Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tell us something about you!

-I love to play video games but i am so picky that I don't own many.
    -They only sport I liked was Tae-Kwon-Do i went for a week then stoped becasue i wasn't in shape but i want to go back someday
    -I have no idea what i want to do after high school and I am in 12th grade
    -I couldn't live without a least 2 cats and 2 bettas.
    -My favorite video game is Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Heart 2.Also Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories
    -I love PT
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

2. Quote Originally Posted by K9karen
    I can't do the 9x table at all.
    Karen...did anyone every show you a hand trick for your 9x tables?

Hold your hands out, palms down. Starting from the left...count off how many times 9 you need. For example...3 X 9...count to the third finger. Put that finger down....look at your hands and there will be two fingers..space seven fingers....27. Four times 9....count to the fourth finger, curl it under and you have 3 fingers...space... 6 fingers ....36!

My stepson taught me this!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary

Hold your hands out, palms down. Starting from the left...count off how many times 9 you need. For example...3 X 9...count to the third finger. Put that finger down....look at your hands and there will be two fingers..space seven fingers....27. Four times 9....count to the fourth finger, curl it under and you have 3 fingers...space... 6 fingers ....36!

When I was in school, they taught us that you label down 1-9 starting at 2, then label up 0-9,0 starting at 10. I know that's a horrid explanation so...

0x9 = . 0
    1x9 = . 9
    2x9 = 1 8
    3x9 = 2 7
    4x9 = 3 6
    5x9 = 4 5
    6x9 = 5 4
    7x9 = 6 3
    8x9 = 7 2
    9x9 = 8 1
    9x10= 9 0

Not as quick as the hand trick but it helps you memorize them!

Ok thought of some more

- I love to wear jewlery, but I hate earings.

- I love to wear jackets/ sweaters and wear them not matter the temperature.

- I am hooked on all sorts of forums. I am part of many, including PT (well duh! that one's obvious)

- I am pretty shy when it comes to meeting someone face-to-face, but on the internet, I'm not shy at all!

- I love taking pictures, but hate to be in them.

- I was a big time tomboy when I was growing up. Never played with dolls, instead played with beanie babies. Constantly got dirty or hurt playing with my brothers.

That's all for now. I'll try to think of more later.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen
    Most people are dyslexic with words, reading backwards or transposing letters. I transpose numbers. I can't balance a check book without a calculator. I add instead of subtract and visa versa. I have to be extra careful. I can't do the 9x table at all. I have no clue why. Somethings doesn't click. Been this way all my life, had tutors and summer school. Thankfully I was never called stupid or dumb. My folks helped me, knowing something was wrong but back in the day, there wasn't a name for it. Having my wires crossed really messed up my SAT score.
    Well, I'm not quite that bad, but I do mix up or read numbers backwards a lot without realizing it.

Niño & Eliza

I decided to add a few more as they came into my head.

- I have a hard time showing my emotion when I know people are expecting it... such as opening presents. No matter how happy I am, I can't manage to jump up and down and act so excited like others do.
    - To me, the best thing to do at night is to go into the part of the woods you don't know (with friends, of course) with only a flashlight. Getting lost. And finding places you'll never think you'll find again.
    - I procrastinate... alot.
    - People in the neighborhood think I'm crazy. They've told me.
    - I'm mad at Arkansas because while living here, I can't own a piranha.
    - In pre-school, people used to poke fun at me by calling me a chinese kid because I had slanty eyes. I have no oriental-like genes in me.
    - Alot of people think my father is my grandfather.
    - I have my grandmum's nose.
    EDIT// As in I inherrited it, and my nose is such as hers... I didn't mean that I kept her nose in a jar or something.. that would be rather creepy. x__x
    - People mistake me as a college student in real life.
    - I'm pretty rad when it comes to bowling.
    - I'm not good at math.. or english... or science... or.. any other school subject except art and band^^.
    - I hate lunch time at school.
    - I like going to funerals of people whom I don't know. Its interesting to talk to the family to hear nothing but good things about that person who died.
    - I feel that if I don't make my dad so happy that he cries, that I didn't make him happy enough.
    - If I would have been born a male, my name would be Cory Michael instead of Courtney Michelle.
    - It amuses me when people say they "like all music except country" or "all music except rap". People limit themselves too much these days.
    - I like all music genres.
    - More of my friends are guys than girls.
    - When I was young, my teachers told my parents that they think I had ADD(or ADHD?). My mum refused to believe it then, but now she keeps telling me she thinks I have it. ^__^

I should really stop there.

