Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bali Bombings

Bali Bombings

I think that it would be good if us PetTalkers acknowledged the bombings in Bali this weekend that have killed hundreds of Australians, as well as some British and New Zealand citizens. This was a horrible attack, and I think we should show them the same respect and encouragement that so many people showed us Americans during 9-11.

I hope everyone is well and unaffected by this tragedy.

I totally agree. It's been on the news here a lot because two Canadians were injured and one is still missing (I think.. I saw the news report a while ago) so I have heard quite a bit about it. It's so very sad

You're right, it is tragic. I am praying for the victims, the missing, and their families. What an appaling occurance.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Here here. One local football team lost seven members and one newly-married woman lost most of her family and wedding party.

The latest word is that the Australian Government received intelligence re the attacks two weeks ago but didn't issue a warning ...
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

It is so sad. Scary, yes, but sad, so many people, so horrible a death, and so pointless. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.

Oh my, so sad. I hadn't even heard about this, but I will be thinking of all the ones that have been lost & their families.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

It makes me so sad ... ! This was especially done to kill as much foreigners as possible .. ! This is so terrible for tourism in Indonesia too ; those people live from this !!

My special thoughts go to all the people who are killed or injured and to their families !

Soledad, you are so right! Australia was right beside us after 9/11 and I recall being deeply moved by their compassion. At the time I had friends vacationing in Australia and everyone they met had a kind and consoling word for Americans.

These bombings are so senseless and so many innocent people have lost their lives. The horror of these events is almost more than the mind can take in.

How can the world be breeding such hate?

I offer my prayers and condolences to Australians and all other nations that have lost souls in this senseless bombing. I also have compassion for Indonesia because, as Lut said, tourism is their livelihood.

you are so right!

It's terrible! I still never understand how anyone can do these things....

They will all be in my prayers.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

It just sickens me that people are so incredibly heartless. Soledad...that was an excellent suggestion. I guess terrorism knows no boundaries. I'm so sorry for the people who lost family members. Also, there were 2 Americans also. It truly is an international tragedy.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

It is also important...

that we realise that Australia lost just as many citizens in this attack in proportion to their population, as the American loss from 9-11. This is a huge attack against them, and though other nationalities were involved, it was most likely meant for the people of Australia. I wish that there was more coverage about this in America, as I don't think it's fair that people don't know about this but everyone knows about 9-11. We're all interrelated these days.

It really is an terrible thing. There were 33 Brits feared killed, but there were three people from here in Wales who, thankfully, were able to come out alive and not badly hurt.
    Here is a story about them
    Bali blast hero plays down role
    And this is the latest news from the BBC online.
    Bali bombings

14. Just this morning as I was reading the newspaper coverage of the bombing in Bali I asked the same question...where is the outrage???? Unfortunately to paraphrase "all politics are local" it tends to be that the closer to home the greater the outrage.

This bombing, the attack on the French tanker, all work to reinforce (one hopes) the idea that no man is an island.

Soledad, my heartfelt sympathies are with the people of Australia, all the familes affected by this horror, victims of senseless violence (is there any other kind???) everywhere.

Edwina

One of the things that really feed my desire to be a journalist is the horrendous lack of information given to the average person. The fact that this is so lacking in coverage is irresponsible and sickening. It is unfortunate that the media has decided that the American people do not care, and has neglected this story at the expense of having ad naseum coverage of the sniper. This sort of thing does not make our country look good, and it is sad, because Americans are extremely generous and caring people. Too bad the media doesn't see things the same way.