Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bowser ~ Called God and asked for a Ride up to the Rainbow Bridge on 5/24/2007

It is with heavy heart that I type these words. I now know I've been away from PT for too long, and am so sorry that it is the death of such a dear doggy friend that brings me back.

Phred, I am so very sorry.

Bowser, I am so glad I was able to meet you in person. You were a bit of trouble for New Dad when you first arrived, but I know he really didn't mind any of it and was just glad to be able to help. Yes, we all knew you weren't going anywhere - find you a new home, yeah right, why would you need a new home when you were now in the best home you could ever hope for? Be sure to remember to send a message home to da bus driver so he knows you arrived at RB safely. He and the rest of the clan are going to miss you so very much.

{{{hugs}}} to you, Phred, and you too Tonya. You have both lost a dear friend and like others here, I hope the pain is quickly replaced by warm memories.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

phred, i am so glad bowser knew such love. i am sorry you are knowing such loss now. kindest regards, joyce in columbus

I talked to Phred tonight and we shared a few tears, a few laughs, a few fond memories of Mr. Happy Fluffie Tail.

The "tail" of Bowser is one of friendship, compassion, kindness, and love.... for fellow humans, for our furry friends. I am so very thankful for "The Bus Driver" and his willingness to open his heart and home to an older guy down on his luck. {{hugs dear friend, many many hugs}}

I am also so very thankful for the many PTers who pitched in with the "Thank You, Phred" box. {{Thank you a million times over.}}
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Bowser, I hope by now you've been restored to the playful puppy I remember from my childhood. I'm so very glad that I got to see you (and your "New Dad") last fall. Here's to many "hunts" and "hikes" in the hills of Heaven. Please look for Sophie (she's probably in one of the many parsley patches), Tom and ButterScotch (remember them? they met you a few times); send them all a *slurp* for me.

I love you, lil' guy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Through teary eyes, I thank Phred, thank PT, and thank God once again for the out-pouring of love on a small, fluffy doggie with a waving tail and an endless smile.

I am still new (I've only been around a few months) but wanted to say how sorry I am that Bowser had to go to the bridge. I do not know the story of how you and Bowser became buddies, but it is so apparant that you loved each other tremendously.

Rest peacefully, sweet Bowser.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Good bye Bowser! You were a wonderful doggie and we will all miss you!

Hugs to you Phred and lots of kudos for making Bowser a loved member of your family.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm so sorry for your loss Phred.

Even with my yappity mouth, there are times that I can't express fully how deeply sad I am, for your loss Phred. Bless you forever for taking in such a deserving pup into your life and on to the Ranch. Although 2 years wasn't long enough, you gave the fluffy, smiling boy, a happy, exciting and loved life. Thank you for keeping him comfortable in your loving arms when his time came.

I don't even have to reread his arrival story, I remember it so clearly. I was in awe of you and the events you went through.

Have a safe trip to the Bridge, fuzzbucket. Thanks Staci for remembering my Cody as the official Bridge Watcher and Caretaker. I know already that he's taking special care of Bowser and watching over him while he plays and runs with all our babies.

Blessings on you, my "Toots" and Tonya. You done good.

I've been Boooo'd!

Phred,
    Please let me reach out across the miles and give you a HUGE hug.

It was with such a heavy heart that I opened this thread, because I knew I would be in tears reading your special tribute, a tribute only you could write.
    What a wonderful, wonderful thing you did taking Bowsie in, and giving him the most wonderful two senior years of his life.

Zippy - I am so sorry you lost your childhood pupper, but I know you were so glad that he found a beautiful home with Phred.

I am so sorry I never got to meet you Bowser, but I "met" you through your Dad's loving words, and act of kindness.

Play pain free at the Bridge darlin boy, the world seems a sadder place today without you in it.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you Phred.

Love
    Michelle
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

How heartbreaking.

Rest well, Bowser, I am so glad we got to meet before it was your time.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

So very sorry to read this. Have a wonderful time at The Bridge, dear Bowser.

Phred, it is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes I read this, I'm so very sorry Bowser had to go. I hope the pain you feel now, will be replaced with the fond memories you have.

I remember how you rescued Bowser and opened your heart for him. Thank you for giving him some wonderful years in his old age, I know he enjoyed his time with you.

Play hard at the RB, Bowser - you will be missed very much down here, but never forgotten.

Big (((((hugs)))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Phred,

I am SOOO sorry for your loss. Bowser had a wonderful home with 4 great pals, both furry and non-furry. He definitely knew he was loved.

RIP sweet Bowser. Play hard at the Bridge.

(((((HUGS)))) to you my dear Phred.

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am so sorry for your loss, but just be thankful that you were able to get to know him in the last two years. That is an honor.

You gave Bowser a tremendous "ride" the last two years. Remember you will see him someday.

I was shocked and saddened to see this thread. I never met Bowser, but felt like I knew him.

I'm so sorry.

I didn't even know Bowser wasn't doing too well. He sure was a fortunate pup to have you in his life for his last two years though. ((hugs))

Unhappy

THANKS, Pet Talkers ~ MANY, Many THANKS!!

You can't imagine how much this outpouring of Love and Affection -
    to me and the little Fluffie Mutt we called Bowser, has meant to me.

His passing hasn't really sunk in ...

* I got the Third Bowl ready for supper

* I called his name from the front porch a while ago when "only" Cinder & Smokey
    appeared after an outie ...

* I keep looking behind the 'puter chair before I "back up" - he usually lay
    right there were he'd be sure to get run over every time I moved the chair.

* Every time I look out the window - I'm sure I see that Fluffie White Tail *waving*

Hey Bowz ~~~ Gosh, I *MISS* You!

Dear God ~ PLEASE take Good Care of him for me.

/s/ Dad

Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 05-26-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy