Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Big, big, BIG prayers needed for Allie- UPDATE on #148

Gosh I didn't know cats could be as bad as dogs, for some reason I always thought they didn't really get sick. I've never owned a cat, guess that shows. I hope Allie pulls through with flying colours, I like the idea of changing the vacation plans, you'll feel better if you see how she's getting along. Keeping fingers crossed for both of you .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Sending out healing vibes to Allie, and {{{HUGS}}} to you and Jonah.

Think positive!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    We have elected to both delay and shorten our vacation. We will leave on Wednesday, and stay through Saturday. So, our first day leaving will be day 14 post surgery, rather than day 10. I just feel better about that.

Sounds like a excellent idea. When does Allie get to come home?
    I hope she shows steady improvement day after day. Prayers that all
    goes well.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Everyone. First off, thank you all for your loving thoughts and prayers. I don't post everytime someone does, but I do read them and am touched by them all the same.

I visited Allie at 8 am this morning and was pleasantly surprised at her alertness. When the vet called in the afternoon, she even said something about how alert Allie was, considering. The feeding tube is back in, and tolerated well. They offered food at 12 noon and she showed no interest. The vet wasn't overly concerned with this. Said it was common, the feeding tube takes the edge off, Allie is at a clinic, etc.

I came back at noon with snacks, food and her own bowl. I even placed some toys in there. I was so hopeful I could get her to eat from my hand. Nope. She seemed much less responsive at noon. I haven't called back yet to confirm her 'mood'. Tomorrow am, I intend to go in loaded with treats- liver and cooked chicken. I am really hoping she eats. If not, she comes home with a feeding tube.

As to her discharge, I don't know yet when that will be. I am kind of hoping Saturday. I am in the process of breaking down J's room for her confinement of two weeks. As Minnie lives under MY bed, I can't use my room. I want to be prepared for her arrival. I need to arrange the calendar for next week. Thankfully, working at home IS an okay, temporary, option.

Thanks again for the well wishes. I really am thankful for you all.

Johanna, Jonah and Allie

Sounds like everything is coming together. Better and better......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Come on Allie, we all want you to wake up STARVING today! You can do it.

I hope she'll eat some food for you today. She remains in my thoughts and prayers.

C'mon Allie, eat! You are going to be getting really good treats, the kind you only get if you are very, very, good. Enjoy them and all the attention you will be getting. Prayers are still being said, of course.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

C'mon Allie, we're all rooting for you to be a hungry little girl!!

Eat up and come home feeling better!

Allie didn't eat any of the goodies. I brought her fave snacks, liver, chicken and fish- all refused. She seemed much worse today than yesterday am. I am still waiting on the doctor to call- its after 2 oclock here! I called at noon to make sure she was still in the clinic.

If its possible, I would like to bring her home today and see if being at home would make her eat. I am really feeling down, and have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Ten minutes later:

I couldn't handle it, and I called- again. Allie made the executive decision that the nasal tube needed to be removed. They are now seeing if, without that irritant, she will eat. They also took off the e-collar. I am betting that she won't eat. I can bring her home after 5. But, I have some re-configuring still to do. So, I will leave here shortly, fix things up, collect J and go get her.

Please pray that Allie will eat at home!!! <sigh>

Dearest Allie, prayers for you that you will eat when you get back home.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers that Allie eats once she is home with you - she is likely pretty scared.

HUGS to you and Allie.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Will they let her go home before she poops?

When people have surgery on their intestines, normally they have to at least pass gas before going home - to make sure everything is truly open down there.

Grace,
    It is likely that Allie hadn't eaten in 2 weeks before surgery. She hasn't had food since surgery. It might be some time before my girl poops, and not eating at all only delays it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Grace,
    It is likely that Allie hadn't eaten in 2 weeks before surgery. She hasn't had food since surgery. It might be some time before my girl poops, and not eating at all only delays it.
    I didn't realize it had been so long since she ate. Did they give her an tube feedings at all before she removed the tube?

That reminds me of a patient from long ago. He had an ET (endotracheal tube) to help him breathe. He pulled it out all by himself, and did better once it was out. It's called a therapeutic extubation.