Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Healthcare costs

ShrubCo was demonized for signing the Patriot Act into law even though none of the senators or congressmen read the act that they voted to enact into law.

Why is anybody suprised that OHB is pushing for the HCR bill, whatever it is called, to be passed without anybody knowing whats in it?

I dont want .GOV telling my doctors what level of treatment I get and niether should anybody else in this country.

Tort reform and making medical insurance a non profit industry would go a long way to reforming health care in the USA.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Tort reform and making medical insurance a non profit industry would go a long way to reforming health care in the USA.
    If you mandate that medical insurance become a non-profit industry who is going to provide med insurance?

I've yet to see anyone start a company NOT to make money.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    If you mandate that medical insurance become a non-profit industry who is going to provide med insurance?

It was just a thought, besides non profits still make money.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Why, that would mean people would act "stupidly"!

Even THINKING that any changes made to the bill before Sept would solve BO's cred-or is it street cred?- is way too ambitious.

In a strange way, I love that nothing is getting done and thre reps are going on vacation.....

Come on home and start to leaf thru you email and answer your phone messages you dopes.

I hope that they have enough constituent generated fear to really think about their vote.

Yeah, the 'boss' signs the checks-----we put you there and pay your wages.

I hope it's a long, hot, miserable summer for y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Why, that would mean people would act "stupidly"!

Even THINKING that any changes made to the bill before Sept would solve BO's cred-or is it street cred?- is way too ambitious.

In a strange way, I love that nothing is getting done and the reps are going on vacation.....
    Well, I'm certainly glad that some people in this country are going off on nice long vacations.. My bad if I'm not one of them, of course.

I hope it's a long, hot, miserable summer for y'all!
    I hope the mosquitos are biting.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It wouldn't amaze me in the least.

I sincerely doubt that many sitting congressional representatives read much, if any of the legislation that they vote on. I doubt that congressional staffs function much different from military staffs.

If they were required to read the bills they write, they wouldn't have time to vote on anything other than the budgets.
    On the subject of reading the bill - John Conyers, D-MI, spoke at the National Press Club last Friday, the 24th. This is his take on reading the bill -
    Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill–Unless They Have 2 Lawyers to Interpret It for Them

During his speech at a National Press Club luncheon, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Democratic Congressman John Conyers (D-Mich.), questioned the point of lawmakers reading the health care bill.

“I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill,’” said Conyers.

“What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”

In which case they should not be voting on it until taking the two days and speaking to the lawyers.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

People who were up in arms that the Congressional branch didnt read the Patriot Act before signing it, now dont care at all if the HCR bill gets read as long as its signed.

Start writing and calling your representatives, both local and federal, to secede! Its the only way to get their attention. Ive heard rumors that Texas is allready rejecting the national health care bill.

The Idea of the Congressional branch was to be filled with common citizens, not career politians who write bills in language that only skilled lawyers would understand.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Just in case anyone is interested, HERE is a link to the actual House bill.

Set aside two days, and notify the lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Just in case anyone is interested, HERE is a link to the actual House bill.

Set aside two days, and notify the lawyers
    Eff that........

CLIFF NOTES and a bottle of vodka!

"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Is there room for him to be misquoted?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Is there room for him to be misquoted?
    Seemed pretty clear to me. That and the fact that the kool aid drinking cheerleaders havent attacked either you or Puck would lead me to believe its true.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.