Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Mystic

Regarding Mystic

I recieved a strange call this afternoon from a man who lives down the street, claiming that a lady with roosters may have shot Mystic with a 22. I guess one lady has killed 10 cats already with a shotgun, but then she left and now either another lady or the husband is now killing the cats. This man had one of his cats shot with a 22 in the head, and he said he could see where the bullet went in and where it exited his skull. I know a little abouts where they are, but I do not think he would go that far, I mean it's really far, and I know he would be scared silly of a chicken, let alone a rooster.

But, since the neighbors said there were dogs roaming the night he dissapeared Dan and I thought maybe he might have been chased down that way and the lady shot him. The man is scared to go talk to these people, as he doesn't want to start an argument about them shooting his cat. I feel bad for the man, and bad for his cat, and extremely sad if she shot Mystic!!!!

How do I approach these people to ask if they have seen Mystic? I don't know what to do, and I am terrified of guns. I am thankful I recieved another call though, that means there is still hope and people know he's missing! I am just blown away by this news and need advice on what to do...............please.

AND prayers are still very much welcome!

Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I would just go politely ask if they've seen him. If they are rude or say they haven't seen him, just thank them and leave quickly. You might want to have Dan with you when you go. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, but just in case.

I've still been thinking of Mystic every day and sending my prayers.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Cassie,

I'd also go there first and be polite and ask if they saw Mystic. If they are rude or obnoxious, end the conversation and then call the authorities. Give them the benefit of the doubt first. If that doesn't work, let the cops deal with it. That's what they get paid for. No one, and I mean NO ONE has the right to go shooting any animal, I don't care if it's a cat or a dog or whatever!!

Please keep us posed. I pray Mystic is okay. Hang in there honey!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

OMG that is terrible. Is this woman allowed to do this? Isn't there a law against it? How horrible knowing there is someone in your neighbourhood shooting cats. What happens to the cats that she shoots? Does she bury them? Does she dispose of them in the garbage? I'm sorry to go off like this, but this is very upsetting.

MHO, I would definitly go and speak with this woman or man. Not alone though, as Aly said, bring your hubby with you and also one of the posters to show her/him what Mystic looks like. I truly hope and pray that Mystic hasn't fallen victim to this horrible, cruel person.

Heavenly Father up above
    Please protect the one I love (Mystic)
    Keep him always safe and sound
    No matter when or where he's found.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Cass,

I've given your situation some serious thought and this is all I've come up with---

If these people are bizarre and demented enough to shoot neighborhood cats, they are not going to listen or heed anything you might have to say. Even if you or your hubby went to their house and asked about poor Mystic, I have a feeling that they would deny any involvment with him even if they are responsible for his disappearance. I just don't think you are going to get anywhere with them. Is there an authority to whom you can report them? This wouldn't help you find Mystic but maybe it could help prevent other cats from being injured or killed.

I am so terribly sorry for your situation. I hope that Mystic still will find his way home and will pray for his safe return.

Take care --- Bobbi

I agree with everyone else. Go and talk to them and be polite. The fact that they own guns generally means that they will not use them unless they see a threat, I would not fear them on that account. They shoot animals, and that makes them ****** lowlifes, not killers of people. I also like what Donna said, be polite and if they get rude, disengage and then get the police involved, not to have them arrested, but to act as an intermeadiary. That is one reason that we pay them.

Lorraine, no it is not leagal to shoot aniamls like that, but unfortuately it does happen.

Mystic has been in my thoughts and prayers, and I was going to ask about him. I am so sorry to hear that he is not back yet.

Please keep us updated.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Oh Cass, how scary. I agree that you should be polite and take Dan with you.
    I too have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    I will be praying that it ISN'T Mystic and he is somewhere safe and ready to come home.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Cass, some people are just low-lifes. When my daughter was 9 years old, she had a little Chihuahua, name Bart. I had a tattoo in his ear; the tattoo was I think w9 in his left ear. Anyway, he got out of the house, we live on a road that is really far off the main highway, and managed to get across the highway, and to a house about a mile down the road.

We do not get a newspaper here but once a week, well we put an add in the paper and in the meantime we went house to house searching for him. We came to the man that had the dog and found out he had gave the dog to his aunt on the other side of the county from where we lived.

He told us where his aunt lived and we went to her house, and that old hag and her old goat of a husband stood there and told us that yeah, they had him for a while, but he ran off. We went up and down that road I don't know how many times hollering his name hoping he would come to us, stopped at other peoples houses and ask if they had seen him. We were told that the old hag and the old goat had him; so here we go back and ask them again. That woman actually stood there and told my little 9-year-old daughter that her dog was probably dead killed by a wild animal.

