Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Foster/Permanant Resident ;)

New Foster/Permanant Resident ;)

So now we have 3! So I find this little old (13-15 yrs old) Shih Tzu living in a cage at a veterinarian's office for the last 2 months and of course I had to bring her home with me. She was found as a stray and brought into the clinic by one of their regular clients. She's very thin and needs to gain some weight (shouldn't be a problem in this house!), but is otherwise healthy. She's had what’s left of her teeth cleaned and a complete blood work up done. She has been spayed and seems to be a happy-go-lucky kind of a girl.
    Needless to say, hubby isn’t too thrilled, but when he heard about her living in a cage, not even a kennel, he said ok. She's not much to look at, but very sweet. She doesn't like the camera but I got a couple of her! I’m sure she’ll be living out the rest of her senior years here with us.
    Chester and Millie are not too happy with her, but she seems to be running the show so far!

Anyone have any name suggestions? I’ve been calling her Granny.

Here she is:

she's so adorable! I'm very glad that she gets to spend her time in a wonderful home with loving people rather than a cage. As for name suggestions, I have a couple. I found the name Aneko which is a japanese name meaning older sister. I thought it kinda suited her. Another one I thought was pretty cool was the name Lakin. It's an african-american name meaning found treasure. Those are kinda...more unique names...some fun names I thought of using for kai were skittles, pogo, chip and Keiko (we thought we were getting a girl). Can't wait to hear more about this lovely girl!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Great pics! Is it just the pics, or her colour or something that makes her look like she carries schnauzer?

Here are some names I found

Sindri - means either "small, trivial" or else "sparkling" in Old Norse

Sayuri - Means "small lily" in Japanese.

Perdita - Derived from Latin perditus meaning "lost".

Anima - Means "soul, spirit" in Latin

Zoe - Means "life" in Greek.

Nova - Recently coined name from Latin novus "new". This name can also mean "butterfly chaser" (Native American).

Sterling - Means "little star" in Middle English

Good luck!
    I've been BOO'd!

Re: New Foster/Permanant Resident ;)

Originally posted by micki76

Anyone have any name suggestions? I’ve been calling her Granny.

I love that name!! Oh how sweet she is and bless you for taking her in. I'm sure she is happy now that she can stretch her legs a little! I'm looking forward to more stories and pictures!!

How cute! I like the name "Grannny"!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh, she's adorable! I like the name Granny!

micki, you angel! Thank you so MUCH for taking this girl. Most of my foster dogs end up being geriatric ones with bad health too. Their options are SO limited, its very sad Thank you so much for posting pics of the precious girl, she's darling! I would love to give her a big kiss on the lips.

I'll be thinking of names.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

You are such an angel for taking in a dog that old...Aly is right, they don't have many options. It was so great of you to take her in! I think Granny suits her!
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Great pics! Is it just the pics, or her colour or something that makes her look like she carries schnauzer?
    No schnauzer, just a very old dog. I'm sure she used to be much darker, since her behind is almost black. She's mostly grey on the head.
    We're still calling her Granny. Actually I've been calling her Na Na. As in Sha Na Na. I knew someone who called their grandma that and it works for now. My husband likes Ashley's suggestion of Aneko. And I like Jordan's Sayuri, so we may have to go with something altogether different.
    Oh, yes and she LOVES my husband. She likes me too, but apparantly he walks on water as far as she's concerned.

You can see her silver head better in this pic:

Great that you have a Shih Tzu now!!! Shih Tzu are great! They are very playful and loving!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Awww great pic. Isn't she snug as a bug in a rug?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

My vote is Granny! That name suites her well. I am happy to hear that you are giving her a home. A cage is no place to spend your last years!

Thank you for taking in this beautiful babe!!! She is very fortunate to have you both to live out the rest of her days with. I also like the name Granny - seems to fit her. I'm sure Millie and Chester will adjust to having a big sister to boss them around pretty quickly. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to your entire brood.

Oohhh Wow!! That's really special of you to take Granny! I love that name, too! I think it fits perfectly. She's a cute one!

What a pretty dog she is! Congrats on the new edition! How kind of you to take her in.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa