Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bei-jing not doing well/update some test results

Bei-jing not doing well/update some test results

I know I have not posted in a while about Bei-jing, she has not been doing really well at all, she hates the new dog, hisses and bites and scratches at, he can not get anywhere near her. We have done everything that has been advised by the vet and anyone else. She was urinating all over the bed and we thought it was due to being ticked off about the dog. We changed everything made sure she was with us in our room on a regular basis, yesterday it finally hit me when i saw her laying on my bed, she is starting to loose control of her bladder, she has been missing the litter box for a while when she goes pooh, but i just contributed that to getting older, she is 14 yrs old now. She has an apprt Sat morning at 10 am with her vet, I am so worried that she is starting to get to that point where she might have to be put down, I will if I have to but God knows how much I dont want to!!!!!
    Please say some prayers for her that its just the dog and she might need some meds.
    thanks to all of you.
    Last edited by kallisto4529; 06-27-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Oh, I'm sorry. Prayers going out that it can be easily remedied.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Marti I am sooo sorry to hear this!! Let's not give up hope on Bei-Jing yet. 14 is actually not too old for a cat (at least that's what I like to tell myself). I wish I could be there with you in person through this.
    Please give me a call if you need to talk!!
    (((LOTS OF HUGS!!!)))
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that the vet will be able to help her. Please continue to keep us updated.

Thank you all for the kind words. I just can help thinking that if I had not wanted another dog so badly and brought Reilly into the house, she would be ok, i feel like I have done this to her and just made her life miserable.
    I will let all of you know how she does.
    thanks again

Marti, please do not feel like this is your fault for getting Reilly. Yes, it might have stressed her out a bit, but she is used to dogs. I can't see it making her sick (let me say, at least I hope not). Ticked at you, yes, but not sick.
    Taz was 10 when we got Zoee (and she has only gotten along with one dog in his life....my mom's min pin) and he just hid when he didn't want her near him. Oh, and he gave us dirty looks often.
    Again, you, Bei-Jing, Hubby and Reilly will ALL be in my thoughts until I hear how it went at the vet....and even after.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The vet said that incontinence in a cat is very rare, so monday we have to drop her off for the day, they are going to get a urine sample, blood sample and some x-rays to see if she has any problems with her kidneys or thyroid and to see if maybe she has some severe arthritis. If she comes back ok from those, more than likely she is going to put her on a light dose anxiety pill to help her with the stress of the new dog and to get her over the hump. She said it could be the arthritis or it could be just the stress from Reilly, the vet thinks she is over doing it when it comes to Reilly, especially after i explained how he is with her and how he is with the cat's at daycare.
    So so far great news, she really does not think she is going to find anything going on with her really, she is eating and drinking fine and has not lost any weight. so we shall see how it goes. I was so proud of her, she was so good!!!!!!
    Thanks again for the support, I really appreciate it.

You and Bei-jing are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Whew!! That's great that she thinks it is something that can be fixed. See I told ya! You guys will still be in my thoughts until we are 100% in the clear.

If all checks out physically - YAY! - then would you consider having Nancy the pet psychic do a reading on her? That might help!

Prayers for beautiful Taz!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Nancy the pet psychic???? I have never heard of her. How does this work, what are the prices?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=129218

This is one of Nancy's latest readings in Cat General...PM the poster for Nancy's email addy...can't recall it offhand. Her full name is Nancy Efrusy. You'll get a sense of her prices when you read the thread. She doesn't want money up front, and has reduced her prices or even not charged in certain cases.

Check it out.

Well the vet ran test today on Bei-jing, still waiting on bloodwork, but the only thing they have found so far wrong is severe arthritis in her tail area, and they gave us some medicine, its more like joint care then meds, she gets two twice a day. So i am very glad, i know she is 14 but i was not ready for my little girl to go anywhere just yet.

I hope the supplements help and that she feels more comfy soon!

You know I am here for you, and Bei-Jing, and Reilly!!!