Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parents

Parents

My parents are fighting again.

I can't take this anymore.

I mean, they don't fight very often, but when they do, someone always storms away.

Well, tonight my mom was going to go out with some friends and she assumed my dad wasn't going cuz he was lying on the bed and watching TV. She asked him (again) if he was going and he goes, "For the HUNDRETH TIME, YES!

Then my mom gets all upset about something and my dad goes, "JUST GO." And so she left.

*sigh* Why can't I have a normal family?

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Re: Parents

Sometimes parents do not realize how much it hurts their
    children when they fight. (non-physical).
    I am not sure of your situation, but maybe you can talk
    to both your parents and let them know how much it hurts
    you and how much you love them both.

As long as they respect and love each-other very
    much, you need to rememeber parents are human and have their
    off days too.

----<---<--<{(@

oh but you do have a normal family. At least, in my perspective you do. I use to think my family was weird because we fight ALL the time, my dad even punched me twice. And I also wanted to charge him but didn't for some reason. The best you can do is just ignoring it, take a walk with the dog..and just do anything that'll take your mind off it. For me, I take a long walk with kai because walking for me is very stress relieving and sing to my favourite songs. If you really want, feel free to pm me.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

posted by binka_nugget:
    oh but you do have a normal family. At least, in my perspective you do. I use to think my family was weird because we fight ALL the time, my dad even punched me twice.>>>>>>>>

binka..... their is never an accuse for physical violence.
    I am sorry that your dad punched you.

----<---<--<{(@

thx kys well..I'm over it anyways. I got over it pretty fast, only because Kai was with me the whole time. My sister and brother hate him...so does my mom...ack...stupid messed up family..oh well as long as i have kai

Try dealing with the two I live.

My mom and her boyfriend.
    He's a sorry*** loser with no job.

She works her *** off.

*I* clean the house, do laundry, mow the lawn, blah, blah, blah, while he just sits around, watches TV and sleeps.

They don't talk. Him and I don't talk.
    He needs to leave.

Atleast you have a dad.

I had a great relationship with my dad until he got together with his girlfriend. We were okay for a while, but his girlfriend is about as big on responsibility as he is. He hasn't called me, and I haven't been to his house for seven months.

I left behind a rat kitten, two cats and a puppy. I stole Leather and gave her to my stepmom (his exwife).

My mom ran into him the other day, and he said that he's dissapointed that I haven't called him! I don't even have his frickin' phone number! gawd, he should get a clue!

My mom has contemplated sueing him becuase he doesn't pay child support. I hope she does.

As for fighting, my mom and I fight constantly. I'm suddenly big on explaining my feelings. It doesn't work much though When she tells me I'm stupid,. which is very often, I tell her that it hurts, and that it depresses me. I've even told before her that I want to kill myself (which I almost did when Timber was taken away from me, if I didn't have Frisco)(don't worry, I don't want to die anymore)....She just tells me that I shouldn't be so stupid and then I wouldn't be sad

Good luck, I know how you feel in most ways, I'm a teenager too...
    I've been BOO'd!

wolfsoul, yeah I hate that.

All of the insults from the parents. They act as if you've got no feelings. They don't seem to understand that it hurts. But oh well, I've learned, for the most part, to ignore it. I've got 2.5 years left of being a teenager.

I'm glad you don't want to die anymore. I used to be like that. Stayyyyy happppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, yeah, I hate it when they insult! It's so annoying! My dad always did, but he was just joking so it was fun. He's a great guy, he's exactly like me lol, so he's fun to talk to, but he just has no responsibility Like me..lol...But I'm still better heehee

When my mom insults me, she means it...it is annoying...

I still have 3.5 years left... lol, meh, whatever, I'll be out of grade ten in nine days
    I've been BOO'd!

yea suicide was a serious thought for me but I didn't do it cuz I had 2 great friends and I'm glad I didn't go through with it because I got kai shortly after. It's all a part of being a teen.

Yea it totally sucks when parents try to insult you and think they have the upper hand because they are older. Meh..I just insult them back..I know, not mature..but they weren't mature to start with. For my dad I've said: "Whatever I'm not going to listen to you. You're a fricken truck driver for god's sake. You didn't even graduate so don't waste my time. I'm trying to live a better life." and even better..he's becoming a taxi driver too! LOl...I find it funny that the only jobs he's ever had involved delivering things (people or products). For my mom I've said.."Yea well whatever. You're just mad because you're going through a middle life crises...wanting tatoos, trying to lose alot of weight, wanting liposuction and other surgeries..whatever".

Tsk tsk..I'm such an aweful child..oh well..I still love them

Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

*sigh* Why can't I have a normal family?
    Fighting can be very hard on kids, I know im a kid myself but My friends parents are going through a diviorce and I am always hearing them fight and seeing the stress on her. You said they dont fight much...personally thats really really good. Everyone fights, its not good but it happens time after time. It can be stressful, scary and horrible to go through....if you need to talk let me know

**By the way I've reasearched, there is no such thing as a "normal" family...if there was this world would be boring, and as if we dont get bored enough...

Sweetie i think what u described, the fight between your parents, is very normal, unfortunately parents dont always realise the emotional damage it does to their kids to c them fighting in front of them.
    We are all human and even parents make mistakes, and we dont all get along 100 per cent of the time.
    Sorry its so hard on you, i am an oldie now, and my parents still fight, even though i dont live at home, i get phone calls about it all the time, and the pressure i feel being stuck in the middle is enormous.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

my dad even punched me twice.

I'm over it anyways. I got over it pretty fast
    I just want to say, that you should not just "get over it" I mean, hitting is never ok, by a parent or anyone else as you get older, don't accept that. never. I had a friend that used to put up with that, it was terrible. I just wanted to tell you that, it is not acceptable, and you should not let anyone treat you bad.
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 06-07-2003 at 02:54 AM.

oh don't worry..well I'm not like sad or anything anymore...but I haven't really gotten over it (i used the wrong words earlier). I hate him more now...he's always been a bad father...he doesn't even know how old we are. I'm just happy that he smokes and drinks because it's just killing him faster...arg...

I guess I'm really lucky that my parents have never hurt me in any way and fights are not too common around here. My parents love eachother and my whole family is pretty close. I guess its a thing I take for granted. Ash, I was really shocked when you said your dad punched you. That's terrible. What a jerk. When my parents are in a bad mood, I try to avoid them because I know a fight is gonna happen. I'm not saying that we are all this one big happy family like on 7th heaven or something, but fights are not so common and I'm pretty happy with the way things are. I also used to feel a bit suicidal. I had lost all my closest friends (except for one)and they were all talking bad about me and it seemed like everyone hated me. I was having fights with people online and I just hated everything about myself. Then I broke down and cried and cried and cried. My parents and my sister especially, helped me out through everything. Just hang in there. Take a deep breath and don't do anything stupid. Maybe you can see your school guidance counselor about your parents. Or talk to your parents. I know it probably isn't that easy but you haven't got anything to lose.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road