I procrastinate too! And, I'm often late for work, etc, even though I have plenty of time to get ready. Does anyone else do this? I'm wondering why I do it to myself because I hate being late and what it does to me. So, why do I do it and how can I break the habit?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Ahh!!! How COOL is that!??! I never knew that!
    (yes... I'm sitting here at work doing it)

*I never took any math class beyond General Math (and still managed to graduate high school)
    *I have a reading comprehension problem.
    (If I read something I won't remember what I read after a few minuets)
    *I am a horrible speller and would like a spell check button implanted in my brain
    *I've never met my husband’s grandfather and he hasn't seen him in over 15 years and he lives only 20 minuets from us.
    *The thing that kept me from taking my own life a year ago was not knowing what would happen to Buddy. (PTS, shelter, rescue...) Because he and my husband still hate each other.
    *My mother in law had my husband when she was 16, then got pregnant again 1 month later, then they had another baby 13 years later.
    (So my husband is 30 and I have a brother in law that is 29 and another that is 17)
    *I was smacked in the face by my father in law (before he was my father in law) one night during a fight when he was drunk, he kept threathing to kill my husband and I was trying to hide him in the basement.
    *My husband is a recovering alcoholic and when he was drinking he always had an out of control temper and became verbally abusive during his drunken rages. (JUST like his father!)
    *I would love to be a wedding planner
    *Nothing burns my a$$ more than "Designer Breeds"
    *I would love to move to Alaska.
    *My drink of choice at Starbucks is an extra tall, non fat, Carmel Latte.
    *I used to have a lot of friends, but only have 1 now that I can really count on.
    *When I was planning my wedding my friend appointed herself as my maid of honor and I never stood up for myself and told her that I didn't want her to be. Then she didn't even ask me to be hers for her wedding.
    *I have been a bridesmaid 7 times.

Alright... that's enough!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

OK, I tried to do this and got lost....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli
    - I have my grandmum's nose.
    EDIT// As in I inherrited it, and my nose is such as hers... I didn't mean that I kept her nose in a jar or something.. that would be rather creepy. x__x
    ROTFL!!!!!!! Oh man...that was hilarious.

I hate lunch time too

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    I procrastinate too! And, I'm often late for work, etc, even though I have plenty of time to get ready. Does anyone else do this? I'm wondering why I do it to myself because I hate being late and what it does to me. So, why do I do it and how can I break the habit?
    Oh Val, that is so me. I get angry with myself every day as I am driving to work 10 minutes late wondering why I do this to myself, and grumbling at people for the first five minutes that I am at work until I can get into the swing of things. I am 5-10 mintues late to everything and hate the fact that I am.

Wow, I have never seen that! I always had to make the horrible table in school. I'm sitting here at work trying every number x 9!

For some reason I can't caluclate in my head at all. I use my fingers all the time, and for more advanced math I need a calculator. I understand, and can memorize, formulas and how things work, but numbers in my head become a big jumble.

The sad part about not being able to calculate mentally is that I'm an analyst for a living.. so I always have a calculator or note pad if a work question might have a remote chance of being asked.

13. Quote Originally Posted by slick
    OK, I tried to do this and got lost....
    You need to use BOTH hands Slick....

- My name is Sydney
    - I am a Christian
    - I do not eat read meat
    - I think Mcdonalds is the nastiest thing on earth
    - I'd prefer the company of a dog, than anything else on this planet, anyday
    - Ive been in a serious relationship for 3 years, and we now live together
    - I try to live life to its fullest
    - i played the Clarinet when i was younger
    - I spend $75-$100 to get my hair done, every month
    - I am a University of Utah Football fan
    - I hate living in Arizona
    - I play with my hair when im nervous
    - I will not use a public restroom, unless i absolutly have too
    here are a few more

- I have Sleep paralysis
    - I LOVE roller coasters
    - Im the type of person that drives with their radio ridiculously loud, with the windows open
    - I see the glass half full
    - Im Caustrophobic
    - I have lived in California, Arizona and Georgia
    - Im a cruise addict (going on another this summer )
    - Im terrified of spiders
    - My first childhood dog was a Cocker Spaniel
    - I want to go sky diving
    - I love to draw, but am NO good at it
    - Im starbucks addict
    - I LOVE to Jetskii!!
    - I dont want children and dont plan on having any
    - I have 2 siblings
    - I would love to have horses
    Last edited by Danegirl2208; 11-10-2006 at 07:20 PM.

It's interesting that dyslexia came up because I'm right/left dyslexic and have met quite a few people who have the same problem. When giving directions, I used to tell people to look at my hand and not listen to what I'm saying My right hand will be out as I describe which way to turn, and it's correct, but my mouth is saying "left". Now I've accepted the problem and glance down at my hands before I say the direction.