used to absolutely LOVE the dog park and I don't want to keep that from her just because she's a short stuff...so we went. She's pretty afraid of the dogs now. She's deffinatelly been traumatized and her actions around the other dogs were much different. She pretty much stayed away from the other dogs and hung by me the whole time. I think she'll kick out of her fear and begin to play with the dog park doggies again, but for now she's not quite ready. She knows that she's vulnerable and she was in such bad pain and so afraid that it might take awhile to get her to have fun at the dog park again.

I hope my little short-stuff will forget about her accident and enjoy runnin' with the big dogs again. She's mamma's brave lil' girl.

By the way, it is 1 week ago from Sunday that Cassie was injured. I am calling the vet on Monday to see if it's normal for her to still be congested, snorting more and choking occationally. I am hoping that her injuries are not perminant. I will not take her to the dog park on Sunday, as that's the busiest day with the most dogs.

[This message has been edited by AdoreMyDogs (edited March 25, 2001).]

Thank you for the update on Cassie. Please let us know what the vet says.

I'm glad Cassie is up and around. You're right she'll probably nervous for a while. Keep us posted.

Thanks for keeping us posted on Cassie. Happy to hear she is some better - have fun in the park today!

Don't be too impatient for Cassie to get back to normal. Remember this hit her in her most vulnerable spot. My recollection may not be correct on this but she's not real young either, right?? It takes us *more mature* girls a little longer to recoup. Just give her the time she needs and I bet there is more recovery coming. Love to all of you.

How is the Cassie girl? I hope that since we haven't heard from you in a few days, that you two are busy, out and about, and that she is steadily improving. Please let us know how the sweet pug-pie is doing. Lots of kisses and hugs. Sandra, Cody and Star

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for asking about Cassie. I am pretty sure she's close to 100% now. She was great through the whole thing and I am proud of her. I have not been on the board much these past couple of days because my mother-in-law just passed away on Tuesday. She had been in a nursing home for a couple of months but she was very stable, her death was very quick and not very painful. She had a heart anurism (sp?). Her funeral's tomorrow. She was the best mother-in-law I could have asked for and she will be missed. The dogs have just not gotten much attention this week that's for sure. I think they understand though. Although I have not had time to walk the dogs I am beginning to think Cassie's breathing may be back to normal now. I sure hope so. I have been keeping such a close eye on her and listening so careful to her snorts to find any excess fluid. She's a bit more congested but I rarely notice it now. The healthy lil pugster.

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it. I'll give Cassie and Graham a kiss on their soft, sweet noses for you.

I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law. My sincerest condolences to you, your husband and family.

Leslie,
    I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law. Death is such a hard thing. I am so glad to hear that she didn't suffer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I certainly am glad that Cassie is doing much better. I know that warms your heart.

Please come to us if you need to "unload".
    Logan

My deepest sympathy goes out to you, your husband and family.
    Sue

So sorry, and Deepest Sympathy to you and your family.