Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all woman that are or have been pregnant

To all woman that are or have been pregnant

I was just curious and thought it would interesting to find out.....

What food TOTALLY turned you off and made you sick to your stomach during your pregnancy?

I cannot STAND chicken. I dont' know what it is. I can't stand the smell of it cooking... I hate the way it tastes... hate the way it looks.... it just totally grosses me out right now lol.

But that is the only thing I can't stand to eat right now and I haven't had any real cravings yet.

What food did you hate?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Haha, I am NOT pregnant nor have I ever been pregnant, but chicken totally disgusts me. Just thought I'd share my detest for chicken and turkey. No one understands why it grosses me out so, but jeez, it's NASTY!!
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

With Tyler I couldn't stand the smell or taste of anything minty!! I found out that I was pregnant with him while visiting the family in Ohio and on the flight back to Japan my flight attendant reeked of peppermint!!! It was probably just a nice peppermint lotion but at the time I wanted to slug her

Hmm with this baby I think the only food aversion that I have had so far is an aversion to the smell of ketchup. I LOVE the taste of ketchup and drown my french fries or chicken nuggets (sorry!) in it but I can't stand the smell of it if I don't put it away RIGHT after eating!!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    With Tyler I couldn't stand the smell or taste of anything minty!! I found out that I was pregnant with him while visiting the family in Ohio and on the flight back to Japan my flight attendant reeked of peppermint!!! It was probably just a nice peppermint lotion but at the time I wanted to slug her

Hmm with this baby I think the only food aversion that I have had so far is an aversion to the smell of ketchup. I LOVE the taste of ketchup and drown my french fries or chicken nuggets (sorry!) in it but I can't stand the smell of it if I don't put it away RIGHT after eating!!
    HAHA that is funny. I can't say I have any wierd aversions like that yet

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Eggs! The smell of eggs, the sight of eggs, made me throw up. I will never forget that. Yuck!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

ARE YOU KIDDING ...for me it was what did not make me sick. I was sick from the sixth week until 8 months, morning, noon and night. Two things that stayed down were KFC mashed potatos and gravy and slurpies I could not even keep down chicken soup!!

I couldn't stand chicken either (or turkey). That went away about half way through my pregnancy though, now I can eat chicken again. Before getting pregnant chicken was the main thing we ate. We ate fish once or twice a week and then chicken the rest of the week. We never ate beef or pork. Since I was unable to eat chicken we started eating beef and a little pork (only ham though as that's the only pork I can stand). I could eat eggs too, so we often had eggs for supper.

One evening, a few days before I found out I was pregnant, we were headed home from my sister's house and I had a horrible headache. We had over an hour before we would be home and Justin thought eating something might help my headache, so he pulled into Checkers and got me a chicken sandwich. The sandwich was hot and fresh, but totally turned my stomach, I couldn't eat it. It was the oddest thing because I LOVE checkers chicken sandwiches. Two days later I took a pregnancy test it explained the aversion to chicken!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

ohh.... why did you have to go and mention slurpies... if only I had the car today I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for a blue raspberry Icee right about now!! The closest place that sells them is over a mile away and I am far too pregnant to walk that distance with my little man in tow
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Hmmm...when I was pregnant I never had morning sicness, nor did any food disgust me. But I did have a strange craving for Oatmeal!! I normally cannot stand oatmeal, but when I was pregnant I was eating it 2-3 times a day!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

During my first trimester with Emma, I could not eat meat! During the second trimester, I started eating meat again. With Sierra, I didn't hate any foods.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I hated CHICKEN and Potatoes!!!! I loved tomatoes with miracle whip and my son now hates tomatoes (so weird).... I always got really sick from the school food, ( I was in 12th grade when I got pregant) the only thing I could eat at school was hotdogs, salad bar and the pasta bar... I hated seasoned french fries also!!! and puked when I got a Gryo(spelling) at a fair once and that was the only time I threw up being pregnant from what I remember.

I couldn't get enough Arthur Treachers Fish & Chips. I LOVED it!!! Put popcorn or Pillsbury Sticky Buns in front of me and I'd hurl.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Nothing turned me off but I CRAVED like mad...

With Eddie, I couldn't get enough strawberries or greens, (turnip, mustard, collards).. I ate them all the time!

With the twins I craved oranges, couldn't get enough of them. OH, and I could not go get groceries, every time I tried, I'd get half way through and get sick and have to throw up. Euck!

With the last one, I craved the smell of MINT! They had this cleaning stuff (like pine sol) that I used on everything all day just for the smell of it....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Ground beef--especially hamburgers. Thankfully, I seem to be past that point and actually ate a hamburger this week. The smell of English peas still gets to me. (I never have liked the taste of them anyway.)

Oh I hated being pregnant my once slim trim body is not so nice anymore. Pregnany just ruined it for good. My once nice flat stomach, gone, perky you know whats, not any more. I think babies should be grown in test tubes and you should have to pass a test to order one. My friends all feel the same.
    However one very interesting thing about cravings is that what ever I craved was what that child loved later on in life. With my first it was strawberry icecream and oranges, Mike loves that. With Ian it was Oodles of Noodles, it's his favorite food now, with Alicia it was candy and hamburgers with extra mayo, pickles and onions and that is how she loves hers.