Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This recent PT development is gonna drive me crazy...

This recent PT development is gonna drive me crazy...

Since that thread that got into pictures and how many and how big and so on and so on, there has been a new development that is going to quickly drive me batty. Now when a lot of people post pictures, it is with comments like "I hope they aren't too small" "I hope they aren't too big" "I hope I didn't post too many" "I hope I'm not annoying anyone with these" and so on. I hate this! I want people to just go with their hearts. No not EVERYONE will always be satisfied with size, amount, frequency, etc., but this is making it almost depressing to look at new picture threads. It feels like many people are just discouraged and unsure of what they should do now. I'm sure plenty are discouraged from posting any at all and will be for awhile.

I personally would really like to see the Pet Talk back that was before "the thread." I think what is going on now is worse than any minor annoyance or inconvenience some people may have felt over the photo issue. I'd much rather people did not worry about who they might annoy when they want to share their precious babies.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Edit: I didn't read the thread & I take back everything., now that I know what the thread was really about.. opps.
    Last edited by kingrattus; 08-25-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Re: This recent PT development is gonna drive me crazy...

Originally posted by K9soul
    It feels like many people are just discouraged and unsure of what they should do now.
    I sure am.

To many? To little? To big? To small? To many that look the same? Is someone going to tell me I shouldn't have posted these "uselss" pictures?.To me it seems like the fun of posting pictures is gone and it's become like everything else in life - stressful and a hassle.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I must have missed the thread.

Was it deleted? Could someone sum it up for me?

I am never unsure of the size. I usually make it around 300 x 400 pixels.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=56770

It wasnt deleted. it was just bumped to the 2nd page.

I am oh so sorry to have started the thread in the first place i will delete it.

Yes i was being a smart *Censored* in the photo thread i just posted in dog general, i remember so-one posting "If the photos are too small i wont bother looking".

Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I never got that out of anything said on "the thread" - especially after the originator of the thread cleared up what she meant. It almost feels as though people posting pictures are taking potshots at those who agreed with "the thread" originator... I've used the same tactic with my mom, taking a suggestion of hers, going overboard with it to guilt her into rescinding what she originally said.

No one said not to post any pictures. No one said to make them as small as an avatar. All that was said was that it seemed that posts with pictures got more response than those without, when those threads without could be/are just as important as any other.

C'mon people, stop being so silly and just post like you always did. Just keep in mind making things a little easier for those with dial-up, and realize that just because a thread may not have pictures in them, they are still worthy of reading and responding to. That's all.

Its gone!
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I AGREE with Samantha Puppy!!

That thread isn't going to make me feel bad about posting pictures. It shouldn't make anyone feel bad. There were some suggestions given by people on slower modems/older computers, but that is up to you to decide if you would like to take those suggestions or not.

Until Karen and Paul put a limit on picture posting, we can decide how we want to do it ourselves. You'd probably get more views and replies if you made your pics a bit smaller and posted only 10-15 then a link to the rest of the album. But that is up to each individual poster. If you're going to post tons of huge pics in a thread, simply put a warning. Then it is up to everyone else if they want to look or not. I really don't understand why the other thread turned into such a battle of harbored resentment and negative feelings.

And as Par pointed out, people can always edit their options to show pictures as links so there will be no slowness loading the thread at all and you can pick and choose which ones you want to look at.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

It's not your fault Rhiannon, that wasn't even what your original thread was about at all. I don't even have a problem with people reminding us that not all have fast connections, and stating what would make it easier on them, but some of the posts seemed to get into calling people selfish and almost seemed mocking of how some people post pictures. I don't think the word "selfish" should ever have been brought into it, because that is very relative depending on each person's point of view.

On one side someone could say: You people who post tons of pictures are being selfish to those of us with slow connections. All you have to do is pick your favorites and give an album link, then problem is solved. It's easy and more considerate.

Other side could say: You people trying to make me feel bad about how many pictures I post are selfish. I enjoy sharing my pictures in a story format. It is just as easy for someone with slow internet to change pictures into links as it is for me to set up an album or they can just not click on my threads when I warn there are many pictures.

I sometimes go awhile without posting pictures and so when I do have a few saved up that I particularly want to share. As I said in the other thread, I will try to make them a managable size, not be too redundant, and warn if the thread will have more than usual.

Rhiannon, you may have been kind of sarcastic in how you posted that, but I know a lot of people really are feeling unsure on what they should do now. I hope people just take a deep breath, keep others in mind without being paranoid about all the specifics.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Is someone going to tell me I shouldn't have posted these "uselss" pictures?
    No one said they were useless .

And with that i am going to go snuggle in bed with Clover. Goodnight.

Originally posted by ...

Its gone! {DELETED}!

Well, thanks for deleting that discussion - NOT!

You know, a LOT of Good People made some Very GOOD Suggestions
    (and spent some valuable TIME putting their thoughts into words)
    in that thread!

All those CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions are now lost...

As for what that Thread was "supposed to be about"...
    Here's a line taken from the First Post of that thread >>>

"I actually prefer to READ about adventures etc
    than be bombarded with 100s of photos
    (I have Dial up and the photos take forever to load).

That Thread really didn't get very far Off Topic!

/s/ Phred

Thanks alot Phred . Who started the thread in the first place? yes me, so my choice to delete it.

Im outta her for a while, i can be reached by email.

I took a bunch of pictures yesterday of my dogs, something I really enjoy doing. It's a passion of mine. Now I feel I can't share them with people I have known and shared with for almost 4 or so years.
    Everything lately has made PT an uncomfortable place to come for many people.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Sorry, I'm not getting the "PT is an uncomfortable place" vibe. Never have. No one said anything about any threads being useless, no one said they didn't want people to post pictures. I think everyone's reading WAY too far into this whole thing!

Everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, stop taking everyone else's suggestions so freakin' personally and go on posting as usual.

Sheesh.