Thread: Our First Experience

Our First Experience

Of all the rescuing we’ve done in the past nine years, we’ve never had a mom cat together with her kittens. It has always been kittens dumped in the park with no mom. I’ve got to say this has been one of the most heartwarming experiences. Sable has been what I consider the perfect mom. She trusted us to capture her and her kittens and settled right into our household. She has trusted the grandchildren and the other cats. She stands guard when they’re out playing and if Chowder becomes too rough, she scolds him. She will leave them for a bit only to come back and ensure they’re safe.

As I write this she is on the desk next to me purring and cleaning herself while Gable & Garbo are playing. Sable is such a gentle soul and if someone did dump her they don’t know what they’re missing. All I can say is THANK YOU to them because this has brought us more pleasure than I can write. She and babies have been the perfect house guests and it will be sad to say goodbye.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

That is so heartwarming. And it is their loss *the owners*. Good luck in your new furrever homes Gable & Garbo. I know your kitty mom and your meowmie will miss you so much!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Oh Lisa, I know exactly what you mean. I have had some wonderfully loving and nurturing kitty moms here too! No one can tell me that they don't LOVE their babies!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Lisa, I could tell from the pictures that Sable has been a wonderful mom to her kittens. Too bad all 3 of them won't be able to stay together. They sure make a wonderful little family. I can't imagine having to say goodbye to any of them. This must be so difficult.

It sounds to me like you're becoming very attached to Sable. Maybe she's already in her new loving forever home.

Sigh, this is so nice to read . . . .

It would be a long story to explain how our Grisette 27 years ago had not only kittens once but twice
    But I am glad I had the experience. The second time I was close to her - and I will never forget that. She was such a purrfect mom.
    And of course we found purrfect homes for everybody. (Parallel to the second birth we found a litter of four dumped in the woods- so I was very much in cat rescuing at that time )

I had the same qualms when they took Pouncette and her Babies away, but I knew it was for the best.
    And now they all have Great Homes.
    Its tough to say Goodbye to the Cats that we POOF, but so far they have all done very well.
    God Bless You for giving Gable and Garbo a chance at a Furr Ever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks for sharing your story with us!!! You will have wonderful memories(and some photos, too!)to remind you of this time!!!

I've been frosted!!
    Nine is Fine!!

The good news is that you're not loosing them, a new home is gaining two wonderful kitties, and hopefully soon Sable will have a great home of her own too.....if she doesn't already have one.

Hard to believe after all those years this is the first time, but I'm glad you shared the experience with us.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl