Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1466

Thread: We have babies!!! New baby pics #466

I am having a big problem with Miss Winnie. She has suddenly taken it in her head to turn the water bowl over I keep in the bedroom for Grandma. She had done it twice just his morning. Now I have a very wet carpet and Miss Winnie is locked in the kitchen.

I hate to keep Grandma locked in the bedroom to keep Winnie out because grandma likes to come in here sometimes. She's sleeping in my recliner right now. I'm not going to punish Grandma because Winnie can't behave herself.

I can't keep Winnie locked in the kitchen forever. Though that is looking more appealing every day. (just kidding).

I guess I'll just have to pick grandma's water bowl up and just keep an eye on her and bring it back if I see her looking for a drink or at night when winnie is shut in the kitchen. Winnie won't let grandma into the kitchen to drink or eat. She tries to keep chester out when she can. I don't know what to do about that girl!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Gosh, I guess Rascal needs to come back and give Winnie a talking to!!

Moff, is it possible to put Grandma's water bowl into something heavier such as a pyrex casserole dish - so she could still get to the water, but if Winnie tried to turn it over, the water would go into the pyrex?

Or maybe a plastic wash basin - just something bigger and heavier
    than Grandma's water dish?

Kids - what are you going to do with them?

I'm wondering is Winnie is fitting into your household well. She is a beautiful girl, but Chester and Grandma were there first. It doesn't seem fair to them to be bullied all the time.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I'm wondering is Winnie is fitting into your household well. She is a beautiful girl, but Chester and Grandma were there first. It doesn't seem fair to them to be bullied all the time.
    I know. That's what I was afraid of before I brought her inside. I am still amazed that Chester doesn't stand up to her. She acts just like he used to with Leonardo and Luke. Oddly, Grandma is getting along better with her as long as she stays clear or her.

Winnie acts more like a baby than Angel does at times. I'm hoping they will calm down when they get older. She has come such a long way from the cat I used to have to wear armour around to get near when we first met.

Gini, I did put Grandma's water bowl in my 8x8 pyrex baking dish. Hopefully, that will solve the problem. Until I need to use my dish. Think I'll just buy me a new one some time. Thanks for the tip.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I have forgotten just how far Winnie has come. Of course you should give her more time and lots of love before you make any kind of decision. She is a beautiful girl and I'm sure, with love, she will eventually settle down. I was just worried about Grandma. She seems like a such a nice older kitty.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

a prayer for all to be well at MoFF's house - and a candle

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10296089
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    a prayer for all to be well at MoFF's house - and a candle

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10296089
    Thank you for the candle. It seems to be working. Since I gave Grandma my glass square pyrex bowl, the carpet is much much dryer.

Chester is feeling better. He even gave Angel a gentle pat on the bum today. How very brave of him.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Moff, I am glad that the pyrex dish has helped the water bowl situation.

Emma used to drag the (heavy) water bowl across the kitchen floor.
    If I went from the carpeted room to the linoleum I could have landed on my tushie wooshie with all of the water on the floor. The pyrex dish seemed to break her of the habit, so I don't need to use it anymore.

It is funny how cats interact. One day Annie is all over Rascal. Finally he has enough of her and tells her about it. Emma sees her opportunity and then she becomes Rascal's favorite for a few days. What is funny is that Annie then goes into a total funk and pouts - and hisses at Emma.

If Annie were a human she would definately be wearing a tiara!!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post

If Annie were a human she would definately be wearing a tiara!!
    Maybe you should get her one for Christmas. I bet she would wear it!

I think Winnie has a crush on Chester. She acts just like a kid who has a crush and is always punching the other to get their attention.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

another thing you could try for the water.. is to get a doggie bowl.. a heavy one.. there are some especially for doggies whi love to tip their bowls.. if a dog can´t tip it.. I´m sure a kitty would have so much more trouble attempting to..

Winnie and Angel.. you lil brats.. behave pretty ladies.. mommy loves you.. and you don´t really want to give her gray hairs do you?
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Grandma and Chester, how are things with the young ones at your house? Could you please have meowmie give all 4 of you some petting for me?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Luvies and pets delivered!

I had a surprise this morning. I put mail out on my box. After I got back on the computer, I heard a cat meowning really loud. I did a nose check, chester asleep by my chair, Grandma asleep on the bed, Angel asleep on the stand in the middle room, Winnie in the kitchen.

So, I opened the door. There was Winnie between the door and the screen door. She snuck behind me when I shut the door and I didn't see her. She was really glad to be back in the house and not sandwiched between that cold metal outside door and the wooden inside door anymore. She's been sleeping in the middle room since then. poor baby
    I'm just glad that ouside door shuts so tight even I have a hard time getting it open.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Oh Moff, how frightening! I have a huge fear about doors. If my back door is open (door, plus screen door) and it is a windy day - if you open my front door the air will blow through the house and make the back door slam shut. I try to remember to put a door stop on that door when it is windy.

My fear is that one of the kitties will be caught between those doors.
    They love to sit at the back door and watch all of the goings on in the yard. But the door slams so suddenly that I don't think they would have time to escape.

I hope Winnie has learned her lesson.

That same thing happened to Joey, my youngest cat. ( the only
    one that loves to follow me out the door) He didn't make a noise that
    I could hear, but 2 of the other cats sat at the inside door and just
    stared at the door till I opened it again and there he was.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just can't believe winnie snuck by me like that. I know she was in the kitchen when I opened that door. She is um, puddgy now, so should have stirred up a breeze at least when she went by me. So glad she is safe inside.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie