Thread: Has any one used Jonny Cat KatKit?

Has any one used Jonny Cat KatKit?

Cat people, I have a question: have any of you ever used the KatKit that Jonny Cat makes? It's a disposable pan pre-filled with their regular clay litter. I'm house-sitting next week and I was thinking of picking up one of these instead of taking Cassie's regular box and litter. If you've used it, did you like it? I know I'd still have to scoop it like her litter pan, but the incentive to throw the whole thing away when the house-sitting stint ends is a biggie.

http://www.jonnycat.com/products_katkit.php

Thanks!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I used it when I first brought Loki home. It is definitely a temporary fix. not sure how long you are cat sitting for, but I wouldnt use it for more than a week, as the cat will detroy it. But for what i needed it for, it was definitely worth it!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Four days, start Sunday and they'll be home Wednesday
    I'm just being a slacker - I really don't want to tote the box and litter along with the scoop, food and dishes, a few toys, blankie and of course ... rascal fur-child who is probably going to hide under Grandma's sofa for the whole time we house-sit.

Critter Crazy, I ADORE the far left photograph in your signature, the one where the kitty is giving a rub to the person's hand ... the look on the kitty's face is so dear! I'd also like to give a big hug to the dog on the right. The middle two -I have to switch from computer glasses to bifocal to enjoy.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Four days, they'll be home Wednesday
    I'm just being a slacker - I really don't want to tote the box and litter along with the scoop, food and dishes, a few toys, blankie and of course ... rascal fur-child who is probably going to hide under Grandma's sofa for the whole time we house-sit.

Critter Crazy, I ADORE the far left-hand photograph in your signature, the one where the kitty is giving a rub to the person's hand ... the look on the kitty's face is so dear!
    it should work fine for you for 4 days.

Thanks for your lovely comment on the photo, that was Loki's first day home, and that is my hand! he is just darling isnt he!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom

Four days ...

I'm just being a slacker -
    I really don't want to tote the box and litter along with the scoop ...
    rascal fur-child who is probably going to hide under Grandma's sofa
    for the whole time we house-sit.
    Is it worth the "risk"?

Kats take a pretty dim view of "changes" ...
    just going to GranMom's House will prolly be a stretch of her good nature ...
    being given a whole "new" Bathroom may be too much ...

You don't want her making damp spots in the corners of GranMom's rugs!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Tidy Cats makes a similar item, I have used that. You need to remember that clay litter is not meant for scooping. You only get the tootsie rolls out, not the pee; so smell can build up. One cat, 4 days, it should work. IF the cat uses it, as someone suggested. I use Tidy Cat scoopable normally, and my cats adapted to the disposable with no problems the time I needed it.

It's working okay so far. I added a little of her "old" litter for the familiar scent. Critter Crazy I see what you mean about how long it (doesn't) last. But I think just for this short stint it will be okay. She likes looking out of the window at the bird feeder.

Glad it is working, and the kitty is using it!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Well, she would be happiest if you all were our guests and able to give her pettings, play with her favorite toys with her, give her a cat treat every now and again, and take naps with her on "her" blanket. I, her staff, would feed her and attend to the cat box. But she's pretty content looking out the window at the trees and snow.