Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killian, again (Autoimmune disease)

Killian, again (Autoimmune disease)

Took Killian to the vet Saturday because his nose is getting worse and his lip fold pyoderma is getting out of control.

Dr. believes it is autoimmune disease to add to his liver disease now. Since confirming the exact autoimmune disease would take a biopsy (Killian would have to be put under), we will not be able to do it. Another quandary is that the meds to help control the autoimmune d will affect his diseased liver. So now we are going to do the meds a little at a time (minimal dosage) and I have to watch him for liver distress closely.How much more can the poor dog take!! He lost 7 lbs. even though he was eating a lot.

Sandra, Rachel and others familiar with liver disease: what are the end stages? Thanks for any info.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I'm so sorry Sue Killian definately does not deserve to be this sick But he is so fortunate to have the best mom ever. I am not too familiar with either of these diseases so I'll leave the advice to someone else. But I can definately help in the prayer department. I hope he is not in pain or uncomfortable

Stay strong for your baby.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Poor Killian. I don't know anything about that disease, but I hope everything will be ok. Prayers for sweet Killian.

I'm praying for Killian's recovery. I am not familiar with this disease. Please don't lose hope, Sudilar.

(((((((((((Killian)))))))))))
    ((((((((((Sudilar)))))))))))

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Sue and Killian - you both have worked so hard to overcome so much. My prayers are coming your way for strength and good help from the white coats!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Poor Killi!! Sendin' you lots of love, prayers, and well wishes Sweet Boy!!!

Sue, I know when Sandra and Rachel see this, they will be in immediate contact. I know nothing to help either. But as always, and especialy now, Killian and you will be in my prayers. What a fighter he is!!! He is lucky to have a mom like you, who loves him so much, on his side.

Logan

Sue I am so sorry to hear this. Killian has certainly been through more than his share of suffering. I can't offer much other than prayer and he will be bumped to the top of the prayer list. I know this is also hard on you so I shall put you up there with him.

Brave Killian

Dear Killian, brave, beautiful, Killian. It breaks my heart to read your Mommy's report. You know sweet boy, I love you like one of my own and Star and Cody couldn't have a better fur pal. Now I know you've had to be so brave and fight so hard for so long, and I know it's a lot to ask, but I'm asking you to try and fight yet again and win this battle. I know you are in the best of hands, and you couldn't have a more loving, devoted and caring Mommy and vet. I wish that love along could cure you. But I want you to know that there are so many people all over the world who love you and are praying that you will be feeling better very soon. We love you Killian...You are never out of our thoughts and prayers. Love, kisses, hugs, slurpy licks from your bestest pals, Aunt Sandra, Cutey Cody and Star***Shine. And Killian, tell your Mommy I'm going to write her.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you all for your great encouragement. Killian is a fighter and he loves life, so we will fight another battle! I just worry because the meds that are necessary to fight this are harmful to his liver. We will be cautious. On the good note, the meds should make him eat more! At least we built up extra weight on him from the winter, so it won't hurt too much to have lost some weight.

He is a fighter and so am I. We're giving this our best shot!!

Thank you, Sandra, for the wonderful information.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Poor Killi,
    We are all sending you lots of good thoughts
    and prayers that you will be ok.

----<---<--<{(@

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry sweet, dear Killian has yet one more health problem. If love alone, yours and ours, could cure him, he'll be always well. For now, we would have to trust the vet and our prayers
    for his quick and complete recovery.
    My second Golden, Irina, also had an autoimmune disease and she had two biopsies, but she didn't have liver problems to complicate the picture so I can't be of much help with that.
    Many gentle hugs to you both.
    Alicia

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Originally posted by Albea
    My second Golden, Irina, also had an autoimmune disease and she had two biopsies, but she didn't have liver problems to complicate the picture so I can't be of much help with that.
    Many gentle hugs to you both.
    Alicia
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. Did Irina have a form of pemphigus? Were the biopsies tissue samples? Did she have any scrapings?
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

This is just terrible news. I want you to know that I am praying hard for Killian to get better from both the auto immune problem and the liver disease. He is a fighter and if anyone can do it, it is him!

Hugs to both Sue and Killian for strength to carry on the fight necessary to win this battle!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Poor Killi Sue, I am so sorry to hear that even more trials have come Killi and your way. I am sorry that I have no knowledge and advice to share, all I can offer is love, positive thoughts and prayers for the both of you, and these I send in abundance

Hugs
    Chris