Thread: Advice for Orlando, FL

Advice for Orlando, FL

We're going to Orlando in late May and we're taking the dogs. I know the theme parks have kennels on site, but I don't want to use them. We were hoping to rent a house and crate the dogs there during the day (they are used to being crated and well behaved).

We rented a house before and it wa awesome. Only thing is I am having some trouble finding a house that allows pets. The place we rented before does not have houses that allow pets.

Has anyone out there done this before? If I can't find a safe place for them during the day, we probably won't go and I am really looking forward to this trip.

Any suggestions?

sorry i cant help much on the house renting part but i have used the kennels there at sea world a few times & what is great is it is right there, so you can stop in & visit them often (i think they even want you to come by & let them out to potty & such). They only have one or 2 big kennels so if you want your dogs caged together i suggest letting them know in advance so they can reserve it for you. It is clean & has a/c, every visit i had i was very pleased with the staff there. You can even see the kennel from different areas of the park so you can keep a goood eye on them

we did go to other theme parks but left our dogs at friends/relatives houses then.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Check these two places out (the Sun 'N' Fun Vacation Homes look nice!)

http://dogfriendly.com/server/travel...LOrlando.shtml
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

what breed of dog is that? GEORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Well, I'm your girl. I don't know of any houses to rent with you dogs. I live close to Disney and am manager of a kennel. I personally don't recommend disneys kennel and haven't seen Sea worlds kennel. They are welcome to come stay with me. I'll PM you with info about my kennel and others.
    Last edited by BitsyNaceyDog; 02-17-2004 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks so much for all the advice! I am really nervous about kenneling them because they have never been kenneled. Atlas (my 2 yr old male) has some seperation anxiety and so I worry about kenneling. But Brownie sure looks comfy!

Those Sun n' Fun homes are exactly what I was looking for. We stayed at something really similar to that. I'm going to check that out and see. There are a bunch of us going together so even if I do kennel them, I need a dog-friendly place for a bunch of people to stay.

Someone asked - my dogs are German Shepherds - they are just white and long-coats which is a different look from what people are used to seeing. They are my babies. We're actually taking them with because a) I wouldn't go otherwise and b) we're going to a dog show in South Carolina and thought a trip to FL would be fun to plan into it.

Thanks again for all the help!!!!!!

sorry, I can´t help with advice,but I just wanted to say, I was wondering what a beautiful dogs you have I didn´t know that they´re white german shepherds until I looked at your web page.... your doggies are great very beautiful

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Thank you! I am very proud of my dogs. Atlas is mine and Mira is my husbands. She is Atlas daughter. We work very hard to make sure they are good, happy dogs. They both train in obedience and Atlas also trains in herding and agility (Mira will too when she is older) and they are both show dogs. They keep us very busy!!! But there is nothing better for a German Shepherd than keeping them busy working. They love it!

it´s very nice to hear that they´re happy dogs he he
    I just love those cute white faces

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Your pups are gorgeous! I hope you have a great trip It sounds like you've gotten a lot of great suggestions! KBlaix, what a sweet offer! If you don't mind, I'd love to keep your info. in case I'm ever done your way!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I deleated the picture of Brownie, I was having a hard time getting it sized right. Let me Know if you need any help, keep my number that I put in the private message, incase you need it. We actually do rather well with dogs that suffer from seperation anxioty. We are a small, and quiet place that is cozy and full of Love. The dogs know that they are safe with us, they trust us and are happy with us. Hope you have a good and safe trip.

I have no additional advice to give, but I wanted to say that your GSD's are BEAUTIFUL!

Have fun on your trip!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thanks to everyone for ALL the help!!! We just put a deposit on a Sun 'N' Fun Vacation Home. There is a rather spendy pet deposit, but I can crate my babies there just like at home. And the yard is fenced in so they can run around like maniacs when we get back to the house.

We got a three bedroom house so the people we are traveling with can stay there too, plus we have our own pool, washer/dryer, kitchen etc. I am very happy with the arrangement!

Again, thanks everyone, especially KBlaix! And thanks for the nice comments on my babies!

Nice to see you around again! I've been wondering where you and Atlas were.

Mira and Atlas are just gorgeous!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

We rented a big house when we went to Orlando, Florida during the recent Christmas hiloday, and they didn't allow pets. It stinks, a lot of them don't a lot pets, because they make a mess. Also because there are a lot of iresonsible owners out there.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)