Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Help Needed - Noah

Noah would need months of the spa from what she said in her orginial post, portions quoted below.
    Originally Posted by Kelly
    You all know my situation ... and I'm getting so close to being back on my feet - about 4 to 6 months away from actually getting my own place and getting my furballs back for good.

Assuming Noah qualifies for the "Monthly Rate" of $10.00 per Day ...
    He runs up a Spa Bill of $70.00 per week, or $310.00 per Month

Figure 5 months in the Spa ...
    that's $1,550.00 -
    a VERY Expensive way to bore the pants off the poor Cat!

How's about using the time in the Spa that's already donated to FIND a better place
    (read that as "cheaper place") to Stash da Kat.

Possibilities to investigate:

* A lil ole Lady neighbor ... offer her $2.00 a day to tidy his box and feed him
    ... + all the affection he can toss her way. You supply the Sand & Krunchies.

* A local rescue FOSTER Family ... same deal offer a couple bucks a day -
    ... what's one more in the herd?

* Local School Kid - OK it with Kid's Mom & Dad ... kid makes a couple bucks and
    ... has a Buddy to boot.

All assuming Noah da Kat can *behave himself* and not act like a Wild Child
    (or pee in the corners and shred the furniture.)

Or teach him to *bark* and tell you mom he's your new Cadog, since dogs are OK.

/s/ Phred

My impression is that the current Spa/Resort is just an emergency stop-gap until alternatives (like those you suggest Phred) can be found. David, charmer that he is, gave her NO notice and something had to be done in a hurry, Kelly - when you read this please correct me if I am mistaken.
    ~ at least I'm not...

Mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings about the cost v. the quality. I would say, yes, to encouraging Kelly to move Noah only if it would work for Noah and not incurr additional expenses (vet, repairs to furniture etc.) that he might incur if moved to yet another spot. I think the bottom line is going to be how long, not how much, but ultimately how much. So my vote is to offer to keep the fur butt where he is and happy (assuming he IS happy), and to keep him in a place that works for Kelly as well. If we take the total cost and divide it by the number of folks here, willing to kick in, each person will experience only a small amount (????) in the long run....... Make sense?

I am willing to take Kelly's lead on this one. She knows her cat, what is available etc.

Just my opinion, doesn't make me right!

P. S. For me, this expense falls in to the same category as did the air fare from where ever to here for those little furry brats several times fo at least three different cats......and quite a few months ago.....One just a few months ago.....Remember?. Seems a bit expensive, but hey, we did it.

I am impressed that so many of our own (Pet Talkers) have stepped up and helped. Like SAS, I hope this is right thing for Noah in the long run.

I can't help, financially, right now, as I have too many obligations close to home, but I do send my prayers for Kelly and Noah.

Logan

*tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears* *tears*

First, THANK YOU all soooo very, very much to all that have donated and/or have given me and my naughty Noah advice and love. You are all our angels.

Second, I'm calling Balcom Canyon first thing tomorrow AM because I've NEVER been told of a "monthly fee" or anything over the $8.00/day amount. Contrary, actually, its been $7/per day, per cat when you have more than one when they stay together. I've had $8.00/night in my head this entire time, so this comes as a HUGE surprise. I DON'T doubt you, Phred, you always seem to find the correct info. (((hugs)))

SAS is dead on here. Noah has....uhm...'behavior'...well, lets call his a "personality" or well a "fearful disorder" around everyone but myself and/or David. David, the jerk gave me a whole 3 hours to find something to do with the cat who tried to eat people (Laurie, you're correct too!). When I'm pretty darn sure he knew he was moving when he had his entire apartment packed up and only Noah and Micah were roaming the ickly place when I got there, poor babies!!

This Boarding/Spa trip is to be temporary assuming I can find a place for Noah. Its not like Noah is a normal cat, my others are in foster homes and "somewhat easy" to place...well, compared to Noah. There has been someone from PT that is offered to take Noah for me, she and her hubby live in Florida and I'm considering the very kind offer...I'm just concerned, like SAS suggested, that it may be too much for Noah. Where he's at is the ideal place for him. I'll post next the pictures I took of him today...he's HAPPY! He's calm, purring, eating...he's doing very well, thankfully. I wouldn't put him anywhere else, I wouldn't be able to sleep if this place wasn't as wonderful as it is.

To answer the question of how long I think he'll need to be there kind of depends on him. If I think he can take being fostered in Florida (on Clomicalm, of course), it may just be for maybe a month and a half while I get him used to the Clomicalm and test it out with a few friends. I need to be certain he can handle this before I get him out there. Then, there's the problem of how he gets out there. Unfortunately, CA and FL are practically THE furthest states apart! I'm willing to drive him myself, I'm not working yet and prefer to take him there so he can see that everythings OK.

OK, here's an update as of 3:30 p.m. They knew EXACTLY who I was talking about and the one girl didn't even batt an eye. She practically yelled, "$168.00" when I asked what the donations where at. You guys!!!! (thank you!!!)