Then we got a call from somebody, which was afraid of this person and their family, and said that the old hag had given my little girls dog to her daughter. So we called the law in, our great law enforcement here went down and asked the old hag about it, and her haggy daughter about Bart. I think he warned her is what I think her done. So she got the dog back and sold it to a breeder in Alabama. Now my question to her was if she was going to lie, why couldn't she have just told us the dog had come back.

We called the breeder and he told us that Bart had run off, we could not get any help from law enforcement, they just told us to forget it. Oh that old hag's daughter call me and was going to cuss me out, well I done a whole lot of cussing to her, I told her that her _______ mother was going to rot in hell, for stealing a dog from a little child.

I said worse things, I mean I used some very ugly language on her, I told her that her old mother was going hell and all kinds of things.

I figure if you do confront these people, then you will eventually start hearing more things about what has really been happening around the area, and bringing the law in will really start bringing in some news, if they had anything to do with, and god I hope not.

Sorry for rambling, but that just struck such a nerve in me, thinking about some old battleaxe sitting around with a gun and shooting defenseless animals. Oh, I am so angry right now, I am really fuming, oh how I wish I were there to go with you and ask about her, she would meet one crazy old lady for sure.

You know I found letter from my little girl and she still believed in Santa, telling Santa that all she wanted for Christmas was just to bring her Bart back to her. God if I do not shut up, I am going to start bawling again. I am sorry Cass, that I cannot help you more.

Sign the rambling old woman,
    Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I would contact your police department about whether or not they are allowed to even discharge firearms in your area. Most areas...even here in redneck rural PA have laws on the books about shooting in a residential area. It usually applies to how far away from homes they are. I would start there...and explain the situation. I don't believe it would be legal unless they could prove the cats were killing livestock which MAY apply to roosters and chickens I don't know for sure. I know that livestock producers are allowed to shoot dogs that are harrassing or killing livestock. I don't know about cats.

Denyce

I'm so sorry that you have to add this to your list of worries. In the country the shooting of animals is common practice where I live. If they say that a cat came onto their property and was killing or disturbing thier chickens then the law won't do anything about it. I'm sure this is what they would say happened if they admitted it at all. They probably don't even know what the cats look like that they shoot because they don't care and have no regard for the lives of innocent animals!! I don't think it will hurt to go talk to these people but I don't think you'll get anywhere. I really think it would be a waste of time but you won't know for sure until you try. I hope and pray this is not what happened to Mystic!
    We will keep praying for Mystic's safe return and if that is not God's will then we pray you will at least find out where he is or what happened to him.

I am so sorry that your Mystic has been missing for so long.

I am not a regular responder to the boards, but I "check them out" as often as I can...anyway.

I am not sure you will get the answer you want from these "people". If you confront them, however nicely, they may not even give an honest answer. I don't picture them the most civilized and honest.
    If they haven't seen your Mystic, they may just want to hurt you and say they have.
    If they have, they may just lie because they are cowards.
    They may not know what color or kind of cat they shoot...they may just shoot and not bother checking it out to see if it is alive, dead, suffering.

Sorry for the rambling...these kind of people just strike a nerve with me too.

I think it is best to check it out (with your husband as recommended) because if you bring in the police at the start (and shooting cats is illegal) they may go in that "self protective" mode and lie about seeing him and all their other activity.

Good luck and I really pray that Mystic does find his way home, safely, soon.

Thanks everyone. I will make sure to take Dan with me tonight when he gets home from work. I sure hope this "person" didn't do something like that to my kitty.

I keep having dreams that Mystic comes back, so maybe one of those dreams will come true!

Remember in my last thread I mentioned something about Sherlock Bones or how this man searches for your pet? Well I just found out from a very nice email that he is NATIONWIDE! We are going to use this service, and we are also calling in a dog sniffer from Portland. I really think a dog could help find where Mystic went, I really do. Even if I find a body, I will feel much better.

Here is the email I got last night.

Hi,

I am a volunteer at my local animal shelter in San Jose, CA. I read your posting for your lost pet on Petfinder Classifieds, when I was helping someone with their lost pet, and I wanted to share additional help with you, if you don't mind, because my heart went out to you. Aside from shelter and vet searches, I have often referred those in need to the Sherlock Bones Agency, A.K.A. John Keane. His website is http://www.SherlockBones.com. He has over 26 yrs of experience, since that is his business, in locating lost pets and he is nation-wide. He also has a short story in the book called "Chicken Soup For The Cat and Dog Lover's Soul." For whatever it's worth, thought maybe this might be a little help to you.
    Take good care and more than anything, I hope your pet arrives back home safely and you can disregard this message. There are a lot of animal lovers out there that are pulling for you, no matter what city you live in. Take good care.

Good Luck To You and May God Bless,

Nita Volunteer
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That is awesome that he is going to help!! I am looking forward to hearing a play by play!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'll be anxious to read your reports.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Im praying fo r you, wow I wish I had knew this person when my dog, brodie ran away I hope you find mystic