Thread: Ok, is this strange or what??

Ok, is this strange or what??

I was looking through PetFinder last night ... I know, I know, it's a masochistic kind of thing to do. I happened across this dog:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...w=&row=0&tmpl=

Rather unusually looking brindle and white chihuahua mix, right? Now, look at the attached file, which is a picture of my dog Pepper.

You can't really tell too much from that (bad!) picture, but Pepper looks SO much like that dog!

And, there's more .... see next post ......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

So, I'm looking at the rest of this shelter's page ... and I find this dog:

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...1&row=25&tmpl=

Now, look at the attachment of my dog, Vanilla, who is a pointer/whippet cross.

And this shelter is only 200 miles from me. Think it's fate and karma, telling me I have to go rescue these dogs?!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Wow!!!
    The resemblances are uncanny!!!
    I think it may be fate!!

What's 2 more, anyway?

I found a shiba who looks just like my Kito, in a shelter about 3 hours from here on Petfinder
    http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...w=&row=0&tmpl=

Good thing we're supposed to be getting a storm!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Its fate. Gas up the tank and get movin!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Almost twins. I know what you mean about seeing dogs that look or act like your kids. We currently have a dog at the shelter that reminds me so much of Leo it is amazing.

This is Griffin:

He has white fur where Leo has brown fur, but they could be identical twins in personality. Superb personality - high energy, but just a loving dog. He would be perfect in a home with children that like to run and play. (older children though as he has a tendency to jump on you to give you kisses )

Oh That Evil Petfinder....It gets me sucked in too!!!

Well,You could have 2 Sets of Bookends!!!

Like someone else said...once you have 2...what is 4????

That Reilly is Just Precious!!!!! He has Kia Eyes!!!!!! What a Beauty!!!

That Shelter is awfully close!!!!!
    1 Tank of gas...What would it Hurt???
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Originally posted by delidog
    Like someone else said...once you have 2...what is 4????

That Shelter is awfully close!!!!!
    1 Tank of gas...What would it Hurt???
    LOL ... Oh, I don't have just two ... I already have ten dogs! LOL

I DID call today, though, and the little one that looks like Pepper was already adopted. I didn't ask about Riley, because I CANNOT get any more male dogs. I hope he found a good home by now.

I need to STOP going to Petfinder!!

Luckily, I live in Canada, so petfinder would just be a waste of time because I could not go to the US to get a dog

But if I lived near any of those dogs lol I would be there!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Actually, you can find lots of dogs for Canada there

Thanks Kfmar!!!!!!!

yes but there are lots of places in canada that dont work with petfinder. for example you will never find an animal in my city with petfinder. you may find the occasinal in prince albert, or saskatoon, but otherwise you pretty much wont find anything in my provance.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

where are you?

Thanks Kfmar!!!!!!!