Thread: Fluffy let me clip all of her claws!

Fluffy let me clip all of her claws!

She got alot of treats for being such a good girl...I was sitting on the couch, and just propped her up facing away from me, like she ws sitting up, she just sat there the entire time was I clipped away!..Now I went over to Rocky and tried, but he just kept pulling his paws away from me, and then darted out like lightening, and then stopped and sat down to give me a dirty look, and took off again...last time at the vets office they h ad to muzzle him just to clip them...he just absolutely hates it!

Wife to Steve and Mother to:
    Samuel Thomas 8/31/96 Amber Nicole 3/9/98
    Elizabeth Rose 12/14/99 Shalee Robyn 6/24/92
    Rocky 6/02
    Fluffy 11/02

Claw clipping 101

I have found that it is a tad easier if you catch them when they are relaxed. The alternative is just to nab them, get a death grip on them, under your arm and start clipping. I have found that using regular human style clippers is easier for me and easier on the cats. Just don't clip too far down the nail. Clip often so they get the hang of it.

Miley acts as though I am killing her when I clip her nails, but that is just her personality shinning through. Ti seems to not mind it and Graemer, my RB kitty, well, he didn't mind it at all. He was numb to many things.

I am a real advocate of clipping nails, both front and back. I think it keeps them from hurting each other, me, and the furniture (wood especially).

The sooner you start it, the easier it is on the cats. Some people use the softpaws, but clipping to me, is much easier.

I will confess that Gabe wasn't the clipping of the nails type cat. He did allow me to medicate him from time to time, but that wasn't often since he really wasn't with me all that long of a time.

Clip, clip, clip and then clip more!

You're so lucky to have such a good kitty. My cats hate having their nails trimmed. When I tried it myself, Storm kept trying to bite me and wouldn't hold still. Sunny was okay but kind of wiggly. Cirrus will never let me clip his nails. I have to take them to a salon to have them done and Cirrus needs to be medicated so he's calm enough to let people touch him and clip his nails.

I only tried clipping their front nails but I can imagine that clipping their back nails would be even more difficult.