Thread: Max got sick?

Max got sick?

I noticed that last night Max did not eat his dinner. He was out of his crate all day and was probably tired. Didn't think too much of it. So this morning, after I got in the shower and got dressed I saw a pile of "vomit". Max had puked, any suggestions?? He hasn't goen to the bathroom(#2), since early last evening?

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant

If he is not eating than nothing is going to come out. Is he still drinking? IS he lethargic? How is his attitude other than the vomit? If there are any changes I would get him to the vets.
    Is it a hot day? On hot days my dogs do not eat as much. How old is he? Anything changed at all, his diet, excesize etc..?

Personally I have a 3 day rule, as long as they eat some, drink normal & act fine I give them 3 days till a vet visit (unless it is onbviouslly needed).
    Hope he gets better!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I agree with lv4dogs. How is his attitude? Since he was out of his crate, have you noticed anything missing that he could have eaten (socks, toys etc) that could be causing a problem or blockage? Give him a couple of days unless you think he amy have eaten something he shouldn't have.

Thanks for the help. His attitude is fine and when I came home for lunch he ate and drank normal. It's not hot today was the first day it hit 80. I thought I lived in Seattle :confused there for a minute. Anyways, I was just concerned beacuse he vomited so much. I will keep an eye on him and we are going to the vet on Friday for a few more shots and get his Mange checked to make sure it is all gone: . And I assume that for health reasons I should get Max nuetered. My poor little buddy. Is 200 bucks a lot for that. I know my sister paid 100 dollars for her dog, who was Max's real brother.
    ps.How did you get the cool signatures??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant

Congrats on getting him neutered! $200.00 is a bit pricey if it is JUST the neutering, but if it includes any bloodwork/tests or something else than it is fairly reasonable. In any case its cheaper than raising a bunch of pups & worth it by saving unwanted litters!
    Glad he is feeling better! Maybe he just felt a little under the weather that day.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

yep you should definately get max neutered asap. There are small risks..but the problems you are avoiding by getting him neutered far outweigh the risk. I guess $200 isn't horrible wait...you're in the US...hmm...well I'm not sure how much things down there are. But I guess that's alright. Around here, it's about 100-150ish canadian although I think it's cheaper from the spca places

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

$200.00 is not too pricey in our area down here, if it includes pre-surgical bloodwork and a couple of days boarding. Chester had a nice 3 day 2 night getaway when he was snipped.