Thread: Twilight's gone.

Twilight's gone.

I am really sad to announce that, as I feared, we lost little Twilight late Thursday afternoon.

For those of you who do not remember Twi (she was quite a testing girl to photograph and plus I haven't been around much lately either), she was one of my gerbil trio, and was the buddy of Ebony, her sister.

This Thursday just passed, I noticed her very lethargic in her cage and her eyes had just lost that spark. When I held her in my hand, she barely twitched; she just lay collapsed and lifeless in my palm. If I had not taken that day study leave, poor Twi would have been like that all day in her cage wth no-one knowing her condition, as my parents were working and my brother at school.

After an hour with no improvement, I decided that because she seemed to be feeling colder and colder I would put her in a little box with a hot water bottle and a towel so she could be comfortable and rest in the quiet. I was desperately hoping she'd hang on until my brother got home, as she was officially dubbed as his pet. Thankfully, she mustered all her little might and did, staying with us long enough to give us all a few kisses goodbye. The next time I peeled back the towel to take a peek inside the box, she had gone, and was lying peacefully on her side with her little eyes closed.

I loved that little girl so much. It's amazing how the tiniest of creatures has such a big impact on your heart. I miss her terribly, and keep glancing out the window to her burial place in our back garden. We buried her next to Zsa-Zsa (whom I'm sure many of you will remember ) who will take care of her for us from here.

I think Twilight was truly a pet close to my brother's heart; she was born on World Cup Football final day, and stayed with us long enough to see Manchester United win the double.

Twilight
    9th July 2006 - 22nd May 2008
    Always in my heart

Zimbabwe 07/13

It is saddening to read this, as I remember Twilight quite well, but I am so happy she got to spend her last moments in comfort and with those who loved her so. She was lucky to have found her way into your heart and your family.

Rest easy, Twilight.

I'm glad she waited for your brother, and gave him some kisses.

My condolences to him and you, and I hope Ebony is ok. She will need some extra cuddles I think, and that will help you too.

hugs!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sweet Twilight, run free at the Bridge, dear one. You were quite loved here, and had some very special people in your home, who had a special place for you in their hearts.

Hugs to you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry about Twilight. May she Rest in Peace.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Rest in Peace Twilight Play hard at the bridge tiny girl

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Poor little Twilight - I hope you and Miss Hoppy meet up there, and exchange stories.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks a lot, everyone. The house seems really empty even though it's lost something so small. But I think now I'm starting to smile at the good times we had with her.

Karen, I think Twilight and Miss Hoppy would strike up a friendship immediately. I still can't believe your beautiful bunny girl has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1

My condolences to him and you, and I hope Ebony is ok. She will need some extra cuddles I think, and that will help you too.
    Yes, that is one thing I was deathly worried about; that Ebony would start to pine. Fortunately she seems OK, although she does seem to wait at the door of her cage a lot as if waiting for us to put Twilight back in. As you say though we are giving her loads of fuss.

Thanks again everyone

Zimbabwe 07/13

Zara, I'm so sorry for your loss. I really don't know what to say. I hope little Twilight finds peace at the RB.

Unhappy

Rest in peace Twilight . I am glad that she did survive for her brother to get home. Play hard little Twilight, you will always be missed

and stayed with us long enough to see Manchester United win the double
    This made me smile.......be happy at the Bridge little Twilight
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    Rest in peace Twilight . I am glad that she did survive for her brother to get home. Play hard little Twilight, you will always be missed
    I didn't realise you'd lost Little Bit too. It's so sad gerbils don't have longer lifespans than they do.

Thanks again everyone.

Zimbabwe 07/13

twillight is one of the cutest animals ive ever seen R I P twillight good luck crossing the bridge...