Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Creamsicle has a lump; It isn't cancer!; Update: 12/2; #71

Mary I'm so glad to hear that this was nothing to worry about

Melissa

I wanted her to sleep w/me last night; that's SOP for kitties who are sick or just had surgery. She is such a creature of habit; she kept going to the basement door b/c she's used to sleeping in the basement w/the rest of the Posse. I didn't give in, though, b/c if I were to find diarrhea or vomiting, I wouldn't know if it was from her or one of the others. Wow, did she have a restless night, not b/c she was sick but b/c she wanted to be downstairs. I'll let her go there tonight, that's for sure.

I'm still waiting for Dr. Lee's call. I think they said he had surgery first thing this morning so it may be a while before I hear from him. One of the other vets did tell me that Cgirl has gingivitis; not good but not tragic either. I'll feel better after talking to Dr. Lee; I always do.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yay!! I'm so glad "it's naht a toomah". Be good, CGirl.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    yay!! I'm so glad "it's naht a toomah". Be good, cgirl.
    lol
    Blessings,
    Mary

Just spoke to Dr. Lee. He said that Cgirl's blood work is excellent. Good news there. He also said that I could keep her on the Medrol in low doses for her allergies. Originally the other vet told me "no steroids" while she's healing b/c it slows the healing process but Dr. Lee feels that we don't need Cgirl to be itchy and then start scratching and opening the incision. I was hoping that my cat sitter wouldn't have to medicate her b/c she's so spastic, very difficult to pick up but my cat sitter is a registered vet tech so she can handle it. Dr. Lee said that he doubts this will recur and that she'll be just fine. I'm just so relieved.

Thanx again for all the prayers and good thoughts and wishes. You have no idea how they helped.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Such good news - I'm glad! I agree with Dr. Lee, she might start scratching and opening the incision, unless she gets something for the itches.

Great you have vet tech for cat-sitter!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Very Good News about CS.. Get well soon wittle precious lady.. Huggss & More Prayers being sent..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Awesome news!!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Great news Mary. You really do deserve a break. Hoping that Cgirl is none the worse for wear, and that she'll soon forget her traumatizing experience and be back to her old normal self.

You can breathe now Mary............

That is GREAT!!!! Glad all the news is good...It's over and done and now you can rest.. or at least catch a breath..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Creamy had her sutures removed today and she wasn't a little Tazmanian Devil like she was last time. She healed nicely and didn't need to wear a collar at all b/c she left it alone, although it was rather difficult for her to reach, especially being as plump as she is. LOL I think she was scared to put up a fuss b/c Boo "disappeared" and then shortly thereafter I left for 8 days to visit my son. She was so happy to see me when I came home that she actually gagged from meowing so much, poor little girl.

My furnace went out while I was in L.A. and fortunately the weather wasn't too bad during that time but she was still cold. She always sits right on top of the heat vent but my cat sitter said that she was hiding in a box in the basement, not one of the cat condos but a box that I store my holiday decorations in, silly thing.

Dr. Lee said to brush her teeth every day and not just 2-3 times a week as suggested earlier. She really has bad periodontal disease. That should be fun.

Anyhow, thanx for thinking of my little Cgirl. We appreciate it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Yay, Cgirl! Gentle (((HUGS))) to you.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That sounds like good news!

She would let you brush her teeth? I tried that with my girls, but no way... lol

Continue to get better C-girl! We're all behind you!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm glad to hear that she had her sutures removed and has healed up well. Hopefully she'll get used to you brushing her teeth. I do it once a week to all of my cats. They don't like it but they're getting used to it. My kittens actually love the taste of the toothpaste so they begged me to brush their teeth so I'm starting them out at a young age. Good luck.