Thread: Poor sweet Biddy

Poor sweet Biddy

He's having a pee-pee problem. I assumed a UTI, but the urinalysis tells us otherwise. Triple phosphate crystals, and a lot of them.

So even though he has been eating c/d, I do mix it with other dry foods (GOOD foods, but I try to mix with something less expensive.) Now he will eat strictly the c/d! And I have some medicine for him too (and to be honest, I couldn't tell you what it is suppose to do )

Hopefully he will be as good as new VERY soon.

Recently, someone told me her cat has to stay on a diet food to avoid crystals; that the regular version is too prone to crystal formation. Her vet told her it didn't really matter if it was a good food or an excellent one, just to stay on the low cal version. Hmm. Hadn't heard that before.

Here's hoping and praying that sticking to the c/d will help.

Get well, Biddy! I hope the food works out okay, and Biddy feels better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope that he gets well soon. I know that Storm seems to also get the struvite crystals if he doesn't eat his prescription food. Right now he's been refusing to eat his wet food so I've been mixing it with Innova Evo wet and Felidae Chicken & Rice wet with added water for more moisture. He'll still eat his dry food most of the time.

Norton sends a get well message to Biddy, since he had the same thing around Easter!!! Prayers to get well soon to Biddy!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Biddy will be in my thoughts. Get better!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Poor little Biddy - I hope he'll be better soon! Isn't he supposed to eat S/D which dissolve the crystals? He may even like it, as it's contains more fat and is therefore tastier.

Get better, Biddy!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Awe... Poor Biddy!! Hope he gets better soon! Was he trying to outdo other others by getting some kind of "triple" crystal and not just a single or double?!

How is Biddy...or have I missed another thread?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

No update yet, actually, because he needs a re-test urinalysis before I will know anything.

But he seems to feel ok.

I found out that the medication is a urine acidifier.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about Biddy having a problem. I hope the medicine is doing the trick.

Get well Biddy!

From Decker with Love

You sure have your hands full, don't ya? Here's hoping that Biddy is doing better and is on the mend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    You sure have your hands full, don't ya?
    You don't know that half of it. SIGH.

Oh No not Biddy White Whisker!
    We are sad that Our Tuxedo Friend is having problems and All of Us at The Found Cat Paradise Hotel are sending All Our Paryers that the White Coats can help Biddy be well.
    Thats too sad when bad things happen to such Nice Companions.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS