Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaige to be in an audition for a commercial. Ideas needed!

Kaige to be in an audition for a commercial. Ideas needed!

There is a contest being held 1/28/06 for a local pet store (actually they have multiple locations). They are looking for cute pets for their next commercial.

They can just be cute, or know how to do cute or astounding or stupid tricks. Or just pets that are dressed up or pets that just have the looks.

I know Kaige is cute ( ) but I think he'd have more of a chance if he knew a cool trick.
    I was thinking of teaching him the hold an object in his mouth trick. Do you think that can be taught in 2 weeks time?
    Or any other ideas?
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 01-16-2006 at 01:31 PM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

what is the commercial about?? the store?? some items related?? maybe you can get a better shot if yo had an idea what they have in mind, but Kaige is such a looker, he only needs to snooze for a trick LOL, but he is indeed soooo cute he´ll do great I KNOW, WE KNOW......

what does kaige already know how to do??
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I just want to wish you and Kaige good luck. I know you will come up with something great. Can he just sit there and look cute?
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom
    what is the commercial about?? the store?? some items related?? maybe you can get a better shot if yo had an idea what they have in mind, but Kaige is such a looker, he only needs to snooze for a trick LOL, but he is indeed soooo cute he´ll do great I KNOW, WE KNOW......

what does kaige already know how to do??
    It would be a TV commercial that just advertises the store.

Currently Kaige knows all the obedience commands (sit, down, stay, wait, heal, finish, flip, come, downs & sits out of motion, etc....)
    As for tricks he only knows a few:
    Shake (with what ever paw you want, left or right)
    Spin (which is where he gets up on his back feet & spins in a circle)
    Roll Over
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini9961
    I just want to wish you and Kaige good luck. I know you will come up with something great. Can he just sit there and look cute?
    Yes, they can just sit there & look cute but I figure his chances will be better if he knows a neat trick too. lol

my guess would be the spin, as if hes too happy to be there. and maybe the flip also and he´ll look so very cute
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I think the tricks he knows are pretty neat. lol Maybe you could do a search on google for some cool tricks? Good luck! Kaige is a cutie and will melt their hearts away!!!
    .C.H.E.L.S.E.A.

That is soo neat. Well I know Kaige does not need to practice being cute because he is cuteness overload. I am sure he will do great in his audition. Good Luck.

Maybe teach him "wave" .. Everyone LOVES when Kiara does that one and I have to admit, I am biased but, it is pretty darn cute.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kaige has already won the award for everything as far as I'm concerned. He's such a gorgeous example of his breed Sue. I think he could easily learn a cool trick in two weeks. Good luck to both of you!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yes the wave, it gets evey one..people just fall out when Sammyj does his wave ..lol..they will love it with a bit of a spin..oh wow

How do you teach them how to wave?
    I imagine it is similar to shake? He already knows shake, but he doesn't lift his paws up far enough for it to be considered a wave.

Good luck to Kaige, he is so cute and I think he is sure to win!

TRICK LIST

Wave: Lift paw up and say WAVE

Beg: Tell Kaige to sit and then lift up the treat over his head, when he gets in the Beg postition say 'BEG or SIT UP' If this does not work, when the dog is sitting, lift the paws up on your arms and say 'BEG or SIT UP'

Play Dead: Have dog lie down and put treat over head so the dog is on his side, and say 'DEAD or PLAY DEAD or BOOM or SHOT'

Another trick that I like is "crawl." Marta knows this, it's pretty easy once they know "down."
    Wave would definately be cute, they could even include it at the end of the commercial or something. I think that might be your best choice, who can resist a cute dog waving goodbye? I'm sure he could learn it within two weeks if he already knows shake, he seems like a smart little guy.