Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Poop!! UPDATE 1/17/07***

Stop the Poop!! UPDATE 1/17/07***

I wasnt going to say anything online here because i thought it was an upset tummy! Along with the kong i got for the pups i got the liver paste as well! i think it may have made corona sick! but she is continueing to poop in her kennel! The first night is was watery diahrea, the second night it was forming a little more into harder mush! and i thought she was good since it was getting harder! Well she did it again last night...she had diahrea in her kennel twice last night, two different piles, both runny!She didnt give us any warning, no barking no whinning, no nothing! Im going to check her poop this morning and see if it's runny again! Seems as though she may not be pooping during the day, but i just assumed she was because she would be outside for a little while then come to the back steps when she was ready to come in!No biggy, just like usual! so i guess i havent even noticed if she had been pooping normal or pooping at all! I feel terrible for not watching her closer but i just thought all was good since the second night her poop was firmer and she was as hyper as ever! but im worried now, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!
    P.S im gonna call the vet when they open this morning and see what they have to say also!
    Last edited by coco-bean; 01-17-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Oh and i forgot to say...i have stopped giving her treats while she has had this upset tummy, not liver paste, no cookie, no nothing! Just reg. dog food at her reg. times!

Try giving her some pure canned pumpkin...not the pie filling...the pure stuff. It seems to stop the runs in one shot. If she contines I would see the vet, It might be something more serious.

Pumpkin will help- but since this came on so suddenly- I would take the dog to the vet. ...
    And Mike- I didnt know you were a Michelle as well! lol

If you can't get her to the vet for a little while, try feeding rice and beef instead of whatever you are feeding her to help settle her tummy.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

yes when Happy got sick as a puppy I was told to feed her overcooked white rice with beef broth, more broth then rice at first and as she started feeling better slowing making it more rice less broth before finally putting her back on her regular food.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    yes when Happy got sick as a puppy I was told to feed her overcooked white rice with beef broth, more broth then rice at first and as she started feeling better slowing making it more rice less broth before finally putting her back on her regular food.

That's a very good idea. The lighter the meal the better till the Vet can
    see her.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No Poop Now!!!

she hasnt pooped all day! i fed her at 7:30 this morning and still nothing! This def. isnt like her, she normally goes 15 minutes after she eats...what to do what to do???HELP! im worried

If she's had the runs, there's nothing in her system TO poop until dinner goes through her system.

she ate at 7:30AM...there's food in her! It hasnt come out yet thats why im worried!

It's going to take a while for the food to make its way through her system. No need to worry, by tomorrow she'll probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    It's going to take a while for the food to make its way through her system. No need to worry, by tomorrow she'll probably be fine.
    I agree- it cleared out hopefully.. How is she acting?

shes acting as she always does...a hundred miles a minute! But even when she was having diahrea bad bad, she was still perky and herself!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Pumpkin will help- but since this came on so suddenly- I would take the dog to the vet. ...
    And Mike- I didnt know you were a Michelle as well! lol
    Well, it's actually Michaela, but I prefer Michelle.

So where's the poop now?

so yesterday i was pretty much estatic when corona poop...for the first time, it was right around 7 at night! She had already eaten supper and i thought for sure it would maybe hold her over until morning! She was obviously stressing to poop...just how she was acting while doing it and only a little came out! Enough to relieve her, but not enough for the amount of food that was in her!
    Last night yet again she had diahrea in her kennel, still mushy....still runny....but not as much! I think there wasnt as much just because she kinda got rid of a little when she did outside!
    TODAY...still no POOP! she is so going to the vet! I've given her the boiled rice, made her food portions smaller. stop giving her treats ect. ect.! but she has eaten twice today and still nothing! any advice?