Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy strikes Trayi52 (Willie)!!!!

Tragedy strikes Trayi52 (Willie)!!!!

Just received a phone call from Willie. Her house burned to the ground this past Thursday! Thankfully, her family and all her pets made it out ok. It was a grease fire in the kitchen.

Willie's daughter has a trailor next to her home that was vacant, so Willie and her family are staying there for now. She said that hubby, she and her grandson (Dakota) are fighting over the one bathroom, she has limited space, and they have no A/C for now. They hope to get the AC going this afternoon!

A few friends / community have brought over some clothes for her and hubby, and some bed linens. Dakota hasn't gotten any clothes yet though .... he wears a boys size 12 slim. Anyone wanting to donate to help this precious family, please contact me!

Willie says the most important thing they need right now is prayers, as this family has endured one tragic thing after another here lately!

Please PT friends, let's help where we can!

Sincerely,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh no! Poor Willie ((((((hugs)))))) I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, my gosh, that's horrible. Is she going to need help with anything? I'm so glad they all made it out all right!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh no Thats horrible. She will be in my prayers

my fiance and I are both ~~~terrified~~~~ of fire. theres a large fire extinguisher (S?) in the kitchen, in the bedroom, and 2 small ones in 2 of our vehicles.

I'm so sorry they had to go through that Fire absolutely disgusts me.

I posted this in CG too but I figure there will be a lot of people wanting to help so please let us know what we can do Kim.

post in CG
    OMG! Oh poor poor Willy and her family. This just breaks my heart right in two.
    Kim, I know she just asked for prayers but is there anything else we can do? I can't help with little boy clothes and I sure don't have much money but I am willing to do something, ANYTHING, to help. Would a financial donation be better or should we get things needed for a home? Clothes, bed linens, towels, stuff like that. Please tell us what you think would be best. I HAVE to do something for one of the sweetest PT'ers we know.
    Are they going to be able to rebuild or do you know?

Thank you for letting us know Kim.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. They are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

If Willie is okay with it, could you PM me their mailing address?
    Prayers are definitely healing, but I think a couple of Walmart gift certificates would help outfit the family. That way they can buy what they need.

Lisa
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by kuhio98
    If Willie is okay with it, could you PM me their mailing address?
    Prayers are definitely healing, but I think a couple of Walmart gift certificates would help outfit the family. That way they can buy what they need.
    Yeah, something like that is what I was thinking about, too. I don't have much, but, I could do something. I know even getting a $10 Target gift certificate can be really helpful!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh goodness. Willie, you and your family are definately in my prayers. What a tragedy. ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know. I will go through my son's clothing and see what might fit Dakota.

Originally posted by catnapper
    Oh goodness. Willie, you and your family are definately in my prayers. What a tragedy. ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know. I will go through my son's clothing and see what might fit Dakota.
    Don't know when / how Willie will be able to get online to see these messages ... but I think maybe she can at her daughter's house!

I think the Wal-Mart, Target, etc.... Gift Cards are an EXCELLENT idea! That way they are simple to mail, just in an envelope .. and she can get basically anything they need from clothes to food at those places!!!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Willie and her family. I can not begin to imagine what they are going through right now. I'm in for helping out and sent you a PM Kim.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Walmart gift certificates are a BRILLIANT idea!!!
    Kim I will PM you for Willie's address.

Willie, if you can see this I hope you know how much we all think of you and are so thankful that no one was hurt.
    God Bless you!!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    What an awful year this has been for dear Willie and her family. I'm so glad to hear everyone got out safely, and that nobody was injured. Fires are so terrible to hear about. I pray that Willie and her family can get their home rebuilt soon, and that no more tragedies strike them ever. I think Wal-Mart etc. gift cards are a great idea. I hope there's a Wal-Mart close by to them...can you find out what store is most convenient Kim?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

How horrible! But how much luck in all that tragedy that all of you are safe! We cannot be enough grateful for that!

How aweful!! I'm so happy she, her family, and pets are okay.

Such a sickening feeling. I'm strapped for cash at the moment, but can help out in the next two weeks.

Many thoughts and prayers for them.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June