Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prince Max-July 2, 1992-January 15, 2010

Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures. I feel blessed to have met him. I think it's amazing that you will open your heart again, when you are ready

Hugs to you, my friend

Slick,
    I know all too well the feeling of the empty house. The habits that develop with senior kitties, and prescriptions from the pharmacy still coming in. The silence of my house after Binx left me was so impossible to handle that I stayed with my mother for a week. I can still remember the little oily stain on my counter top from Tex's medication.

Frankly, I am not sure hearts ever heal from these types of losses. I know the pain diminishes somewhat (though at this very moment, it is hard to believe my own words) with time.

Like Gary said, sometimes I wonder if my cat herd is so that I can never feel the total silence that a passing brings. But, even with so many, I feel the loss deeply, I might just be fooling myself.

Be kind to yourself, in any way possible. The world needs you and your heart. There is much work still to be done.

Slick, I just saw this and want you to knwo that I am thinking about you and hope you realize that what you did was in his best interest.

You gave each other the best possible love and companionship.

Hugs and slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Dear Slick, now the thread is here that I dreaded to find for days and sweet Max has passed to Rainbow Bridge.
    ........ and I know that you my friend have the same feelings of a soft paw that you will never hear again making that snow-like impression on your carpet.
    I send you hugs- it gets more bearable with time in general- but he will never leave you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Slick, I am so very sorry that the day had come to send Max home. Words are meaningless. The combination of love, time and memories will repair the destruction of your heart. Max passed over with love, and our love for the both of you remains here.

Love,
    johanna
    I just came back from the wedding and this was the first thread I looked for. Major LES and my heart breaks for you, my friend. Your Max was my Nakita and I do know the struggles that you will now face. It's never easy playing God. BUT, to give relief from suffering is the best one can do - even though it means that our pain will begin.

As Jo said, words are meaningless but the support is great for you as you deal with his passing. Remember, even though the body is gone, the spirit remains. Nakita has made an appearance many times and she still remains with us.

Be gentle with yourself, take whatever time you need to grieve.

*hugs* *hugs* *hugs*
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I'm very sorry to hear this news. Max was a very special cat, and he will be missed. Rest in peace Max. {{HUGS}} to you.

I'm so sorry about Max. He was a handsome boy.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

RIP Max. You were such a handsome man. Run free and play hard at the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    When I got up this morning there were no food/water dishes to wash, no litterbox to clean, no "butt" to clean and no face to clean. Makes me very sad, but I remain hopeful that one day I will find a special senior kitty that needs my love.

I told my neighbour that my next kitty will be a senior and she said "would you go through all that again?" Didn't take the blink of an eye to reply "YES!"
    I bet Sir Max is already on the lookout for the perfect kitty for you too. I know he wouldn't want you to be sad. He loved you so very much too you know?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    When I got up this morning there were no food/water dishes to wash, no litterbox to clean, no "butt" to clean and no face to clean. Makes me very sad, but I remain hopeful that one day I will find a special senior kitty that needs my love.

I just have to get my passport and I'll pay my way up there...

I can clean my own butt and you can show me where my food is?

I can feed myself?

Hang tough.

Slick-

I'm so sorry to hear about Prince Max. I just read your post about him passing and how it went. I'm at work and I have tears in my eyes. Just reminds me of my Anika passing and it's so hard to deal with and it's been 1 year and 2 months now. It does get easier but you still miss them. I'm glad Max was able to go at home. My prays are with you during this hard time. If I can be of any help or anything just let me know.

Melissa

I'm just now catching up with this thread and I am so sorry to hear that your beloved Max has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
    I know how empty a house can feel when a cat is no longer there after so many years with you. I am sure that Max will help you find a new kitty to love like my Samantha helped me find my two girls.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I bet Sir Max is already on the lookout for the perfect kitty for you too. I know he wouldn't want you to be sad. He loved you so very much too you know?
    I know he his. Story to follow but for now I want to thank you all again for you heartfelt posts.

I was a long time volunteer for my local Humane Society and through that volunteer work I met a lovely lady named Dolores - we called her the kitten lady. She was the one who would always take in the kittens, rear them and let them go to furever homes. She lived so close to me that I could almost spit on to her balconey. Just before Christmas I heard that she passed away from bone cancer and her five cats are looking for their second furever homes. There is one cat by the name of "Max" and he is a MH red orangie boy - extremely friendly I'm told. Hmmmm, could this be a sign??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I would think dear friend, that Prince Max would not want you to wait one more day to give the same solid loving home to another kitty. Absolutely nothing - nothing - can ever replace Prince Max - but there are so many wonderful kitties still with us that need loving care and a good home.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could find homes for every single one of them. What a great world that would be - all of that love going around!

Everyone would respect your decision.

What Gini said.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Just one?

Maybe this Max has a kitty buddy there that he was really close to.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda