Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good thoughts and prayers requested, please.

Good thoughts and prayers requested, please.

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if many of you remember me, but I need to ask for some prayers and good thoughts.

A few months ago, my youngest cat, Mocha, who is 3 1/2 years old, went through surgery to have one of her dewclaws removed after she got it caught on a bath robe.

Not too long after that, she developed Cryptococcosis, an infection/fungus that engulfed the area where the dewclaw was removed on her paw.

She is currently on medication for this, which has cleared it up for the most part.

However, she has stopped eating and drinking for almost a week now and has dropped a couple of pounds. I have been force-feeding her wet cat food and water for the past few days.

Since the medication she is on for now has the potential to cause liver damage, she is going to the vet next week for another blood test. The vet who is treating her and has seen her case since Day 1 is on vacation, and we will be talking with her when she returns as soon as possible.

Please keep my kitty in your thoughts.. it's so hard seeing her like this and I just want her to get better.

Thank you.

-Julie

I am so sorry this is happening to you and to her.

Please make sure she is getting fluids. As for food, it does not take much for them to get fatty liver disease, so make sure to feed her in intervals, and that she atleast gets some down.

I will pray for her, and for you. *HUGS* Katie and kitties

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Many prayers to you ad your poor little girl. I know how scared you must be.

Oh no, I will keep little Miss Mocha in my thoughts. Please eat Mocha girl. I know how stressful it is when they won't eat. I recently went through it with Taz but only for 5 days. I will be hoping she begins to eat soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I definitely know how you feel. I was worried about my Calloway with the same not eating deal. He's now doing much better, so I hope that your little one will start eating again and be better as well. The thought of liver failure (I did lose one foster cat to that, but he was also FIV+, so his immune system was compromised to begin with) is so scary, especially when you don't know what is happening.

PT Prayers for Mocha.

Try some baby food, or even really stinky wet stuff that might perk her appetite a bit!

Can the vet who is not on vacation advise on a different medication, or on reducing this one?

What a lovely wittle girl! I hope she is on the mend soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    PT Prayers for Mocha.

Try some baby food, or even really stinky wet stuff that might perk her appetite a bit!

Can the vet who is not on vacation advise on a different medication, or on reducing this one?

What a lovely wittle girl! I hope she is on the mend soon.
    Thank you.

Her medication has been reduced. She was taking 100 mg. of Itraconazole and is now taking 50 mg. It's supposed to be the "milder" one out of all the other medications used to treat Cryptococcosis.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I was holding her just now and she started purring for the first time in ages. Hoping this is a good sign of better days soon.

Awww, yup, purring sounds like a good sign! We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Aw, what a sweet little girl. Of course, we'll send up prayers right now that all will be well for Mocha and you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers for Miss Mocha that she is back to her old self ASAP!!! She is very cute!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Yes I do remember Mocha. Prayers from all of us here in RI. Please let us know how things develop!

Sending prays and good thoughts. I hope she starts feeling better soon. It's never fun to force feed our babies.

Prays,
    Melissa

Awee Mocha you such a Adorable Baby.. Hope you get well real soon.. Sending Lots of Whisker Huggss & Prayers..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Mocha will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she'll start feeling better soon.

Aww, Julie! So sorry to hear about Mocha. =[

If she's purring, that's gotta be a good sign. Give her a kiss from me. =]

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.