XOXOXOXOXO
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kelly, I'm glad to hear that Noah is happy at the spa and hopefully you'll be able to find a place for him locally. If he does go to Florida I hope that eveything will go well. When I called I asked how much it was per day and I was told $12. After he's been there for a month I think it then becomes $10 per day. Good luck.

Noah @ the "Spa" Pictures...

First...Noah's Condo...

(Notice all the towels I put up so that he wont see ANYONE coming around him...no other kitties or hoomans - well only the ones that open his door to take care of him - He only wants to gaze out HIS windows at the birds, bugs and trees and lay in his sun spots!)

Noah peeking out when I first got there..."Is that MY meowmee???"
    It is!!!!!

Noah requested the Suite DIRECTLY accross from the A/C...he has all that long hair, you know....

"Hi Pet Talk!!! Thanks for helping me get to stay here at the Spa!!!"

...More in next Post...

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    When I called I asked how much it was per day and I was told $12. After he's been there for a month I think it then becomes $10 per day.
    WHOA!!!! I've boarded there MANY times and its ALWAYS been $7 or $8!!! I'd better clear this up QUICK!!!! Thank you so much for telling me this. I guess I just assumed, I don't usually assume ANYTHING, I guess I was just so upset at my lack of time to do anything that I never asked.

I'll let you know what I find tomorrow guys. Thank you Tracey!!

More...Noah @ the "Spa" Pictures...

*these were taken with my phone's camera, so I'm sorry they aren't so great*

He came out and something got his attention, you know, becides his doting mommy...

And then got LOTS of head skritties and bumpies...

Then I gave him some CatNip and some Temptations...

...Even more in next Post...

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    [color=blue]
    * A lil ole Lady neighbor ... offer her $2.00 a day to tidy his box and feed him
    ... + all the affection he can toss her way. You supply the Sand & Krunchies.

* A local rescue FOSTER Family ... same deal offer a couple bucks a day -
    ... what's one more in the herd?

* Local School Kid - OK it with Kid's Mom & Dad ... kid makes a couple bucks and
    All assuming Noah da Kat can *behave himself* and not act like a Wild Child
    (or pee in the corners and shred the furniture.)

Or teach him to *bark* and tell you mom he's your new Cadog, since dogs are OK.

/s/ Phred
    Sorry - Phred but I know and love NO_ NO dearly (have met him) and he would shred a neighbor kid and the little old lady down the street. The risk to them and to him is too great for Kelly to consider that and she knows it. And she also knows I am not saying anything that isn't true.
    And FYI - the 'dog' has been post-poned indefinately but that is neither here nor there.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Last Pictures of Noah @ the "Spa"...

After his "NipFest" and his Feast of WAY too many Temptations, he decided to head partially back into his cave...

We just sat and talked...and made lovey eyes at each other. He's such a lover boy.

I made him another place to hang out when no one is watching...

OK, that's all for now. That camera phone takes "OK" pictures...I'll take my digital camera there next time for some better pictures and some of the GORGEOUS grounds. Hey, maybe they'll let ME live there too???

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom
    Sorry - Phred but I know and love NO_ NO dearly (have met him) and he would shred a neighbor kid and the little old lady down the street. The risk to them and to him is too great for Kelly to consider that and she knows it. And she also knows I am not saying anything that isn't true.
    And FYI - the 'dog' has been post-poned indefinately but that is neither here nor there.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - or - ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has never been a truer statement on PT. I'm sorry No No for laughing at your expense, but sometimes, darn it, you bring it on yourself, sweetie!!!! (Staci, Tonya, Gini, Karen, & Tracey have witnessed this first hand...."lucky them")

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - or - ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has never been a truer statement on PT. I'm sorry No No for laughing at your expense, but sometimes, darn it, you bring it on yourself, sweetie!!!! (Staci, Tonya, Gini, Karen, & Tracey have witnessed this first hand...."lucky them")
    It's ok No-No- we understand that "your SPECIAL"...

Thanks for posting these pictures of Noah. He sure looks great. Yes, I remember when I stayed at your apartment. Noah would act like he wanted me to pet him but when I would get close, he'd hiss at me. I was afraid to touch him. I think that his large size also intimidates people.

Here are a few pictures of him that I took in July 2004.

He sure is a gorgeous fluffy orange boy.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Thanks for posting these pictures of Noah. He sure looks great. Yes, I remember when I stayed at your apartment. Noah would act like he wanted me to pet him but when I would get close, he'd hiss at me. I was afraid to touch him. I think that his large size also intimidates people.
    and his bear-like nails!! Kloe has the same ones.....

He did the same thing to me Tracey-
    The first nite I stayed with Kelly -I was asleep and woke up with him pressed to my back - I reached back and felt him and froze and just curled right back up with my limbs curled inward!!
    here are a couple pics I have of NO-NO

(with my favorite thing in the bag behind him!