Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I wish I could, trust me. But she's all the way over in Delaware!!!
    Cindy - I am totally blown away by the generosity of your friend Brandi. I wish I knew where in Delaware she lives - I would personally visit her and give her the biggest hug anyone could imagine. What a wonderful person she is to do this.

Laura - your part in this is amazing also - to take time out to go see Jonny - or at least go to the clinic to deliver all the well wishes in person. Amazing!

I don't believe that I've ever seen such a response as this, in the time that I have been a PT member. I am so proud to be part of this community of wonderful, caring and compassionate people. As promised, I will also make a donation when I receive my August check.

We're all pulling for you Jonny. Get better soon, and know that people from all over the world are in your corner and praying for a full recovery. Gentle {{{hugs}}} from the crew here in Delaware.........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hey Kev and Jason,

This is absolutely amazing! People from around the world have responded. Every time I turn on the computer, there is another post. It brings tears to my eyes, along with a huge smile on my face. I will be sending in some more money today as I got paid. I cannot wait for JW to get home. I am keeping copies of all of the responses, and making up a scrapbook for keepsake. The cards are so cute. To all PT'rs, Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center Staff, WE LOVE YOU!!!

Kelly

Prayers and loving good wishes for Jonny Walker. It is so nice to read of all the love and care and assistance being sent to him.

What kind of people are these who have brought up their CHILDREN to do things like that to a sweet, friendly, helpless animal?

I just lit a candle for this dear doggie: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11246062
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I do believe they have raised all of the money needed for the down payment of $2500!!!
    I happen to know this because my friend (as I stated earlier, the one who has the cat, G, that I watched) donated the remaining amount when she got through tonight. She is awesome!!!

Cindy,

I'm just seeing this now. That is so great! I'm sure the donations will keep pouring in but getting to this point was SO critical for Jonny! MANY MANY THANKS to you and your friend!

I posted this on my Facebook account; and also the Bichon Forum and the Prius Chat Forum. I know several folks said they would donate.

Including one Bichon Owner from Singapore!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I posted this on my Facebook account; and also the Bichon Forum and the Prius Chat Forum. I know several folks said they would donate.

Including one Bichon Owner from Singapore!
    It's good to see the best in people after we had to hear of the worst in people.

When this thread first started I shed tears of anger, sorrow and disgust at what happened. And now I am shedding tears of joy at how so many people from all over the world came together and pulled through to help this wonderful dog.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

More thoughts and prayers going out for Jonny today. Bless him and all the people that are praying for him and helping him. He is such a sweetheart of a boy. His Facebook picture is so pitiful. When is his actual surgery? Does anyone know?

I can not wish for anything more than I am wishing that justice is done here. I look forward to these hateful kids being punished and their parents punished as well. No one should be able to get away with something like this. That poor little doggie had no idea why anybody did this to him. Blast those kids and their families where it hurts!!! I hope they pay dearly. The oldest boy needs to be locked up before he does this again and again. Next on his agenda are people. Get him now!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

This statement from the facebook page really gives me hope that JW will
    be cared for and protected from abuse for the rest of his life. He deserves
    (as all dogs do) a loving and caring home of his very own.

"Johnny Walker has a good home arranged for him after his recovery from surgery at our hospital. He will become an inside dog, and, there is no doubt, be spoiled rotten. We’ll keep you posted on his progress."

Best of luck with the surgery today Jonny Walker.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    More thoughts and prayers going out for Jonny today. Bless him and all the people that are praying for him and helping him. He is such a sweetheart of a boy. His Facebook picture is so pitiful. When is his actual surgery? Does anyone know?

I can not wish for anything more than I am wishing that justice is done here. I look forward to these hateful kids being punished and their parents punished as well. No one should be able to get away with something like this. That poor little doggie had no idea why anybody did this to him. Blast those kids and their families where it hurts!!! I hope they pay dearly. The oldest boy needs to be locked up before he does this again and again. Next on his agenda are people. Get him now!!!
    I'm right with you on this Terry. I hope the kid/kids and family have to be financially responsible for all of Jonny's expenses, and that the child receives the most severe punishment that is allowed by law. I hope that the knowledge of what a hated individual he is, by people around the world, haunts him for the rest of his days on Earth. No - this is not a forgiving or Christian-like attitude - but this individual is not deserving of any forgiveness for this despicable act of cruelty that he imposed upon this sweet and innocent dog. Someone so young to commit such an act, is surely destined to go on to more of the same, and worse. He needs to be stopped now! What's next??? - an innocent neighborhood child????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

12 noon Eastern time - Surgery began at 11:45 am

Surgery has begun at about 11:45 am Eastern time on Thursday.

It's expected to take from 4 to 6 hours =

We probably won't hear anything till after the Familys are notified of the prorgress
    and results at dinner time.

Hurry up & wait ... but send some Prayers.

Prayers still going out for Johnny.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Thanks Phred. I have not received a call from Trish yet. This is why. If she doesn't call today I will try her tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers coming from Florida by the truckload. I'm telling everyone I know about this little fella. God help him. Please let the surgery be a total success. Bless the staff at the center.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Keeping you in and your family in my thoughts and prayers, precious Jonny Walker! Can't wait to hear you're out of surgery and resting comfortably!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I just got a call from Trish. He's in surgery now. Aren't they just the nicest folks? Here is their website:

http://www.lavrc.com/