Thread: Odd thing

Odd thing

Ruby has started doing the oddest thing.

It is cold and rainy here at the moment, so at night, if she needs to go to the toilet, she is going just outside the back door and doing her business on the step!!!

Never did this before. Any ideas on how to correct her? I don't catch her in the act ........ only see it in the morning.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Teddy does that too! Sometimes when he's feeling lazy, he'll go on my doormat. I watch him while he goes, and I tell him no and take him to the grass. We are still working on that problem though.

Tonee (RB) cocker did it all the time. She hated walking in the grass if it was too tall or wet or even damp with dew. Once I opened the door for her, she put her head out and peed right in the house on the door way. I miss her terribly... pee and all.
    RIP my sweet sweet blond girl.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Glad she is "normal" ....... but Captain never did this, and he HATES walking in the long grass, (actually, sometimes I think he hates walking on grass period).
    Will have to TAKE her OUT at night before I go to bed I guess ...
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

DON'T FEEL BAD....

Angus is so lazy sometimes, he pees on the porch

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

dont worry our penny does it aswell, alot latly as it has been freezing and wet so there is no way she will go all the way to the wet grass *silly lazy girl*
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Kito HATES the wet grass--in our old apartment, he used to go out on the porch sometimes, after being walked outside in the rain for an hour
    He seems to be adapting well now though, but he does get stubborn about going potty when the grass is wet!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Thanks guys for all the responses ......... glad she is not really abnormal ............ just LAZY!!!!
    M!

Neither of mine mind the cold or snow, but if it's raining, forget it! They just turn around and run back in the house and hold it!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I wonder if you put something like a blanket of theirs or a food dish/water dish where he has been going....they don't tend to go potty where they eat or sleep?

Just a thought!