Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Aw, how cute! I love the profile and foot shots! I really don't dig the facial shots much, they are a little too skeletal still for me. Your belly is very cute, I remember when mine was the same way and then BLAMMO, I looked pregnant. It's neat to see how differently every woman develops.

And, I absolutely love feeling my girl move! Just wait til you get bigger and can actually see how seriously lopsided you get, haha. Our little lady favors my right side, definitely. It is the neatest thing in the world to see your tummy jump and twitch, and to feel her move around. It was cool to see her move on the sonogram and feel it at the same time. For me, it's nice to know that I'm never alone, that I always have company. I know I am going to miss being pregnant.

I'm not too terribly worried about the gestational diabetes, we'll just do what we have to do to manage it. The only thing that bugs me is that I found out so late, and have to wait a week to learn more about what I need to do. For now, I'm just watching my carbs, sugar and other. I have read that if you are going to have carbs, get as much fiber as you can out of them. So, I have cereal that I found where half the carbs are fiber (14g of fiber per serving, yikes!), and my favorite tortillas are carb balance, and there are 11g of fiber in them, and only 14g of carbs...those numbers aren't exact, I'm going off memory, but they're pretty accurate. I also need to ask about sugar alcohols and stuff like sucralose. From what I read, they're all pregnancy safe and don't affect blood sugar.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Great videos...

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Aww Jordan, Nice pictures. It so exciting to see them!
    Is anyone here getting a 3 or 4D ultrasound?
    I think I will get one next month!!!!

KARI, I feel that baby girl likes one side over another too.
    She seems to be more toward my right side too.
    One morning I swear I felt lopsided! When I got up, it evened out.

OK, here are some of my belly shots:
    At 8 weeks and 28 weeks....

8 weeks:

28 weeks:

Yay, Carmen! We're pregnant! I need to post a recent photo. My belly is pink right now, I've been out in the sun since Saturday morning. It's been awesome!

We had our first baby shower. It was a lot of fun. Everyone met at the campsite at the Sabine River. We cooked out and had hamburgers and hot dogs. People fished, played with the dogs, etc. There wasn't any swimming in the river this time, the dam was open and the water was high and fast. But, we've been taking the boat out in Toledo Bend and swimming there. I haven't done any swimming, the water's still too cold for my taste.

After everyone ate, we opened presents and played games. It was a lot of fun! They had a cake decorated with black icing and the Cat in the Hat's red and white hat. It was very cool. We got a bunch of really cute stuff from David's family and friends. The big family gift was the Britax Marathon carseat. It is so nice to know that that item is purchased. It's really the one thing I didn't want to skimp on. And, I'm glad we have it, now.

I will be flying to South Carolina in a couple weeks to spend a few days with my family. I wish David could go, too, but it's just not practical right now. But, I'm still really excited about seeing my parents. I know they'll be here when baby arrives, but I want them to see me pregnant.

And, Carmen, I am always lopsided, whether I'm standing or laying down. I have noticed, now, that I can actually feel her shape. It's incredible to feel the length of her leg or the shape of her head or body. It's wonderful! Even my friend Morgan was able to feel it.

Things are going great, can't wait to get educated on gestational diabetes. Hopefully this week!

At our Louisiana Baby Shower

Taken May 23, 2009...David's sash says "Daddy 2 Be"

Glad to see everyone is doing well! Kari, PM Christian's Mommy - I think I remember she dealt with gestational diabetes, but now has two boys to keep her busy!
    I've Been Frosted

Aww Kari, you are both adorable!

THanks, Carmen!

Well, I took my first of two gestational diabetes classes yesterday. I started my routine today, and so far, so good. I'm actually looking forward to learning the way my body reacts to certain foods, and the finger pricking doesn't bother me at all.

Luckily, my insurance is great. Gotta love something paying $15 for a $115 prescription.

Well, I had a great day today. My levels weren't great all day, but after lunch, it was the lowest it's been since I've been checking (73). Go me! I think it was because I walked for about an hour and a half around the mall after lunch and before taking my blood. I may just have to quit my job so that I can eat and walk all day, every day. Man, whatever it takes to keep me and my gal healthy!

I'm off to have my last snack of the night (a little later than usual, but that's all right!).

My raise took effect this last paycheck, so I bought myself a diaper bag from Pottery Barn. It's pretty, dark brown and water resistant! It was $70 and I got it for $40. Here's a photo (mine's not monogrammed or black!).

I also picked up four red square rugs for the nursery. They're designed for a bathroom, with rubber bottoms, but I think they'll look really cute. I plan to put them down in the middle of the room, evenly spaced. I hope it looks good. They were inexpensive, about $4 each, but really cute, kinda that looped/shaggy look.

29 weeks along...

These are from this evening...29 weeks along. I weighed in at 140 yesterday (at least on the home scale), and my "waist" is at 40 inches. I love being pregnant.

You can see my belly button ring holes in the last one.

Aww, I just saw these. YOU are sooo cute Kari!

I got back from New Orleans Friday. The trip was nice. I got tired very easily with all the walking.

I had my 4D ultrasound today. It was a special Sunday appointment....
    It was a bit disappointing though. Baby was hiding her face with her hand and feet. She was even hiding her privates with the other hand. So, I had to reschedule and go back next Sunday. I am a bit worried. The tech suspects I am about 5 days further along then what the drs. office says (something I suspected anyway).
    This is according to her thigh bone length. Baby girl wieghs 3 pounds 14 oz. and is 15 1/2 inches tall.
    She isn't head down yet, which may be a problem. She needs to move head down within the next 2 weeks or I will seriously have no choice but a c-section.
    Kari is your baby head down yet?

Thanks, Carmen!

I'm sorry the ultrasound didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped. She's being shy! I hope it's better next time!

As for our lass's position, it changes every five minutes. She's quite a mover. Doctor said three weeks ago that she needs to be head down in six weeks. So, our next appointment in three weeks, we're hoping she's chosen a spot to settle into (obviously, head down would be best!). I'll keep you posted!

Soon after my last post I was in labor. Despite being baby #2 labor lasted long. I went to the hospital about 20 hours after contractions started and of course once there they broke my water to try to get things moving. I almost went without drugs but at 8cm I needed an epidural! I'm thankful I still had a natural birth - turns out baby boy was 10 lbs 8 oz!! No wonder my belly was so big. I'm feeling much better now, like a great weight has been lifted off my belly, well seriously recovery overall has been good and I'm just building up arm muscles so I can carry my heavy newborn. His name is Stratton, born 5/14.

Good luck to all the other pregnant pettalkers! Have patience in the end - it's not easy wondering day after day if today is it!

Welcome to the world, Stratton!
    I've Been Frosted