Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey your right they do grow up so fast!!!

Hey your right they do grow up so fast!!!

Flatcoatluver got me thinking about the chickens i have!! they are now 6 weeks old as well!! here they are!!!
    their first day home!!

And here thay are today!!!!

ha ha ha!! my rooster, little man flew into the dogs dish!!! silly guy he has no idea how bad that could be!!

arent they so cute!!!!! theya re realy starting to get a hang of the whole flying thing. but i have yet to catch it on film!! they seem to be camera shy!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Aww! They went from being adorable little fluff-balls to being such beautifully-developed chickens!

Ha ha ha ha ha!! hubby sya they are in their vulture looking stage!! he can be so mean!! i think they are just adorable!! I play with them all the time, hoping when they are older they will be nice chickens!! i have run into too many mean chickens on farms, and i dont want that!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

They look great!! Are you going to be putting them outside? Do they do their busness all over your carpet??
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    They look great!! Are you going to be putting them outside? Do they do their busness all over your carpet??
    Yes they will be going out side in two weeks right now they are in a huge brooder box in my basement!! and yes if i let them run around they will poop!! thank god my basement floor is concrete!! he he he he he!!!! just takes a swipe with a mop and we are good!! they are going to have a huge coop, my hubby built!! he is so good to me!! gonna kind of miss walking downstairs and not hearing the pretty tweet tweets!!! by the way we have a total of 21! 20 hens and 1 rooster!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

they are so cute! i bet you can't wait to start getting aggs from them!

i miss my chickies!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Yes they will be going out side in two weeks right now they are in a huge brooder box in my basement!! and yes if i let them run around they will poop!! thank god my basement floor is concrete!! he he he he he!!!! just takes a swipe with a mop and we are good!! they are going to have a huge coop, my hubby built!! he is so good to me!! gonna kind of miss walking downstairs and not hearing the pretty tweet tweets!!! by the way we have a total of 21! 20 hens and 1 rooster!!
    Wow that's a lot of chickens!! I do hope you post pictures of the coop!! I'm sure they will love being outdoors!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

*tear**tear* Oh man, they do grow up fast

HA HA HA You guys are so great!! I will post pics of the coop, as soon as hubby finishes the last final touches!! he is putting in the nesting boxes right now!! I am so excited!! and yes i cant wait till they start laying eggs!! If you cant tell these are my very first chickens!! I wanted to get guinea hens, but hubby said we should start with chickens first, then move to some guineas!! woo hoo!!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

They're awesome! I can't wait to get my chickens. I'll hopefully be getting them next spring.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Awww! They sure do grow up fast! The 50 chicks I bought can already fly and they look like mini chickens! Our chicks we incubated not too long ago already have most there feathers.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    Awww! They sure do grow up fast! The 50 chicks I bought can already fly and they look like mini chickens! Our chicks we incubated not too long ago already have most there feathers.

wow!!! 50 chickens!!!! and i thought i had my hands full!!! I am sure life will slow down alot once mine finally make it outside!!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    wow!!! 50 chickens!!!! and i thought i had my hands full!!! I am sure life will slow down alot once mine finally make it outside!!!
    Lol! I'm sure it will. Our chicks stay in the basment for about 4 weeks then they stay in the tack room in a little caged in spot until they can fly. Then they rule the whole tack room... when we think they are ready, they go with the other poultry.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

wow how fast.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I didn't realize chickens grow up so quickly! That makes me feel terrible for the chicks at the petting zoo in Fort Wayne. They must only be a week or so old! Some children are NOT very nice to them, and there isn't anyone employed by the zoo observing them.

Sorry, rant. Your chickens sure have grown!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!