Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A request to parents

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I always liked the on post rules regarding stereos in cars.

If the MP can hear it with the windows in their cruiser closed, it's too loud and subject to confiscation.
    There's supposed to be a 'law' here that says if you can hear a radio clearly at 50 ft then it's in violation of the noise ordinance. The problem is it's never enforced. And it's impossible to call the police if they're just driving up and down your street since they most likely won't be there when/if the cops do show up. The only time it works if it's at home during a party or something when it's a sustained noise. Last time I called the cops on the neighbors for the volume of the radio the dispatcher asked me to turn MY radio down so she could hear me. I explained that it wasn't MY radio, it was the neighbors. They dispatched a cop immediately and the cop was shouting at them from the moment he got out of his car but they couldn't hear him. Finally when he was within 8 feet of the homeowner they could finally hear him and only turned the music down at that time because they couldn't hear him talking!!

I wish they would enforce that, and I like the idea of confiscating the stereo! lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Since I live in a rural area, it's pretty hard to get cops involved in anything short of a murder.

There are several motorcyclists that use this road as a drag strip. They ride these "souped up" crotch rockets at a good 100 mph (I'm not exaggerating!) up and down the road. This has been going on for quite some time, and I truly don't see how that someone hasn't been killed yet. Unfortunately when (not if) it does happen, it will be an innocent party that was in the wrong place at the wrong time! No way to get a tag number to turn them in, as they are literally a blur going by, and no way to follow them to see where they live because of their excessive speed. They might not even be from this area.

People have complained to the police, but they can't do much, since by the time they got out here (a good half hour drive to the nearest state police barracks), there's nothing to investigate. Do a stake-out??? - too busy attending to a sure thing.

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Since I live in a rural area, it's pretty hard to get cops involved in anything short of a murder.

There are several motorcyclists that use this road as a drag strip. They ride these "souped up" crotch rockets at a good 100 mph (I'm not exaggerating!) up and down the road. This has been going on for quite some time, and I truly don't see how that someone hasn't been killed yet.
    get a few people with pickup trucks, on call if possible, and when they start, block one end of the road and close in on them from the other end. Dial 911 from a cell phone and wait.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Counting my lucky stars

Oh my. I have lots of neighbors including those with children, and thank goodness we never hear a peep out of anyone. There is one dog that will bark when he hears human voices close by. Every now and then I will hear a cow making a gawd awful noise when they take her calf from her ..... but that is about it. I have heard construction noises lately but oh well.

I do live in the country but managed to luck out with the neighborhood.

I don't understand why people have to annoy each other. I played outside as a child and had lots of fun. No neighbor ever complained because we were in bed at some early hour in the summer....like 7 or 8. How much noise do you need to make if you are playing on a swing or playing games? I think some parents forget to teach their children to be considerate of others. If the shoe fits...... It is not necessary to scream at the top of your lungs except when there is an emergency. Really. I learned that at quite a young age. It is not a difficult thing to teach or learn. Will it happen sometimes, surely, but it could and should be the exception.

I have a close friend who has a day care. When the kids are outside, you hear noise, but pleasant, fun, loud noises....not screeching. It can be controlled, but someone has to want to control the level. My friend will not allow screaming like a banchee at her day care.